Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Flat Battery - Again
markwiggy

RE: Flat Battery - Again

I believe there is now a software update available now which will cure the charging problem, I am expecting my car to go to the dealer anytime soon, will keep you posted.

Mark

Range Rover Evoque Dynamic SD4 Auto 5 door Orkney Grey Black Roof with Panoramic and Privacy Glass
12-01-2013 12:37pm
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Alex

Out of curiosity is there a way of checking which software version is installed on the vehicle?

When we took our car in for a service several weeks previous with reference to the battery they said there was no updates required for the vehicle. We have had the car for a year now so I was curious if the system was updated or not in last service.

Arrived 22nd December - SD4 Dynamic Auto, Fuji White, Panoramic/Contrast Roof, Dynamic Plus & Lux Pack
12-01-2013 04:25pm
IKM

My Evoque was playing up last week and ended up back at the dealer. They advised me that they had to update the software associated with my battery not fully charging. When I mentioned that my car was just serviced by them on 13th December, they stated that this update came out after that date. Don't know if that was fact or fiction though!

Arrived 16 December 2011: Prestige SD4 auto 5dr in OG with Adaptive Dynamics, Adaptive Xenons, Surround Cameras, Auto Dimming Rearview, Grey Oak Wood, Spare Wheel and Powered Tailgate.

Joining 2010 Freelander XS Td4e in Stornoway Grey (we like Grey!)
12-01-2013 06:27pm
markwiggy

(12-01-2013 06:27pm)IKM Wrote:  My Evoque was playing up last week and ended up back at the dealer. They advised me that they had to update the software associated with my battery not fully charging. When I mentioned that my car was just serviced by them on 13th December, they stated that this update came out after that date. Don't know if that was fact or fiction though!

I received an email from LR on Friday to say that the update had just come available last week, so I think they are probably telling the truth. I am awaiting a phone call to get the car booked in at my local dealer, so will hopefully get done sometime in the next week.

Mark

Range Rover Evoque Dynamic SD4 Auto 5 door Orkney Grey Black Roof with Panoramic and Privacy Glass
13-01-2013 10:37am
Urban Splash

I had a problem with the flat battery message, which caused a 'gearbox failure' message...

Car went in the garage last week to have it seen to. They downloaded a software update fix for the battery issue....

Delivered: Evoque 5 door Prestige SD4 Auto 4WD, Orkney Grey, Fixed Panoramic Roof, Ivory Headliner, Vibe Interior, Spare wheel, 20" Chrome Shadow Style 7
13-01-2013 03:01pm
Sarcastrix

For those who have had the update, keep us updated ... on this s/w update that turns off the warning messages Shocked

Ordered: 25th Jan 2012 - Completed: 8th March 2012

Dynamic Coupe SD4 Auto / Fuji / Pano Roof / Tech Park 2 / Style 6 Alloys / Privacy Glass / Adaptive Xenons / Black H'lining / Cold Climate Pack / Auto-dim Mirror / Aux Heater / Roof Rails / Mud-flaps
14-01-2013 10:25am
markwiggy

Car going in Saturday morning for software update.

For your info, update became available on 3/1/2013.

Mark

14-01-2013 07:27pm
broady43

I have the charging problem too.My car is going in on monday for the software update,my stop start has not worked for a month so hopefully the charged battery will sort that out.

5 door Pure sd4 Tech Fuji with black roof, tinted windows, ebony seats, style 4 alloys, xenons, fogs,black grille.
Arrived 29/03/2012.
14-01-2013 07:34pm
Alex

Well it's happened to me! Car won't start my battery is flat, and I only had a full service last month complaining about this issue (kept getting the warning message on the screen but they said to ignore that).

It's annoying as there is heavy snow today and I'm now stuck at work awaiting Land Rover assistance to come out to me, but as its probably the worst day for weather I'm on some waiting list and have to wait about 4 hours.

Just to add my wife is expecting and it's this weekend that she is due so I hope I don't get a phone call from her!!

I'm guessing the cold weather has probably added to the battery problem, but I called up my dealer and spoke to the service department asking if they were aware of this problem and they said no. They told me as soon as LR assistance comes out and starts the car just ensure I take the car out for a lengthy drive to charge the battery.

Update: Land Rover Assistance showed up - didn't realise its an actual branded Land Rover customer support vehicle (thought they outsourced it to AA or Greenflag etc). But he said there was only 8 volts charge left and there is a software update that corrects the problem!! Which he is currently installing! Why on earth the dealer didn't do this a few weeks back! Going to complain!

I told the LR assistance guy that I thought there was an update as I got that from this forum but he told me I shouldn't use this forum as my source of information and laughed, my dealer/service department did the same when I called.

However I think the opposite, as its this forum and thread that has prepared me for this instance.

Arrived 22nd December - SD4 Dynamic Auto, Fuji White, Panoramic/Contrast Roof, Dynamic Plus & Lux Pack
(This post was last modified: 18-01-2013 03:06pm by Alex.)
18-01-2013 02:23pm
speary

(18-01-2013 02:23pm)Alex Wrote:  Well it's happened to me! Car won't start my battery is flat, and I only had a full service last month complaining about this issue (kept getting the warning message on the screen but they said to ignore that).

It's annoying as there is heavy snow today and I'm now stuck at work awaiting Land Rover assistance to come out to me, but as its probably the worst day for weather I'm on some waiting list and have to wait about 4 hours.

Just to add my wife is expecting and it's this weekend that she is due so I hope I don't get a phone call from her!!

I'm guessing the cold weather has probably added to the battery problem, but I called up my dealer and spoke to the service department asking if they were aware of this problem and they said no. They told me as soon as LR assistance comes out and starts the car just ensure I take the car out for a lengthy drive to charge the battery.

Update: Land Rover Assistance showed up - didn't realise its an actual branded Land Rover customer support vehicle (thought they outsourced it to AA or Greenflag etc). But he said there was only 8 volts charge left and there is a software update that corrects the problem!! Which he is currently installing! Why on earth the dealer didn't do this a few weeks back! Going to complain!

I told the LR assistance guy that I thought there was an update as I got that from this forum but he told me I shouldn't use this forum as my source of information and laughed, my dealer/service department did the same when I called.

However I think the opposite, as its this forum and thread that has prepared me for this instance.

Just goes to show that some dealers fob us off with lies and they dont like owners who know stuff about their cars

Pure Coupe SD4 Manual; Fuji White; 19" style 5 wheels; Addaptive Xenons; Auto Lights, Wipers and Rear Mirror; Folding mirrors with cool puddle lights. Magnoflow Exhaust finishers
18-01-2013 03:05pm