Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Evoque long wheelbase
speary

RE: Evoque long wheelbase

(11-12-2012 12:17am)Blackseries Wrote:  That’s a bit harsh.

When I first got the Evoque it was going to be the "dog car" .... so I only needed the dog to fit in the boot which she does fine.

However I love the car so much I use it a lot more than I originally thought so the ability to carry 4 adults in comfort would be good for me. If the Evoque had 3 inches more rear legroom I would order another one in an instant. Looking at these spy photos it looks as if all the additional space is in the boot ... which is no benefit to me at all. Let’s hope LR sees fit to put a sliding rear seat in the LWB version so we can decide whether we want more legroom or a bigger boot.

How tall are your passengers ?
I have had 2 6 foot chaps in the back and their knees were still a couple of inches off the seat backs

Pure Coupe SD4 Manual; Fuji White; 19" style 5 wheels; Addaptive Xenons; Auto Lights, Wipers and Rear Mirror; Folding mirrors with cool puddle lights. Magnoflow Exhaust finishers
11-12-2012 09:37am
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
benzina

One interesting observation that i do approve of in the pictures, is what looks be a trimmed down exterior mirror design. Top and bottom appear tapered.

2012 Dynamic SD4 Auto 5-Door / Indus / Black Roof / Vortex / AD / Style 7 Alloys / Panoramic Roof / Rear Vents / BSM / TPMS / Sat Nav
(This post was last modified: 11-12-2012 10:01am by benzina.)
11-12-2012 10:00am
PhilSkill

+1, Leg room fine, boot space a touch small, folding seats that don't go even slightly flat are not a great deal of help. But then I have a Rust Ridden Mazda 6 for when I need acres of boot space!

MY12 Fuji Dynamic SD4 Manual, Pano Roof, Electric Tailgate with own Close module
[Image: 124529.png][Image: 1004887.png]
11-12-2012 10:02am
WB
WB

Good move in my book. Boot space to me has been the achilles heal of the Evoque. Anyone moving from a smallish estate like a BMW 3 or Audi A4 etc will be missing the boot and in particular because it will only just fit a biggish baby buggy - surely a big part of LR's target market.

The other thing I hope they fix is to put a proper retractable parcel cover instead of the pointless (IMHO) rear shelf which combined with the small rear window means its impractical for putting things on anyway!
11-12-2012 10:34am
J77

I will reserve further judgment until the camouflage comes off, but at the moment that rear end looks terrible.

The extra length needs to be in the centre of the car for it to be any use to rear passengers and would look a lot better.

18MY Range Rover Velar R-Dynamic SE D240
11-12-2012 11:16am
Blackseries

(11-12-2012 05:02am)benzina Wrote:  My view....the original Evoque proportions cannot be messed with ,otherwise the aesthetic design is compromised to the point which favours function over form,where as the original will always be a triumph of form over function.
Look at that horrible longer rear overhang for more luggage space.
I just think sometimes great aesthetic proportional car design like the Evoque, can't suit everyone's practical needs,and thats exactly why it came to look so GREAT!

I do agree with you ... my main motivation for getting the Evoque in the first place was to have my own "concept car" .... but let’s wait and see what the finished product looks like.

However despite the LWB tag I seem to remember reading somewhere that the wheelbase of the Evoque (& FL2) are as long as the Halewood factory can cope with .... so rather than extending the wheelbase a bit and adding a little extra behind the wheel arch they seem to have added all the extra body length behind the rear wheel arch. Probably not a great move.

(11-12-2012 09:37am)speary Wrote:  How tall are your passengers ?
I have had 2 6 foot chaps in the back and their knees were still a couple of inches off the seat backs

It’s not so much the passengers it’s that I have long legs .... so when carrying passengers I always have to move my seat forward.

So let’s hope the Chinese market prevails and we get a few more inches in the back. I’m sure most Europeans (given the choice) would pay £300 extra for 3 inches more rear legroom in a BMW 3 series. Why the Chinese get the choice and we don't is beyond me.

SD4 Prestige Sport Auto 5 Door, Sumatra Black with Ambience interior, Magneride AD, 20" Style 6 Wheels, Panoramic Roof, Surround Cameras, Electric Tailgate, ADRVM.......& Heated Steering Wheel......Gorgeous
11-12-2012 11:40am
EpicEvo

Evoque long wheelbase

One responce only.... UGLY
11-12-2012 05:06pm
PhilSkill

(11-12-2012 11:40am)Blackseries Wrote:  However despite the LWB tag I seem to remember reading somewhere that the wheelbase of the Evoque (& FL2) are as long as the Halewood factory can cope with .... so rather than extending the wheelbase a bit and adding a little extra behind the wheel arch they seem to have added all the extra body length behind the rear wheel arch. Probably not a great move.

No Way!, that would destroy the departure angle at the rear!?

MY12 Fuji Dynamic SD4 Manual, Pano Roof, Electric Tailgate with own Close module
[Image: 124529.png][Image: 1004887.png]
11-12-2012 05:21pm
WB
WB

Rear door and wheelbase seem longer to me - anybody with photoshop handy want to do an overlap?
11-12-2012 05:25pm
ChuckieB

Well they do say it is an extended wheel base. Certainly looks it to me. perhaps uses the coupe doors as the rears look about the same to me.

---------------------------------
Firenze SD4 Prestige Man Eb/Iv AD Keyless Powered Tailgate Roof Rails
Delivered 17/2/2012!

Other '05 Cliosport 182 FF
11-12-2012 05:42pm