Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
From the Mothership.
mbs9

From the Mothership.

I sent an e-mail (text below) to my Land Rover dealership the other day. I've an appointment next week to take my Evoque in for service for the 2nd time in 3-weeks for a reoccurring problem. The GM at the dealership called today to tell me that a tech expert from "the Mothership, Land Rover UK" is flying in to the states to personally lead their tech team in diagnosing what's wrong with my RRE and creating a permanent fix. I'm impressed.

And I'll be even more impressed if and when they find a fix.

My e-mail:

Gentlemen,

I'm emailing you so that you're aware of a reoccurring problem I'm having with my brand new Evoque purchased from your dealership in December. This coming Monday, July 16, will be the 2nd time in 3-weeks I have to bring it in for service for the same problem - Engine Warning. The first time this happened was 3-weeks ago after the instrument cluster lit up with a "Restricted Performance!" warning light while I was driving 65-miles per hour on the freeway, the engine sputtering and losing power forcing me to maneuver through speeding traffic (while losing power, mind you) and pull off the road. To say this was really dangerous! is an understatement.

I brought my RRE into your dealership (June 21), got a loaner, and patiently waited 2-weeks while your techs consulted with Land Rover UK to try and figure out the problem and implement a fix. After 2 false fixes, 2-times your techs thought they had the problem solved but didn't; one of those times I came in to pick up my Evoque and had to turn right around and leave without it, I retrieved my Evoque on July 2 problem solved. Or so I thought.

Yesterday, July 9, 8-days later, the Engine Warning Light snapped on again. I called your service department this morning (again), have arranged to bring my new Evoque in this coming Monday, July 16, for service (again), and will be driving away for who-knows-how-long this time in a loaner (again).

I've been working with James in your service department and he's been great. I've been keeping Mellyssa, who helped me purchase my Evoque, informed on what's been going on, and she's been great. I love the Evoque. It's the most enjoyable car I've ever driven. I know your tech guys are doing everything they can to permanently fix this reoccurring problem. But quite frankly... This. Is. Unacceptable.

Thanks for your time and attention.
12-07-2012 09:29pm
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
cjfp

RE: From the Mothership.

My uncle had this on a new Disco4 - went in a couple of times and turned out to be a falty air flow sensor - fixed and now no issues. I'm not saying this is your problem, just that hopefully your issue can be resolved ASAP and you'll have a great car.

Pure 3dr SD4 Tech Man ; Firenze Red ; 19" Style 3 ; Pano ; Ebony / Ivory Int ; Auto dim rear view ; 2 seats ; Park Aid - Rear cam ; Ext. folding mirrors ; Adap Xenon ; Fogs ; Mud Flaps ; Side Steps - Rec'd 28/12/11 - Sadly going 6/6/14 - Gone, now running BMW X6
12-07-2012 09:35pm
BOBM4N

Can you ask him to take a look at the stereo reception issue while he (or she) is in town? Smile

Finally Arrived 06/02/12 Very Happy :

Dynamic SD4 Auto - Fuji White/Vortex, Pan Roof, Privacy
13-07-2012 09:19am
mbs9

Ok, so that's falty air flow sensor and the stereo reception issue. Got it. Wink
(This post was last modified: 13-07-2012 04:11pm by mbs9.)
13-07-2012 04:11pm
mbs9

Un-f**king-believable: Update, From the Mothership.

Well, my Evoque is STILL at the dealer's, and I got word from them this past Friday that so far all attempts by them to find a fix to what's causing the Engine Warning light to stay on have failed. They're going to continue trying to find out what's wrong. This coming Friday will be a total of 1-month, broken up into 3 separate instances when I had to take my RRE back to the dealer because of the Engine Warning light coming on, that they've had my RRE and have been trying and failing to find a fix. Un-f**king-believable.

I've never, NEVER, had the experience of a car company not being able to fix their own car. If by this coming Friday I still don't have my Evoque back in my possession, permanently and 100% in working order, I'm going to demand my full purchase price money back or a brand new car. And I'll go nuclear-legal-lawsuit on them if they don't comply.

Un-f**king-believable.
22-07-2012 06:03pm
QUEEVO

I had a similar situation with another car I bought, not RR. Long story short - the only fix was to replace ALL engine sensors and the ECU - expensive for the company under warranty so they were desperate to try everything else first. My car was off the road 12 times in 8 months - needless to say I will never buy another ......... Good news is that it was fine after that.

Good luck mate... I feel your pain...

regards,
Queevo
----------------------------------------------------------------------
MY12 TD4 Prestige Auto, Baltic Blue / Vibe, Tech, Surround Cameras, Fixed Panoramic Roof, Privacy Glass
22-07-2012 08:18pm