Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Evoque on top gear tonight
Owend

RE: Evoque on top gear tonight

(12-07-2011 02:35pm)Fox Wrote:  
(12-07-2011 02:27pm)Owend Wrote:  The Yeti, do you have an automatic (DSG) or manual.. I'm looking at a 1.4TSI manual for the missus.... we testd drove the 1.2TSI and I felt I'd like her to have a little more power in the mid range..!!!!!!

did you take the skoda navigation ?

My wife can only drive auto so we got the 1.2 DSG.

The 1.4 is a bit nippier. With 7 gears and the quick change of the DSG the 1.2 does feel quite lively up to about 55mph, then starts to tail off a little and doesn't really want to go over 90mph. So fine for pottering about or trips on the motorway.
Payback is that despite being a petrol it averages over 40mpg, which considering it's got quite a blunt front end and is petrol is fine.

The 1.4 is deceptively nippy for it's cubic capacity, just a shame it doesn't come with a DSG box. I've never seen my wife use full throttle in the 1.2 though as the little one is alway aboard.

Bad point is the waiting list. You often have to wait between 3 and 6 months as they are so popular.

No, we didn't get the navigation as it was nearly 10% of the car cost.
So I bought one off ebay for less than half the cost and fitted that. (factory slight second apparently...)
Great system, seems to have been modelled on the 2006 FF Range Rover system as it's nearly identical, just with a better screen and no TV option.

Cheers for the feedback...
we test drove the 1.2 manual, which i found became gutless at the top end...!!! and as you said 1.4 is in manual only..... it's funny as in Holland the 1.2DSG is more expensive than the 1.4 manual !!!!!!

anyway back to RRE stuff...... lol
12-07-2011 02:46pm
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Fox

(12-07-2011 02:46pm)Owend Wrote:  anyway back to RRE stuff...... lol

Yes, sorry about that. Laughing

Current: '97 Camel Trophy Defender, Skoda Yeti, Skoda VRS, Morris Minor.
Previous: 08 RR Vogue SE, 06 Vogue, 07 Defender, 05 Defender and so on.....
12-07-2011 02:48pm
Charlie
No Longer Registered

Sassy, at the end of the day your comments of

"the Evoque is not for families"

and

"I would hope that anyone with kids would either buy a 5 door or give the Evoque a miss altogether"

along with your last post, the biggest load of rubbish I've read on here to date.

But I agree with the several PMs I've had since - that you're talking cr*p and only here as a troll. Based on those thoughts I won't be commenting on this again or anything else you write!
13-07-2011 08:44am
evoqueboy

Guys just to let you know the Evoque is in the top gear mag as well! Quite a few mags this month including autocar and auto express.
13-07-2011 10:04am
cutter7

(13-07-2011 10:04am)evoqueboy Wrote:  Guys just to let you know the Evoque is in the top gear mag as well! Quite a few mags this month including autocar and auto express.

Yes, just downloaded Autocar and Top Gear mag reviews.

I know, we will all be very Happy with our 3 or 5 door cars! great positive reviews all round! Smile

13-07-2011 10:23am
SW6RR

I have just downloaded the Top Gear review (iPad) - not read it yet but from the looks of the intro its a serious test - 4 countries in seven days and (quote) their most "ambitious road test of a car ever attempted" - should be worth a look.
13-07-2011 10:30am
vinda

To be honest apart from the what car review which gave 5/5. From the others I got the feeling they thought the car was over hyped
14-07-2011 01:26am
HA54SYM

Read all the above posts and I still am edging towards the 3 door even though we have a 2 year old.

We have always had 3 door cars over a 5 door for this second car, and our current GTi is 3 door as the 5 door just looks wrong.

I don't think acess is an issue to be honest, but it would be better if the seat either moved quicker, or had a manual overide.

I'm yet to see a Coupe to get in, but I'm not too concerned.

If its raining your getting to get wet anyway, even if you have a 5 door when standing strapping a child into a car seat, I'm sure people with kids will understand that.

Dave
(This post was last modified: 15-07-2011 08:39am by HA54SYM.)
15-07-2011 08:39am
Fox

(15-07-2011 08:39am)HA54SYM Wrote:  Read all the above posts and I still am edging towards the 3 door even though we have a 2 year old.

We have always had 3 door cars over a 5 door for this second car, and our current GTi is 3 door as the 5 door just looks wrong.

I don't think acess is an issue to be honest, but it would be better if the seat either moved quicker, or had a manual overide.

I'm yet to see a Coupe to get in, but I'm not too concerned.

If its raining your getting to get wet anyway, even if you have a 5 door when standing strapping a child into a car seat, I'm sure people with kids will understand that.

Dave

Do you put the baby seat in the front passenger seat or back?
Because putting it in the back could be one hell of a faff getting the little one in and out.

My son is two years old and we've avoided 3 door cars.
Also a lot easier to clean the back out.

Current: '97 Camel Trophy Defender, Skoda Yeti, Skoda VRS, Morris Minor.
Previous: 08 RR Vogue SE, 06 Vogue, 07 Defender, 05 Defender and so on.....
15-07-2011 09:56am
HA54SYM

In the back.

If its anything like the Golf, then its fine.

you do have to shoe horn the seat in, in the first place, but you don't often take it in and out anyway.

In the golf she climbs into the footwell, we lft into the seat, then you just stand or kneel in the footwell and do the straps up.

Granted its not as easy as doing it in my 5 door company estate car, but its ok.

Since reading this thread, and seeing the seat issues, I've looked at the Coupe and the 5 door, and that 30mm (3cms) really do make all the difference. I don't like how the 5 door looks.

Again will wait till I can test drive the Coupe, but for me its the way to go regardless.

Dave
(This post was last modified: 15-07-2011 10:12am by HA54SYM.)
15-07-2011 10:11am