Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Fender Assembly
IDrivered

Fender Assembly

Hi- I wanted to know if anyone has an assembly manual for 2012 evoque w/o going to topix? My Left fender is cracked and I wanted to replace it. I can see the part available and the assembly diagram at landrovermerriamparts.com but I wanted to know if anyone has a disassembly or reassembly manual, or can tell me how difficult it is to take apart and back put together. From the diagram it doesnt look to hard. I really don't want to go to the dealers unless there's a good reason too as I'm on lease. Also would anyone know if body parts come prepainted with LR custom colours? I'm Fuji white. Thanks.
04-03-2013 12:53pm
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
WB
WB

RE: Fender Assembly

I don't have assembly info but I do know that most body parts come primed but not painted. The only exceptions I know of are trim pieces such as the vents, grills, tow eye covers which come pre-painted.
04-03-2013 02:11pm
Jai

Fender Assembly

Front fenders are plastic so they won't come primed I wouldn't have thought. Cheap and cheerful Smile
05-03-2013 01:24am
WB
WB

(05-03-2013 01:24am)Jai Wrote:  Front fenders are plastic so they won't come primed I wouldn't have thought. Cheap and cheerful Smile

You're right that plastic unpainted parts are not primed but he/she was asking if body parts come pre-painted as he/she's "fuji white" so parts that are be painted do come primed.
05-03-2013 11:07am
IDrivered

It is plastic. So are you saying it would or wouldnt come painted?

Anyone with leads on a workshop/assembly manual? Anyone ever tried topix.com or found an alternate?

Thx.
05-03-2013 04:01pm
WB
WB

(05-03-2013 04:01pm)IDrivered Wrote:  It is plastic. So are you saying it would or wouldnt come painted?

Anyone with leads on a workshop/assembly manual? Anyone ever tried topix.com or found an alternate?

Thx.

If the original part on your car is unpainted plastic then it will come in the same unpainted plastic finish. If the part on your car is painted (ie Fuji white) then it will come in primer and require painting.
05-03-2013 04:27pm