Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Evoque's New Big Brother
IKM

RE: Evoque's New Big Brother

I quite like it, although I suspect the build quality and materials used won't be of the same quality as current RRS. I also wouldn't like to be a pioneer of £60k plus car.... and face all the software issues etc that we've had with the Evoque. To me an outgoing RRS at a discounted price may be a more attractive proposition, nothwithstanding depreciation hit later on.

Arrived 16 December 2011: Prestige SD4 auto 5dr in OG with Adaptive Dynamics, Adaptive Xenons, Surround Cameras, Auto Dimming Rearview, Grey Oak Wood, Spare Wheel and Powered Tailgate.

Joining 2010 Freelander XS Td4e in Stornoway Grey (we like Grey!)
13-03-2013 09:09pm
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
cjfp

Fancy going back to the same bloke that has leaked before !

(13-03-2013 09:09pm)IKM Wrote:  I quite like it, although I suspect the build quality and materials used won't be of the same quality as current RRS. I also wouldn't like to be a pioneer of £60k plus car.... and face all the software issues etc that we've had with the Evoque. To me an outgoing RRS at a discounted price may be a more attractive proposition, nothwithstanding depreciation hit later on.

+1 on both counts

Pure 3dr SD4 Tech Man ; Firenze Red ; 19" Style 3 ; Pano ; Ebony / Ivory Int ; Auto dim rear view ; 2 seats ; Park Aid - Rear cam ; Ext. folding mirrors ; Adap Xenon ; Fogs ; Mud Flaps ; Side Steps - Rec'd 28/12/11 - Sadly going 6/6/14 - Gone, now running BMW X6
(This post was last modified: 13-03-2013 09:16pm by cjfp.)
13-03-2013 09:13pm
xxxx5

(13-03-2013 06:35pm)Urban Splash Wrote:  Nice, but doubt I would every buy another LR....

+1, totally agree.

Now Sold: 5dr Pure SD4 Man / Fuji White / Pano Roof / Tech Park / Style 6 Alloys / Privacy Glass / Xenons / Black H'lining / Power Fold Door Mirrors / Power Tailgate / Carpet Mats / Front Fogs.
13-03-2013 09:54pm
Donny Dog

The windscreen looks too steep aesthetically in relation to the bonnet (it reminds me of a Mark I RAV4).
13-03-2013 11:47pm
XFullFatTim
Bat wielding forum enforcer

Not sure, I have a deposit down on one and have had for two years but its bigger than I need and I suspect that the price will be geared so that the basic spec doesn't trample on top of the range Evoque prices, and that is too high in my books.
I totally agree with IKM, I've previously owned two RRS and really loved them, even the basic SE version didn't lack any luxuries was well built and I also ad a couple of software issues with it that were rapidly dealt with, but nothing like what the Evoque has suffered. My first one was also a very early car, delivered a week after the launch.
I rated my 2nd RRS as the best car I have ever owned, it was a TDv8 HSE with no extras. Fantastic car, 2007MY, never missed a beat, never rattled, was economical (could get 32 mpg on a motorway haul, easily sometimes better). The only criticism I could have was it wore out front suspension/steering bushes annually which was fie in the warranty period......... Inconvenient out f warranty. It's also the only modern Land Rover I have kept longer than 3 years. I traded it for a 2010MY FFRR which was a nice car, very comfortable but fell over going round corners and after the huge Brembos of the RRS the brakes on the FFRR felt as if they had been left off the build sheet, very soggy and no feel.

It looks a bit Nissan Murano to me.................... If it has the build quality and reliability of one then LR might be onto a good thing!

A Pangea Green New Defender 110 First Edition is now sitting on my drive alongside British Racing Green Electric Mini Cooper SE Level 3. After 21 years in my hands my TDI300 90 was handed on to the next custodian on 15 July 2022.
(This post was last modified: 14-03-2013 08:48am by XFullFatTim.)
14-03-2013 08:22am
BA74

Must admit it looks pretty good.
Thought they would have evolved it a bit more rather than just replicating the Evoque.

Gone - Range Rover Evoque - Si4 Pure - 5 Door Fuji White
14-03-2013 10:10am
WB
WB

(13-03-2013 09:13pm)cjfp Wrote:  Fancy going back to the same bloke that has leaked before !

That is hillarious - someone in LR North America should be fired!
14-03-2013 11:42am
THEMACS

(14-03-2013 11:42am)WB Wrote:  That is hillarious - someone in LR North America should be fired!

Looks like he's put a bit of timber on!Laughing

I think that car looks like a Right mess! Trying to be a bit Evoque and a bit Big RR and not quite doing either that well, I'm not a fan of the current RRS, but I think it looks better than this, perhaps it's just a bad pic!

Orkney Grey 5 Door Prestige, Manual SD4, Vibe Interior, Panoramic Roof and Privacy Glass. Order Placed 2/7/11 Picked Up 17/3/12, Gone 10/5/14
(This post was last modified: 14-03-2013 09:56pm by THEMACS.)
14-03-2013 09:53pm
WB
WB

(14-03-2013 09:53pm)THEMACS Wrote:  Looks like he's put a bit of timber on!Laughing

I think that car looks like a Right mess! Trying to be a bit Evoque and a bit Big RR and not quite doing either that well, I'm not a fan of the current RRS, but I think it looks better than this, perhaps it's just a bad pic!

I do hope for LRs sake that those pictures aren't doing it justice but it may be only a matter of time before they make a horrible mistake... perhaps this is it.
14-03-2013 10:03pm
stef.c

(14-03-2013 10:10am)BA74 Wrote:  Must admit it looks pretty good.
Thought they would have evolved it a bit more rather than just replicating the Evoque.

I agree. I do like the look of it. And another positive is that it keeps the Range Rover family consistent and together.

However I do have some reservations on the appearance. It is after all mimicking the original design of the concept LRX and as such will never be as pure a design.

At the same time it also worries me a little that it resembles the Evoque so closely and because of this the Evoque loses something of what made it so special and unique. It detracts from it a little.

I also think that because of this closeness of design the RR Evoque's status will be further seen as a 'little brother' to the FFRR and RRS, rather than a unique car in its own right.

Arrived: Range Rover Evoque Prestige SD4 5 door in Fuji White & Vibe Interior. Extras: Lux Pack, Adaptive Dynamics, Rear Entertainment, 20" Style 6 Wheels, Ebony Headlining, Adaptive Xenon, Hi Beam Asssist, Privacy Glass, Homelink, Heated Steering.
(This post was last modified: 15-03-2013 10:53am by stef.c.)
15-03-2013 09:51am