Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Exorcism for rattles
fedup

RE: Exorcism for rattles

I'm one of those owners. After 2.5 years of my Dynamic coupe and about a dozen trips back to the dealers, I'd had enough of the rattles. No sooner had they been fixed than more would appear or the old ones would return. Add to this my other niggles like the sat nav, creaking brakes etc. etc., I decided to cut my losses and buy something else.

My BMW is a dream. It's nowhere near as special or attractive as the Evoque, but to drive it's incredible in comparison. Even my new VW Transporter is more comfortable to drive than my Evoque was.

Had they sorted the rattles, I'd never have known any different and I suspect I'd have stuck with the brand for a long time. But as it is, I'd be surprised if I ever consider a Range Rover again.

(09-12-2013 04:32pm)maxw523 Wrote:  Hello All,

I've had numerous challenges with rattles since receiving my Evoque and sought them out as best I could.
The dealership has also struggled, but it takes up a lot of time and is far from easy.
I finally took the plunge and had the vehicle Dynamatted. It was either that or lose the car. I hate bloody rattles.
In addition, I got the dealer to take down the frame of the roof shade and search for any loose fittings. There was no room for additional insulation apparently.

After all this, the rattles improved dramatically.

It's ironic that while I was reading the Q5 forum, a number of members stated that they were previous Evoque owners who had gotten rid of the vehicle because they considered it to be a "rattle box".

I wonder how many of you are having similar experiences?
Apparently it is worst in the Coupe.

Max.
13-12-2013 07:38pm
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Stadt Panzer

Exorcism for rattles

Fedup,

Good luck with your BMW, whatever you do don't smash one of your headlights!!!

Friend of mine had his smashed (deer) over 2 months ago and BMW cannot get a replacement!! Oh and they won't have until the new year and I'm in Germany.

Had my coupe for 18 months and the only rattle I had was soon sorted by the dealer. Now waiting for my second Evoque.

Somewhere in the North Sea.
13-12-2013 07:45pm
ktjoinery

RE: Exorcism for rattles

I too reached the point where my focus was purely on the negative things with my dynamic, alignment issues, squeaks, rattles dealer visits etc.
Bit the bullet last month and got rid, new 6 series BMW in its place, 300+ HP 45mpg without trying , 5 year service plan £475, quality materials.
We all pay our money and make our choice but as a first time Land Rover owner I won't be spending any more on the brand I'm afraid.
13-12-2013 08:46pm