Thread Closed 

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
First Impression
druand

First Impression

I have had my Evoque 180 Auto 4WD for a week after 4 Freelander 2's. All auto
I am really impressed with the new 2.0 Ingenium engine with 9 speed auto, it is so quiet and also very responsive.
I am enjoying it almost as much as when I took delivery of a new Sierra Saphire Cosworth 4x4 almost 25 years ago.
Long may the honeymoon continue.
20-04-2016 09:34am
Find all posts by this user
Steve D

RE: First Impression

You're lucky. Some on here have not even got home from the honeymoon and have started divorce proceedings!

Santorini SD4A Dynamic Lux with shadow chromes, ebony leather and privacy glass. Very Happy
20-04-2016 12:06pm
SteveM

One month of ownership and 1700miles tomorrow also after moving from fl2.
Love the car. Mines a manual SE Tech and have upgraded to 5 split spoke black design pack wheels.
Was a member of FL 2 forum and appreciated the benefits of being part of a like minded community. Finding this forum similarly positive and helpful.
Hope you enjoy your rr evoque as much as I am.
23-04-2016 09:11pm
AndyFrance

I'm pleased for both of you that you're enjoying your cars. Unfortunately for me I didn't and I lost a lot of money buying a JLR product. Because of my experience JLR have lost money too as some people that have learned of my experience have decided to shop elsewhere. JLR will never lose as much as me percentage wise, but it's still a loss for them and a gain for another manufacturer.

I urge anyone that must buy a JLR product to do so using finance or lease. Buying as I did outright leaves you with no lever if something goes wrong. They just couldn't care less as they have your money and know you don't have a company behind you to fight your corner.

In my case they showed little or no interest. They had the money, I had the product, contract fulfilled. I was disgusted by the utter contempt I was shown from the CEO, right down to the dealership salesman.

Wouldn't touch them again with someone else's dick.
24-04-2016 07:02am
SteveM

Thank you Andy for your wise words. I have only been a forum member for a short time but have already noted the contempt you hold for JLR. Whilst I appreciate you have had a very bad experience, might I suggest you move on. Enjoy your Porsche when it comes and try and forget. To be honest your starting to sound a teeny bit obsessive. Can't be healthy.
Namaste.
24-04-2016 07:50am
AndyFrance

Thanks for your concern. I'm ok, it's just a hobby.
24-04-2016 07:52am
wheels

Might be a hobby but its just a bit to much actually
24-04-2016 09:33am
AndyFrance

Apart from a hobby I believe that it is essential that a forum should promote both the positive's and the negative's of a brand, of quality, ownership etc.

Perhaps you find it too much because you don't want to read any negative's. There are many lurker's on forum's such as this one. I believe there should be a balance instead of the view that the Evoque is the best thing since sliced bread...........It's not.

I have no intention of upsetting anyone on here, or anywhere else for that matter, but I hope I have and can exercise my right of free speech. May I suggest if you see my username on a post, ignore it. I only want to inform possible future buyer's what can and did happen.

I still try to help with advice here, it's not all doom and gloom and I don't think I'm breaking any forum rules by telling the truth.

I apologise for upsetting any member's, please ignore my posts, they're really intended for people browsing the site anyway.

Cheers
24-04-2016 10:18am
Steve D

Personally, I think AndyFrance has every right to moan as often as he likes - he spent good money, in cash, and lost a sizeable chunk of it on a premium product that simply wasn't. We've been luckier than him - it could have been any of us. Who on here would have simply wiped their mouth and walked away from it without venting your deep disappointment? I certainly wouldn't and I'd certainly mention it wherever I could have. He is clearly happy for those that have got what they have paid for and has given good advice regarding financing the purchase of one that may prevent others getting the same shoddy 'customer service'.

Santorini SD4A Dynamic Lux with shadow chromes, ebony leather and privacy glass. Very Happy
24-04-2016 01:43pm
AndyFrance

I'm stunned and humbled Mr Steve D, thank you.

I am going to cool it somewhat out of respect for all the member's that are unhappy with my conduct. I will however always give my opinion to those who I feel could benefit from it, including on this forum.

Thanks again Steve!
24-04-2016 01:56pm
Thread Closed