Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Auto Headlamps - Upgradable after purchase
toddyp

Auto Headlamps - Upgradable after purchase

I have only recently purchased a 2013 Pure Evoque with tech pack. At the time of purchase I did not really think not having auto headlamps would be all that bad however after a week now not having it I really wish that I ticked this option. I am just so use to it because it was a standard feature in my previous vehicle.

Does anybody know if this is a simple upgrade? Is it even possible?

I have found the turn signal switch with auto headlamp option online for a reasonable price however would it be as simple as upgrading the headlamp switch inside of the vehicle. I could not imagine it would involve a lot more than replacing this and maybe a new wiring barnes, but i could be wrong.
08-06-2013 04:48am
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
mklam90

RE: Auto Headlamps - Upgradable after purchase

I don't think you can really retro fit auto lamps, as it needs light sensors for it to work

TD4 Fuji Pure, pano, contrast roof, tech, clear view, powered tailgate, style 6.
(This post was last modified: 08-06-2013 07:42am by mklam90.)
08-06-2013 07:41am
XFullFatTim
Bat wielding forum enforcer

RE: Auto Headlamps - Upgradable after purchase

And the auto on system is also conneced to the windscreen wiper system so that after five continuous wipes the system thinks it is raining enough to need headlights instead of just DLR/ Signature lights which inturn also switches on the tail lights!

A Pangea Green New Defender 110 First Edition is now sitting on my drive alongside British Racing Green Electric Mini Cooper SE Level 3. After 21 years in my hands my TDI300 90 was handed on to the next custodian on 15 July 2022.
08-06-2013 12:51pm