Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
[FYI] Adaptive Xenons in North America
ultran00b

[FYI] Adaptive Xenons in North America

To the best of my knowledge, there are no corner assist lamps in NA. The Xenons do swivel though. I never noticed them working and I think they don't turn much in this particular car. On other cars I can definitely see a difference. Do they also swivel in the EU and overseas?

Also, shouldn't they auto level upon start up? I only see them swivelling :/

Evoque 5 Door Pure Premium (Si4) Collected 12/01/12
Indus Silver/Ebony
-Fully loaded (NAV, pana, surround cam, Meredian 825W, etc)
-debadged
-Gloss Black "RANGE ROVER" text
-Blizzak DM-V1 winters
12-12-2012 10:32am
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
NightFox

RE: [FYI] Adaptive Xenons in North America

(12-12-2012 10:32am)ultran00b Wrote:  To the best of my knowledge, there are no corner assist lamps in NA. The Xenons do swivel though. I never noticed them working and I think they don't turn much in this particular car. On other cars I can definitely see a difference. Do they also swivel in the EU and overseas?

Also, shouldn't they auto level upon start up? I only see them swivelling :/

Have to say I don't notice much directional movement in mine either. Sure, I get the corner assist lights come on at low speeds, but the actual xenons don't seem to swivel much.

As for leveling, I think different cars do this in different ways. Some seem to automatically move down to their lowest position and then back up to wherever they need to be, which is very evident. However, I think others like LR just go from where they were to where they need to be, which is most cases isn't going to involve much movement at all so it's not noticeable.

MY13 TD4 Pure Manual ~ Tech Pack ~ Mauritius Blue ~ Panoramic Roof ~ Adaptive Xenons ~ Park Assist ~ Keyless Entry ~ Reversing Camera ~ Powerfold Mirrors ~ Autodimming Mirror
Ordered 14/6/12 ~ Built 13/11/12 ~ Delivered 15/11/12 ~ Collected 20/11/12

[Image: 163643.png]
(This post was last modified: 12-12-2012 11:23am by NightFox.)
12-12-2012 11:22am
slee18

RE: [FYI] Adaptive Xenons in North America

They actually swivel quite a bit while your driving at normal speeds(above 20mph). The start up is just checking that they work. I believe the swivel pattern is more on the passenger side then on the driver side. I could be wrong but thats from my memory

12 Evoque Si4 (US) Galway Green Prestige ivory expresso interior
12-12-2012 10:35pm