Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Farnells Land Rover
XFullFatTim
Bat wielding forum enforcer

Farnells Land Rover

Does anybody have any experience of buying from this dealer. They are part of the Co-op but seem to have some very odd trading terms via their e-Bay store, service has been good - just that they need to sight my credit card to confirm it is genuine.......................... well I live in Scotland and they are in York.

A Pangea Green New Defender 110 First Edition is now sitting on my drive alongside British Racing Green Electric Mini Cooper SE Level 3. After 21 years in my hands my TDI300 90 was handed on to the next custodian on 15 July 2022.
20-09-2011 10:44am
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Zermatt Vulgaris

RE: Farnells Land Rover

Hi tim I bought my defender from them in 2007 and had no real issues... They are part of the co-op . Service was good and price was excellent. Only slight concern was when the defender went into town and county for first service they felt PDI had not been 100% completed.

Visiting from rrsport.co.uk
2011MY Zermatt Silver Range Rover Sport HSE 3.0 TDV6
20-09-2011 11:21am
jayzon2186

Tim

Lets not go here... Shocked

[Image: evoque2.jpg]

SD4 - 5dr - Prestige - Sumutra Black - Style 6 Alloys
20-09-2011 11:23am
XFullFatTim

So far I'm happy with their service for supping wheels, they must have been bitten big time by fraudsters though to want to check the physical card - which in itself doesn't really prove much. I often wonder if they ever sold the special Anniversary RRS they built a couple of years back - the metallic Lambo Orange one........

A Pangea Green New Defender 110 First Edition is now sitting on my drive alongside British Racing Green Electric Mini Cooper SE Level 3. After 21 years in my hands my TDI300 90 was handed on to the next custodian on 15 July 2022.
20-09-2011 11:27am
defender_uk

(20-09-2011 11:27am)XFullFatTim Wrote:  So far I'm happy with their service for supping wheels, they must have been bitten big time by fraudsters though to want to check the physical card - which in itself doesn't really prove much......

Tim, just remember...they are in Bradford after all!!! I can't say I blame 'em wanting to see the card....lol

Defender_uk

Evoque Prestige Lux, OG, maual, style 4 wheels

comes to live with Defender 90 TDCi 07
20-09-2011 05:47pm
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Charlie
No Longer Registered

How can they expect to trade through ebay if they want to see each CC used. Surely the preferred method for both would be PayPal?
20-09-2011 06:36pm
defender_uk

all very odd...paypal would be the way forward

Defender_uk

Evoque Prestige Lux, OG, maual, style 4 wheels

comes to live with Defender 90 TDCi 07
20-09-2011 06:45pm
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
npinks

I thought the LR dealer in York was Armstrong Massey, Farnells in Leeds, Bradford or guisley

I used to have a good relationship with AM, York service desk 22 visits in 3 years helped :lol

Freelander 2 HSE in Alaska White and a caravan to match
20-09-2011 07:34pm
XFullFatTim

Well impressed with the delivery - 1030 Farnell's Leed's delivery van arrived autside my house with 4 wheels - I dread think what speed the driver drove at to get here and 10 minutes later he's on his way south again, card checked and wheels + centres (wasn't expecting those!) stacked in my garage until the winter tyres arrive.

26-09-2011 10:43am
rhysadams

I ordered my car from Farnells Bradford, after receiving poor service from 2 x Land Rover Dealers, first was my local dealership Hunters Land Rover Derby and the 2nd was the Land Rover Dealership in Aberystwyth, who said that they don't sell many evoques as their customers are all Farmers.

Dealership was nice and new, sales guy excellent! Just got to wait a bit now!

Arrived!!!: Range Rover Evoque SD4 Auto Dynamic Lux plus Privacy Glass and Premium Mats. Firenze Red, Black Roof and Style 6 Alloys, Dealer painted Black! DELIVERED: 14th September 2012 by Farnells Bradford.
09-06-2012 03:46pm