Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Finance Deals & Recommendations
Jai

Hey Guys, I'm interested to hear what people have scored for finance on their RRE as I am shopping around now. I have currently been offered a chattel mortgage for 8.2% , borrowing 74 of the 85k price, with a balloon of about 22k. this is through the dealer, although a friend of mine just went though the same financier and got in the 6% range for a new ml250 merc.

I am keen to find a second quote to either bring the dealer finance down or go with a better deal.

I look forward to hearing your stories Smile

JK

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
22-06-2012 12:16pm
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
stiggz

RE: Finance Deals & Recommendations

I got mid 7s on a chattelle for similar amount 2 months ago. With the drop in RBA rates you should expect figures in the 7s or below. Are you using a fixed financier or a broker?

Very Happy Fuji White, SD4, Contrast Black Roof w/ Panoramic glass, Tech Pack, Keyless Entry, Adaptive Dynamics & 20" Style 6 Wheels Very Happy
22-06-2012 12:33pm
Jai

I just asked the yard to let me know what they could do. They use capital finance. Who did you go through If you don't mind me asking ? I could be keen to look at them.

22-06-2012 01:48pm
stiggz

(22-06-2012 01:48pm)Jai Wrote:  I just asked the yard to let me know what they could do. They use capital finance. Who did you go through If you don't mind me asking ? I could be keen to look at them.

No stress, ended up going through Stratton Finance who got the deal through macquarie. If you can be bothered, get them find you the best deal, then approach the bank separately to see what they can do as Stratton will probably charge a fee.

Very Happy Fuji White, SD4, Contrast Black Roof w/ Panoramic glass, Tech Pack, Keyless Entry, Adaptive Dynamics & 20" Style 6 Wheels Very Happy
22-06-2012 02:22pm
Jai

I had Macquarie with my last car after they brought GMAC. They were absolute muppets. Tried to sting me $8k of unearned interest when my HSV got stolen after 2 years of the loan. I didn't sign where it said the loan was for business use so I got out of it. Will never deal with them again!

22-06-2012 02:56pm
Wacka76

Anyone else scored good finance deals of late?
30-07-2012 01:00pm
Aussievoque

I have a Chattel Mortgage also. Previously I was with Capital but they wouldn't budge below 8.2% (the guy actually laughed when I asked him to match 7.5% dealer offer. I eventually ended up with St George Finance at 7.1% (3 months ago) and the dealer offered to match that also. My banking is with St George so I went with them for simplicity. I looked at Stratton also but I think they were slightly higher and a bit cagey at letting me know what the actual rate was.

You should easily be able to get 7%. Alphera Finance (BMW) are also worth looking at. My 3 previous cars were with them and they were excellent.

2012 TD4 - Firenze - White leather - Style 6 - Panoramic roof - Keyless Entry - Bi-Xenons - Clearview - Navigation
31-07-2012 05:09am
DefLeppard

I always use bmw finance -(alphera )- as they offer a "no residual interest" loan
This also means they can give you an exact payout schedule month by month.
If you payout early - you dont have to pay any of the remaining interest (which just about every other loan will make you do) (or as above in the case your car is stolen or written off, you still wont get stung with ANY payout fees/ residual interest)

Stratton finance can offer loans through bmw/alphera. I got mine set up direct through the LR dealer.

SD4 Pure, Auto, 5 dr, Mauritius Blue, Pure Tech Pack, Reversing Camera, Front parking aid, Heated seats, Sat Nav, mud flaps. after market tint.

http://flic.kr/s/aHsjyQDpCj
01-08-2012 06:03am
Jai

Thanks for the advice today, I've gone with BMW Smile

01-08-2012 10:37am
Neo

Can you tell us the rate BMW is offering please? Thanks.

SD4 Dynamic, Fuji white 5 door
Pano roof, Adaptive Dynamics, style 7 wheels, auto tailgate, reverse camera, rear vents

Ordered: April 2012 | Built: June 2012 | Delivered: 14 August 2012
01-08-2012 11:14am