Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
I've always wondered...
Grah

RE: I've always wondered...

Appalling isn't it?

Why can't we buy the car from the factory, collect from there and save thousands?
29-01-2012 12:12am
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
jewel-r

(29-01-2012 12:12am)Grah Wrote:  Appalling isn't it?

Why can't we buy the car from the factory, collect from there and save thousands?

If only!!!!!!
29-01-2012 12:50am
LDT

(29-01-2012 12:12am)Grah Wrote:  Appalling isn't it?

I think factory collection is available with Mercedes (or used to be), but have not taken up the option. I doubt that any money would be saved by doing so as this would have appealed to me! I stand ready to be corrected if I am wrong, as I never looked closely at this!

Prestige SD4 Auto, Ipanema/Ambience, Style 4 Wheels, Pan Roof, Privacy, Dimming Mirror, High Beam Assist, Surround Cameras, Spare Wheel, Mud Flaps.
[Image: 116286.png]
29-01-2012 01:57am
XFullFatTim
Bat wielding forum enforcer

You still have to order your Merc from a UK dealer and not direct from the factory so you save nothing, plus you have to have some form of transport to get to Germany to collect the car as they don't take your old one at the factory! Even LR employees have to order through a dealership but use an employee discount code/ letter as far as I know

A Pangea Green New Defender 110 First Edition is now sitting on my drive alongside British Racing Green Electric Mini Cooper SE Level 3. After 21 years in my hands my TDI300 90 was handed on to the next custodian on 15 July 2022.
29-01-2012 10:09am
ED209

Im sure if you buy a ferrari you have to pay extra to collect from the factory! madness
29-01-2012 12:41pm
Straydox

As far as the UK is concerned. I wouldn't be surprised if the dealer profit base margin on the vehicle is in a range of 2 to 7.5%, it hasn't been very much for a good many years.

The real profit comes from the finance (GAP is another profit opportunity) and trade-in components of the deal - oh yes and that 'special' polish that the unwary will gleefully spend hundreds on... Shocked Some manufacturers also provide retrospective bonues (additional profit) for achieving a certain volume of sales in a given time period too - though in the longer term this is detrimental to the brand.

Delivered 15th May 2012, rejected and returned 4th Feb 2013 - SD4 5 door Prestige manual with a bucket full of rattles Mauritius Blue. Crazy Audi MY2020 RSQ3
29-01-2012 02:19pm