Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Exhaust-like smell in the cabin
sciack

Hello,

I am to sure it is the same problem as the fuel smell thing... I don't smell any fuel, but only like exhaust fumes. It happens only when the recirculating air is on Auto, after a while start to feel that smell. So I set it to Man and it disappear. I thought it was coming from the vehicles before me, but no, it happens also if no car is before mine.

What can it be? Thanks for any help...
08-04-2013 07:36pm
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Sarcastrix

RE: Exhaust-like smell in the cabin

Mine has only started this (Exhaust-like smell in the cabin) since taking for it's first service. My 4 year old son was feeling ill because of it.

Ordered: 25th Jan 2012 - Completed: 8th March 2012

Dynamic Coupe SD4 Auto / Fuji / Pano Roof / Tech Park 2 / Style 6 Alloys / Privacy Glass / Adaptive Xenons / Black H'lining / Cold Climate Pack / Auto-dim Mirror / Aux Heater / Roof Rails / Mud-flaps
09-04-2013 06:44am
supplyimaging

Since the first service I too have had the exhaust smell in the cabin! I have the 2 ltr petrol and the aircon on auto. I had the flat battery problem as well but the April software update cured that ... so far....
07-05-2013 11:41am
PhiliusM

(07-05-2013 11:41am)supplyimaging Wrote:  Since the first service I too have had the exhaust smell in the cabin! I have the 2 ltr petrol and the aircon on auto. I had the flat battery problem as well but the April software update cured that ... so far....

Any joy on curing you exhaust smell?
30-05-2013 05:28pm
supplyimaging

(30-05-2013 05:28pm)PhiliusM Wrote:  Any joy on curing you exhaust smell?

Hi,
After the AA man came and looked (landrover assistance were busy) and he could smell it too, I took it in and it had a broken pipe replaced! Have not found out what pipe this was.... but it cured it. The AA man said that some diesel Evoques have a the problem due to the preheater!? but as mine is petrol I did not follow this up. If you look under the battery lid you can see right in to the heater matrix!!! Battery fumes would empty inti this!!!!!
30-05-2013 05:38pm
PhiliusM

(30-05-2013 05:38pm)supplyimaging Wrote:  Hi,
After the AA man came and looked (landrover assistance were busy) and he could smell it too, I took it in and it had a broken pipe replaced! Have not found out what pipe this was.... but it cured it. The AA man said that some diesel Evoques have a the problem due to the preheater!? but as mine is petrol I did not follow this up. If you look under the battery lid you can see right in to the heater matrix!!! Battery fumes would empty inti this!!!!!

Thanks for the information.
30-05-2013 07:27pm
sciack

So it seems to be the rail spill? Anyone confirmed they have fixed this issue ?
24-09-2013 10:23am
harrydor

(24-09-2013 10:23am)sciack Wrote:  So it seems to be the rail spill? Anyone confirmed they have fixed this issue ?

Just posted a reply to this spill rail issue a recall is being rolled out by range rover but if your vin number is affected ring your dealer and they will check and repair if required. Had mine in this morning all ok no work required but if while waiting for recall letter you smell fumes or fuel get it in quick,or better still if your vin number falls between 639806-816769 ring dealer and get it sorted better safe than sorry
24-09-2013 11:46am
sciack

I know about that, my question was directed to those who complained from a bad smell in the cabin, and if they have it fixed by this new campaign?

I have already contacted my dealer and they have already ordered the two parts needed to be replaced.
24-09-2013 06:02pm
PhiliusM

The exhaust smell on my petrol Evoque turned out to be a leaking exhaust joint down the back of the engine. New gasket and bolts were fitted and it cured it.
24-09-2013 06:16pm