Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
First bit of damage,
ED209

First bit of damage,

Parked the evoque up at the pub last night and when walking away noticed a decent sized scrape on both lower parts of the front bumper. I cannot remember any time when i would have caused the damage, so once again it looks like some tosser has damaged a car and then said nothing.

I would post a picture but i needed to drown my sorrows so the car is currently still abandoned outside the pub 2 miles away.

td4 Pure manual in orkney grey, auto wipers/lights, front fogs, spare wheel. carmats4u mats, travall dog guard. Collected 30/03/12.
13-07-2012 09:19am
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
DiscoDad

RE: First bit of damage,

You leave your car in pub car parks overnight then complain that it gets damaged?

Ordered 3-4-2012 - Build date 27-6-2012 - Delivery expected 9-7-2012 - Actual delivery 29-6-2012
SD4 Auto Dynamic, Orkney Grey with black pano roof, style 7 wheels, lux pack, verve interior, ebony headlining, privacy glass, adaptive xenons, heated steering wheel, load retension system.
13-07-2012 09:33am
ED209

(13-07-2012 09:33am)DiscoDad Wrote:  You leave your car in pub car parks overnight then complain that it gets damaged?

It didnt get damaged in the pub car park and I am very careful where i park it. The local i use has a massive car park that only ever has 5-6 cars in it. I always park in the far corner in a bay that is abot 3 times as wide as a normal bay, the car is protected by a fence on one side ans some bushes on another, Nobody ever parks anywhere near my car in that car park.

I would say the pub car park i use is far far safer than any supermarket car park or on street parking anywhere as far as getting bumps is concerned.

td4 Pure manual in orkney grey, auto wipers/lights, front fogs, spare wheel. carmats4u mats, travall dog guard. Collected 30/03/12.
13-07-2012 09:38am
Token

Sorry to hear that fella...first mark is always the worst.

I have been driving for over 20 years and can honestly say that I have never once managed to damage anyone elses car in any way...I just don't understand how or why it happens!

Actually I probably do know why it happens...it's because some people just don't care...they are the same people that walk through a train with a bloody rucksack on their back bashing everyone as they go past without a care in the world...and the type of people on a plane who use the back of your seat to help them get up.

I genuinely detest these people!

Evoque Coupe 2.2 SD4 Dynamic LUX 190HP (in some kind of grey!)

[Image: event.png]
13-07-2012 09:50am
Ghost Rider

(13-07-2012 09:50am)Token Wrote:  Sorry to hear that fella...first mark is always the worst.

I have been driving for over 20 years and can honestly say that I have never once managed to damage anyone elses car in any way...I just don't understand how or why it happens!

Actually I probably do know why it happens...it's because some people just don't care...they are the same people that walk through a train with a bloody rucksack on their back bashing everyone as they go past without a care in the world...and the type of people on a plane who use the back of your seat to help them get up.

I genuinely detest these people!

I dont like these people either

Now in possesion of my SD4 Auto Dynamic., Santorini, Privacy Glass Shadow, Chrome Shadow style 7's Mixed emotions
13-07-2012 10:17am
doug

(13-07-2012 10:17am)Ghost Rider Wrote:  I dont like these people either

I don't like people full stop.

Sorry to hear about your body damage, just tell your self "it's only a car" & once repaired your never no it happened.

[Image: mini-graphics-vehicles-244162.gif] ABOVE AND BEYOND
RRE sold after 5 happy years. Jag F-Pace owner now
13-07-2012 04:55pm
Evo-king

Commiserations Ed.

Whilst cleaning the car last week I noticed a mark on the drivers door, at point where the door panel sticks out the most. Tried polishing to no avail, was at my detailers last weekend with my lad, asked Adam if he noticed it on my first detail he said no, he couldn't polish it out either.

I know it wasn't me and I'm sure my wife didn't do it either.

What a pain. Thinking of trying one of those masking pens, as seen on TV, anyone used them, do they really work?

Evoque No3: MY15 Dynamic Lux SD4, Auto, Santorini Black, Pimento Dynamic Plus Sports Seats, Ebony headlining, Pan Roof, Shadow Chrome Alloys.
13-07-2012 07:10pm
cutter7

(13-07-2012 07:10pm)Evo-king Wrote:  Commiserations Ed.

Whilst cleaning the car last week I noticed a mark on the drivers door, at point where the door panel sticks out the most. Tried polishing to no avail, was at my detailers last weekend with my lad, asked Adam if he noticed it on my first detail he said no, he couldn't polish it out either.

What a pain. Thinking of trying one of those masking pens, as seen on TV, anyone used them, do they really work?

Take a look here:
LR Kit 1

http://www.cartouchupkits.co.uk/category/394/LandRover

Please don't use one of those masking pens, they don't work, they just cover the scratch with a silicon smear and in normal daylight the scratch looks ten times worse and also once it's dried it's there for good..

(This post was last modified: 13-07-2012 07:38pm by cutter7.)
13-07-2012 07:28pm
doug

(13-07-2012 07:10pm)Evo-king Wrote:  Commiserations Ed.

DON'T Exclamation
They look so good on the TV ad, but it's like running clear glue of the scratched area. Yes the scratch will look better, but it leaves a slug trail on the paint work. Like a glue pen, the end blocks up so can only be used the once.

These points are only what I found out when this product hit the Market after reading up on it. I have never used it myself, so someone on hear could prove me wrong Very Happy

[Image: mini-graphics-vehicles-244162.gif] ABOVE AND BEYOND
RRE sold after 5 happy years. Jag F-Pace owner now
13-07-2012 08:12pm
Evo-king

Thanks for the info.

Don't think I would have gone down that route, but it is good to know what they are like.

Evoque No3: MY15 Dynamic Lux SD4, Auto, Santorini Black, Pimento Dynamic Plus Sports Seats, Ebony headlining, Pan Roof, Shadow Chrome Alloys.
13-07-2012 08:49pm