Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Exterior modifications for a Dynamic RRE
nicm

Exterior modifications for a Dynamic RRE

Hello everyone,

I just received my 5-door dynamic evoque in black and I'd like some advice for potential modifications which I can add to it.
Basically as I ordered it in santorini black, with a black panoramic roof and since it's the dynamic model it came with the black front grille, the car obviously ended up being very "single coloured", which made me think I'm better off adding a bit of contrast to it.

Up to now the only options by range rover that I've found that provide some nice contrast are the carbon fibre door mirror caps and the carbon fibre side vents. I considered adding the carbon fibre bonnet vents but changing the whole bonnet seems a tad excessive just for a couple of vents. I really like the silver side protection tubes but they do not appear to be compatible with the dynamic model.
I found a few a good looking sidebar by arden (http://www.arden.de/en/parts/range-rover...exterior/) but that's about it up to now.

I'm basically looking for anyone who has had the same issue or can offer any advice on the above or any alternatives or ideas.

Thank you in advance for any help on the matter Very Happy
27-08-2013 05:51pm
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Rxa

RE: Exterior modifications for a Dynamic RRE

Hi Nicm,

I have a Santorini black prestige evoque, I changed the front bumper for a dynamic spec one. So mine has the silver grill/vents found on the prestige along with the chrome waistline. Here's a photo which shows the contrast.

Evoque Prestige Lux Sd4 - Santorini Black/ Spirit Tan interior/ Style 7 Shadow Chrome wheels - ordered July 2012, delivered November 2012
1986 Range Rover 3.5 v8 in Dhaka, Bangladesh
27-08-2013 07:21pm
xxxx5

(27-08-2013 07:21pm)Rxa Wrote:  Hi Nicm,

I have a Santorini black prestige evoque, I changed the front bumper for a dynamic spec one. So mine has the silver grill/vents found on the prestige along with the chrome waistline. Here's a photo which shows the contrast.

That's really good mod. Nice balance between prestige and dynamic. Well done

Now Sold: 5dr Pure SD4 Man / Fuji White / Pano Roof / Tech Park / Style 6 Alloys / Privacy Glass / Xenons / Black H'lining / Power Fold Door Mirrors / Power Tailgate / Carpet Mats / Front Fogs.
27-08-2013 08:35pm
The Valeter

(27-08-2013 08:35pm)xxxx5 Wrote:  That's really good mod. Nice balance between prestige and dynamic. Well done

That was one reason why I bought a Pure as my 2nd Evoque after having the Dynamic. Problem is (if you can call it that) is that the Dynamic looks stunning straight from the factory & there is no real need to modify but then the issue is that as I found that as nice as it is it is the same as all the others except for colour of course & wheel options.
On my Barolo Black Pure Tech that like the Prestige come with most of the bumper in boring grey plastics I coloured most of these areas in Firenze Red & some parts in Barolo then the fender vents/rear finisher in red that now I have had said to me looks sportier than my Dynamic did!

Black Dynamic - go for Firenze Red grill & side fender vents & perhaps red tailgate finisher.

Came Home On 02/03/13 Pure Tech In Barolo Black/Cirrus Trim with Bespoke Firenze Ascents + Numerous Factory Options!!
Also :-

Rover 25GSi - 2005 Everyday Car.
MG ZR-Express Van - 2005 Special Factory Order (Literally a one off).
MG Montego 2.0i - 1990 Shows/Sunny Days.
MG Metro 1300 - 1983 Being Restored!
27-08-2013 10:29pm
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
mklam90

(27-08-2013 07:21pm)Rxa Wrote:  Hi Nicm,

May I ask where you bought the dynamic front bumper from? I'm interested, thanks.

TD4 Fuji Pure, pano, contrast roof, tech, clear view, powered tailgate, style 6.
28-08-2013 06:35am
Rxa

(28-08-2013 06:35am)mklam90 Wrote:  May I ask where you bought the dynamic front bumper from? I'm interested, thanks.

Bought it off eBay, it had minor scratches which the body shop resprayed. Got the tow eye cover from a LR dealer. Fog lights and surround were a straight swap from the prestige bumper. I also had the rear bumper colour coded to match the body. Looking back I think I should've got the dynamic rear bumpers as well. Thanks

Evoque Prestige Lux Sd4 - Santorini Black/ Spirit Tan interior/ Style 7 Shadow Chrome wheels - ordered July 2012, delivered November 2012
1986 Range Rover 3.5 v8 in Dhaka, Bangladesh
28-08-2013 10:26am
nicm

Rxa, your car looks awesome and is pretty much what I would like to achieve (the sweet spot between the black paint job and the silver details). Unfortunately since my grill and vents are black, I'm looking for ways to add those silver/chrome/carbon fibre details in alternative ways.
28-08-2013 01:39pm
mklam90

(28-08-2013 10:26am)Rxa Wrote:  Bought it off eBay, it had minor scratches which the body shop resprayed. Got the tow eye cover from a LR dealer. Fog lights and surround were a straight swap from the prestige bumper. I also had the rear bumper colour coded to match the body. Looking back I think I should've got the dynamic rear bumpers as well. Thanks

Ah, I've saw them on ebay before, was it hard to install? Did you do it yourself or? Thank!

TD4 Fuji Pure, pano, contrast roof, tech, clear view, powered tailgate, style 6.
28-08-2013 02:37pm