Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
New Member - what to buy?
AMD1

RE: New Member - what to buy?

We went into the local dealership this afternoon to look at a few models and ask for a trade in on the BMW. When a salesman finally tore himself away from his PC, he asked if he could help. We told him the situation and he told us he was dealing with 3 customers currently and was too busy. We walked out not too happy with such poor customer service.
It's the same dealer I used to by my 1st Fullfat and that experience was awful too. So back to the configurator and visit a different dealer next weekend. SWMBO is looking at the Pure but I have suggested the Prestige for now....still looking.
28-04-2012 07:18pm
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Griff449

Well please feel free to name and shame the dealer in question so that others may avoid typical LR customer service.......... Its a rare thing is a friendly LR dealership these days......

Had a Pure TD4, Fuji White - now have Dynamic SD4, Fuji White 9 Speed auto with Verve Interior - let the new project begin!
28-04-2012 07:46pm
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
XFullFatTim
Bat wielding forum enforcer

AMD, it's a haul from hampshire but I suggest you contact James Tayler or Matthew Gurney at Lookers Park Royal in West London, they are the forum sponsors and even though I live in Scotand I have now purchased an RRS TDv8, FFRR TDv8 and the Evoque through them. It is such a pity that there still seem to be too many (and this is a word that I don't use much on the forums) "stealers" operating who just cannot be bothered to get off their backside to sell.
You really should name and shame these guys because we know that Land Rover are not just represented on the forum by Nik but various parts of the company also look in and read it and we have the editor of What Car? among the membership. For what it is worth you can send a private message direct to Nik naming the dealer and asking her to look into the matter if you don't want to be public - it is simply not good enough that somebody who considers themself to be a salesman is "too busy" to deal with another client - surely the dealership has more than one salesman

A Pangea Green New Defender 110 First Edition is now sitting on my drive alongside British Racing Green Electric Mini Cooper SE Level 3. After 21 years in my hands my TDI300 90 was handed on to the next custodian on 15 July 2022.
(This post was last modified: 28-04-2012 08:19pm by XFullFatTim.)
28-04-2012 08:17pm
AMD1

Hi Tim,
Not sure it's good etiquette to name and shame on a public forum, others may have had a good experience of the dealer. All I would say it was my local dealer and I live near Portsmouth. Customer service varies where ever you buy, but it's my belief that attitudes of the sales executives stems from the branch managers leadership and management. The understanding of the benefits of creating a first class customer experience when buying a product or service is clearly lost on some managers.
So with my local dealer, they have lost 2 new purchases from me; although their parts and service departments are pretty good.
I have heard good reports about Lookers in London, a day trip to the smoke may be needed. Alternatively, I have dealt with Harwoods a few times with my other cars and they have been very good.

Back to the configurator, although seeing the colour and trim you want in the flesh is helpful.
29-04-2012 08:04am