Thread Rating:
  • 2 Votes - 4.5 Average
Finally Got Build Date!
Evo-king

RE: Finally Got Build Date!

Question is do they recognise this forum?

We are not an anarchic group, just car lovers in general either belonging to the brand or aspiring to

If they do recognise us, a little bit of good PR and communication goes a long way.

Remember the story about being compared to mushroom, kept in the dark etc.

Evoque No3: MY15 Dynamic Lux SD4, Auto, Santorini Black, Pimento Dynamic Plus Sports Seats, Ebony headlining, Pan Roof, Shadow Chrome Alloys.
25-01-2012 05:17pm
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Rodinleeds

It's finally built, hurrah, ordered April 2011 RR Evoque Si4 Dynamic 5dr with plus pack in Firenze Red
25-01-2012 05:34pm
SINGHY

I ordered in Sept'11 and was told then it would be delivered in March, I told them I didn't want it until April, they've confirmed build date is 2 March and that the dealer will have it on 29 March. I must be the only one on this forum who's not that bothered about it being delayed becuase if it is, it means I can save more and borrow less to buy it with.

For those who are understandably getting impatient and frustrated I'm surprised that you're tolerating such poor service from your dealer given that your spending upwards of £30k, I would have expected the motoring press to get on the case on your behalf.

Pure SD4 5 door in Orkney Grey with Tech Pack, Xenons, Pan Roof, Auto dim mirror, Gloss black Dynamic grill upgrade, Roof, sde vents and waist rail wrapped in gloss black, Front Fogs, Style 4 Alloys and Spare Wheel - Collected on 6 April.
26-01-2012 09:36pm
Evo-king

The thing is, it's not the dealers fault, the factory builds the cars, the dealer is also a customer, but there is a serious breakdown in communications between the factory/dealers then us customers.

I don't doubt that dealers have never encountered this level of interest and orders, either they are complacent or they don't know how to deal with it.

Evoque No3: MY15 Dynamic Lux SD4, Auto, Santorini Black, Pimento Dynamic Plus Sports Seats, Ebony headlining, Pan Roof, Shadow Chrome Alloys.
26-01-2012 10:41pm
J77

I got my car in 6 months, ordered TD4 pure due December put back to January but came in December, dealer only got an allocation for 2 TD4s and 2 SD4s. So if 1st and 2nd in the que was SD4s their cars would have been submitted if 3rd in the que was an SD4 and my TD4 was fourth my order would be taken before 3 thus getting my car before them.I was the first person to order a TD4 so my order was submitted if I had been 3rd in the que then I would have been looking at March/April.

Ask your dealer if there is a particular reason why your order is being held back

18MY Range Rover Velar R-Dynamic SE D240
26-01-2012 11:17pm
MartinP

Currently dealers do not have to "sell" the Evoque as there is a queue of customers wanting to buy it and this can lead to a complacent attitude and poor service. What they do not realise is that we customers have long memories and remember these things and if we are sensible we would make a different choice next time. There is no excuse for poor service - with good communication and keeping the customer informed, even when the news is not good, can do wonders in the long term.

Retired! SD4 Manual, Prestige 5 door, Havana with Ambiance interior, plus lux pack and spare wheel.
Arrived! SD4 Auto, Autobiography 5 door, Kaikoura Stone with Tan interior, HUD/Solar glass, ACC, Lane Departure warning, Sign recognition plus spare wheel. Built 16 March. Collected 2 April.
[Image: 129200.png]
27-01-2012 01:36pm
Chunkstar

if any company audi,bmw,merc had this car they would all have problems!!!
massive demand=problems for any of them
also how many people have there evoques and dont come on this forum?i ordered in 1st week nov dealer told me march or april,its supposed to be coming end of feb now,i agree if dealers were more honest it would help,but if they dont know shouting at them dont help
bmw in press this week have taken 2 mths to sort out a door handle!!!!all car companies have problems
27-01-2012 02:40pm
THEMACS

(27-01-2012 02:40pm)Chunkstar Wrote:  if any company audi,bmw,merc had this car they would all have problems!!!
also how many people have there evoques and dont come on this forum?i ordered in 1st week nov dealer told me march or april,its supposed to be coming end of feb now,i agree if dealers were more honest it would help,but if they dont know shouting at them dont help
bmw in press this week have taken 2 mths to sort out a door handle!!!!all car companies have problems

WHAT!! Ordered Nov and getting FEB!!Evil This is why we are getting UPSET!! I Ordered June 2011 and MAY get it in March if I am lucky!!!! This is just getting more Ridiculous by the DayEvilEvil

Orkney Grey 5 Door Prestige, Manual SD4, Vibe Interior, Panoramic Roof and Privacy Glass. Order Placed 2/7/11 Picked Up 17/3/12, Gone 10/5/14
27-01-2012 02:59pm
Craig_d1

(27-01-2012 02:40pm)Chunkstar Wrote:  if any company audi,bmw,merc had this car they would all have problems!!!

but that's part of the problem. I ordered the same time and have est. delivery jun/jul, whereas you asre the end of feb. That's a big difference and I'm being penalised because of the dealership I went to.
Surely LR should have some sort of sytem that allocates cars proportionately to where the demand is, to try and even out the disparities.
As it's a new segment for LR, they wouldn't of been able to predict in which area of the country demand would come from, and so should be looking closely and the different dealership holding pools and reallocating the number of cars to each dealership accordingly, so that people on different sides of the country ordering from their local dealership should get their cars at similar times(give or take a month as you'll never get a 100% correlation), but when the difference between you and I is 4 to 5 months, that leaves a bad taste in the mouth.
After all, the resposibility for distribution is down to LR, not the customer to phone each idividual dealership in the country to find out their waiting lists. I'm trying to order a car, not get an inventory of LR demand
27-01-2012 03:18pm
johnboy

(27-01-2012 03:18pm)Craig_d1 Wrote:  but that's part of the problem. I ordered the same time and have est. delivery jun/jul, whereas you asre the end of feb. That's a big difference and I'm being penalised because of the dealership I went to.
Surely LR should have some sort of sytem that allocates cars proportionately to where the demand is, to try and even out the disparities.
As it's a new segment for LR, they wouldn't of been able to predict in which area of the country demand would come from, and so should be looking closely and the different dealership holding pools and reallocating the number of cars to each dealership accordingly, so that people on different sides of the country ordering from their local dealership should get their cars at similar times(give or take a month as you'll never get a 100% correlation), but when the difference between you and I is 4 to 5 months, that leaves a bad taste in the mouth.
After all, the resposibility for distribution is down to LR, not the customer to phone each idividual dealership in the country to find out their waiting lists. I'm trying to order a car, not get an inventory of LR demand
+1

On order, delivery May 2012 Fuji White SD4 Man, Tech Pack, Privacy Glass, Pano roof, Fogs, Lux Mats, power tailgate, puddle lamps, Auto dimming rear view mirror, 19" Style 4: Mud flaps: Xenons, rear camera: Dog Guard by Travall: Boot Liner. Delivered 29/05/12
27-01-2012 04:13pm