Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Evoque on long-term test
johnwhatcar

RE: Evoque on long-term test

(23-03-2012 06:10pm)Broadsword1959 Wrote:  Welcome John

Was reading the online review of the Evoque on your website (as I have several times ) and notice you only have 2 reader reviews.

Both of these reviews do not appear to be from owners but rather individuals who have had 1 -2 hour test drives and have scored the vehicle on that experience..

Not good enough team !

I am sure there are owners on here that could add a few reviewes and get a better ownership perspective.

Come on BabyRR team get some honest reviews in

Hi Broadsword,

Good point. Of course BabyRR forum users help each other in this regard, but if anyone does want to offer their view on their car on our site, they can do so via this page - http://bit.ly/GJpcP5

Knowledge is power, I guess, regardless of wherever it comes from... Wink

Kind regards,

John

Editor, What Car? - Range Rover Evoque Prestige Sd4 Automatic, Fuji White, panoramic contrast roof, Spirit tan Oxford leather interior with espresso and ivory, 19in alloys style 5, Adaptive Dynamics.
Also on Twitter
23-03-2012 06:25pm
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Donny Dog

(23-03-2012 06:25pm)johnwhatcar Wrote:  if anyone does want to offer their view on their car on our site, they can do so via this page - http://bit.ly/GJpcP5

Oh no they can't - or at least, I can't! To review the car you have to register. So, I registered, got a confirmation e-mail, followed the embedded link to activate the account, but still could not then log in. The system just takes you round in circles until you area back at the start, and, after a few times round the houses, I gave up. Twisted Evil

I'm afraid the world will just have to wait a little longer for my pearls of wisdom!Crying
23-03-2012 10:14pm
Evo-king

John,

Welcome to our forum, as your are probably aware we have some very loyal Evoque owners on here, happy to debate the strengths and weaknesses of ordering and owning an Evoque.

Slightly off topic, in your signature photo, is your 5dr alongside the LRX concept, because up to now no production Evoque has been seen photographed alongside the LRX?

If it is, is there a larger picture for public viewing, because in your pic the LRX looks somewhat smaller?

Evoque No3: MY15 Dynamic Lux SD4, Auto, Santorini Black, Pimento Dynamic Plus Sports Seats, Ebony headlining, Pan Roof, Shadow Chrome Alloys.
23-03-2012 10:33pm
johnwhatcar

(23-03-2012 10:14pm)Donny Dog Wrote:  Oh no they can't - or at least, I can't! To review the car you have to register. So, I registered, got a confirmation e-mail, followed the embedded link to activate the account, but still could not then log in. The system just takes you round in circles until you area back at the start, and, after a few times round the houses, I gave up. Twisted Evil

I'm afraid the world will just have to wait a little longer for my pearls of wisdom!Crying

Donny,

I'll get our tech team to investigate when I return to the office on Monday morning - thanks for pointing out the fault!

Regards,

John
(23-03-2012 10:33pm)Evo-king Wrote:  John,

Welcome to our forum, as your are probably aware we have some very loyal Evoque owners on here, happy to debate the strengths and weaknesses of ordering and owning an Evoque.

Slightly off topic, in your signature photo, is your 5dr alongside the LRX concept, because up to now no production Evoque has been seen photographed alongside the LRX?

If it is, is there a larger picture for public viewing, because in your pic the LRX looks somewhat smaller?

Evo-king,

You're absolutely correct. As I said in an earlier post, we collected our car from the Design Studio at Gaydon. I know it's a five-door, not a coupe, but with it being white and with the similar tan interior, we thought it'd be nice to pick it up from literally right beside the original LRX.

LRX isn't in perfect condition; it lives at the Design Studio these days, and LR are pretty sensitive about it being used for pics etc. But we managed to persuade them, just this once... Wink

I do have higher-res images, yes, and I'll post a couple here pretty soon.

The LRX is of course smaller - the roof line of the five-door production car is taller than that of the coupe, which in turn is taller than that of the LRX. So it's not surprising that it looks a bit shrunk beside a white five-door.

Kind regards,

John

Editor, What Car? - Range Rover Evoque Prestige Sd4 Automatic, Fuji White, panoramic contrast roof, Spirit tan Oxford leather interior with espresso and ivory, 19in alloys style 5, Adaptive Dynamics.
Also on Twitter
(This post was last modified: 23-03-2012 11:16pm by johnwhatcar.)
23-03-2012 11:10pm
The Valeter

Lets hope the views are of the real general and honest perception/experience with the car rather than some reporters/editors personal views only like a certain Top Gear presenter!

Came Home On 02/03/13 Pure Tech In Barolo Black/Cirrus Trim with Bespoke Firenze Ascents + Numerous Factory Options!!
Also :-

Rover 25GSi - 2005 Everyday Car.
MG ZR-Express Van - 2005 Special Factory Order (Literally a one off).
MG Montego 2.0i - 1990 Shows/Sunny Days.
MG Metro 1300 - 1983 Being Restored!
24-03-2012 12:02am
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
broady43

Who? Do you mean,"The Legend" Jeremy Clarkson!

5 door Pure sd4 Tech Fuji with black roof, tinted windows, ebony seats, style 4 alloys, xenons, fogs,black grille.
Arrived 29/03/2012.
24-03-2012 12:13am
PAT

Welcome to our forum John.

As a What Car subscriber I'm looking forward to reading your monthly reports.

I've only had my Evoque for a week and am absolutely loving it.
Also got nothing but praise for my local dealer who has been very professional.

Something I have noticed with previous reviews that your magazine has printed is the consistency that the model pictured in the article tends not to match what is being written about.

That's not filled me with confidence that the report is accurate but anyway, now that you have one on your long term test fleet I'm sure it'll give everyone a good insight into the ownership experiance, both good and bad.

Current: Si4 - HSE Dynamic Lux - Corris Grey with Black Pano - Adaptive Dynamics - ATPC - Adaptive LED Headlights - Privacy Glass - Style 508's - Heated Steering Wheel - Spare Wheel - Ebony Headlining
Previous: Si4 - Dynamic 5 Door - Lux - Orkney Grey with Black Pano
24-03-2012 03:06pm
johnwhatcar

(24-03-2012 03:06pm)PAT Wrote:  Welcome to our forum John.

As a What Car subscriber I'm looking forward to reading your monthly reports.

I've only had my Evoque for a week and am absolutely loving it.
Also got nothing but praise for my local dealer who has been very professional.

Something I have noticed with previous reviews that your magazine has printed is the consistency that the model pictured in the article tends not to match what is being written about.

That's not filled me with confidence that the report is accurate but anyway, now that you have one on your long term test fleet I'm sure it'll give everyone a good insight into the ownership experiance, both good and bad.

Hi Pat,

Thanks for your comments. I presume you mean in group tests, yes? Occasionally it's just not possible to test AND photograph the correct vehicle - but we do always state the full, precise spec of the vehicles tested AND pictured in our data boxes.

Kind regards,

John

Also on Twitter
24-03-2012 04:53pm
XFullFatTim
Bat wielding forum enforcer

One thing that would be very useful in all What Car? group tests would be to compare like with like for the costs of the cars when they are all brought to the same equipment level. For example, your previous tests have claimed that the Evoque is very expensive compared to it's rivals from BMW and Audi, yet when you add the extras onto the BMW or Audi to equal what is standard in the Evoque they are more often than not somewhat more expensive than the RR.

A Pangea Green New Defender 110 First Edition is now sitting on my drive alongside British Racing Green Electric Mini Cooper SE Level 3. After 21 years in my hands my TDI300 90 was handed on to the next custodian on 15 July 2022.
24-03-2012 05:50pm
SINGHY

John,

It's good to see that you've joined the forum, you'll get a "real world" insight in to owners' views who've spent their hard earned dosh to buy and run the car. Whilst there's quite a lot of loyal RR fans on here who might occassionaly be wearing their rose tinted glasses there's also a number of owners like myself that are new to the Tata oops RR brand and will no doubt appraise the car owning experience more objectively.

Pure SD4 5 door in Orkney Grey with Tech Pack, Xenons, Pan Roof, Auto dim mirror, Gloss black Dynamic grill upgrade, Roof, sde vents and waist rail wrapped in gloss black, Front Fogs, Style 4 Alloys and Spare Wheel - Collected on 6 April.
25-03-2012 02:46pm