Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Evoque service in Sydney
soibud

Evoque service in Sydney

Hi all,

New to the forum... not sure on the rules of asking this question but there is a reason why!

I am looking for a reliable and trustworthy mechanic to service my Evoque. I went to a reputable Land Rover dealer in Sydney to get my first service.

Other than being a tad expensive... I was willing to pay... my partner picked up the car and on the way home she had to pull over as she had bad vibrations coming through the steering wheel. When I finally arrived I noticed that all FOUR wheels had not be done up properly... they weren't even finger tight! Not what I expected from any mechanic let alone a dealership. They were hardly interested in assisting... I got a 'drive it back in and we will check it out'.

I complained that it was extremely poor workmanship and requested in writing that it be followed up and to let me know the outcome of the discussion with the mechanic who put my partner in a dangerous position. One of the wheels had almost fallen off. I also asked for the procedure manual / policy in checking the car before it left to be picked up by a customer... of course... a dealership... happy to sell and then nothing. I got NOTHING.

If someone could let me know of a good mechanic in Sydney... that would be great. I need a 20000kms service done before Xmas.

Thank you in advance... I just want my partner to feel safe when driving the car Smile
25-10-2015 02:46am
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Good shot

RE: Evoque service in Sydney

(25-10-2015 02:46am)soibud Wrote:  Hi all,

New to the forum... not sure on the rules of asking this question but there is a reason why!

I am looking for a reliable and trustworthy mechanic to service my Evoque. I went to a reputable Land Rover dealer in Sydney to get my first service.

Other than being a tad expensive... I was willing to pay... my partner picked up the car and on the way home she had to pull over as she had bad vibrations coming through the steering wheel. When I finally arrived I noticed that all FOUR wheels had not be done up properly... they weren't even finger tight! Not what I expected from any mechanic let alone a dealership. They were hardly interested in assisting... I got a 'drive it back in and we will check it out'.

I complained that it was extremely poor workmanship and requested in writing that it be followed up and to let me know the outcome of the discussion with the mechanic who put my partner in a dangerous position. One of the wheels had almost fallen off. I also asked for the procedure manual / policy in checking the car before it left to be picked up by a customer... of course... a dealership... happy to sell and then nothing. I got NOTHING.

If someone could let me know of a good mechanic in Sydney... that would be great. I need a 20000kms service done before Xmas.

Thank you in advance... I just want my partner to feel safe when driving the car Smile

Wow that is bad. I had a series 3 service in Kaduna, Nigeria about 30 years ago and they forgot to put any engine oil in! That only risked damaging the engine - not the partner.

Last 2013 SD4 Auto, Prestige, Pano, Firenze Red. Loving the USB shuffle.
25-10-2015 07:18pm
Amadeus

I use Concord Land Rover even though I got mine from a country dealer (broker deal). 3rd service due in April but its been in for a warranty issue for last 3 days and was given the new XE Jag as a free loan car (also had a black one for the 2nd service). Also needed new rear brake pads done (and got them to rotate the tyres for zilch). Overall a good recommendation.
There is a mobile LR guy who said he could do the pads on the Evoque but I haven't tried him yet (maybe after the warranty expires). PM me if you want his details.

Attached File(s) Thumbnail(s)

eD4 Pure Fuji Coupe | Tech Pack | Pano Roof | Cirrus Leather | Powerfold Mirrors | Xenons | 19" Style 3s | arr 5Apr13
(This post was last modified: 11-11-2015 04:59pm by Amadeus.)
11-11-2015 04:56pm
soibud

(11-11-2015 04:56pm)Amadeus Wrote:  I use Concord Land Rover even though I got mine from a country dealer (broker deal). 3rd service due in April but its been in for a warranty issue for last 3 days and was given the new XE Jag as a free loan car (also had a black one for the 2nd service). Also needed new rear brake pads done (and got them to rotate the tyres for zilch). Overall a good recommendation.
There is a mobile LR guy who said he could do the pads on the Evoque but I haven't tried him yet (maybe after the warranty expires). PM me if you want his details.

Thank you Amadeus... will give them a go!
15-11-2015 03:33am