Thread Rating:
  • 1 Votes - 3 Average
Evoque is not for the shy retiring sorts
XFullFatTim
Bat wielding forum enforcer

Evoque is not for the shy retiring sorts

At 6:45 thus morning I went down to the car which is parked in a secure garage under the hotel here. Even at the crack of dawn there were people looking inside and taking photos........... Including a group of punks and goths and two Italian tradesmen who have been staying in the hotel this week. A two minute boot packing job took 15 minutes! I think I'll have to run off a load of data sheets to hand out to the crowds this car attracts.

A Pangea Green New Defender 110 First Edition is now sitting on my drive alongside British Racing Green Electric Mini Cooper SE Level 3. After 21 years in my hands my TDI300 90 was handed on to the next custodian on 15 July 2022.
10-09-2011 07:29am
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
evoqueboy

RE: Evoque is not for the shy retiring sorts

Haha I luv it! Especially as I'm a attention seeking fecker!
10-09-2011 07:36am
XFullFatTim
Bat wielding forum enforcer

What really amazes me is how many people that probably wouldn't give a car a second glance seem to know what it is and are delighted to see one. Don't know why because apart from Top Gear I don't think I've seen a single advert in the press or on TV yer even Mr Joe Average knows what it is, very unusual for cars from "everyday" car makers, you would expect the attention if you were driving a Spyker or a Bugatti Veyron or a "supercar" exotic, but not a Range Rover

A Pangea Green New Defender 110 First Edition is now sitting on my drive alongside British Racing Green Electric Mini Cooper SE Level 3. After 21 years in my hands my TDI300 90 was handed on to the next custodian on 15 July 2022.
10-09-2011 07:48am
xxxx5

(10-09-2011 07:48am)XFullFatTim Wrote:  What really amazes me is how many people that probably wouldn't give a car a second glance seem to know what it is and are delighted to see one. Don't know why because apart from Top Gear I don't think I've seen a single advert in the press or on TV yer even Mr Joe Average knows what it is, very unusual for cars from "everyday" car makers, you would expect the attention if you were driving a Spyker or a Bugatti Veyron or a "supercar" exotic, but not a Range Rover

Is today the big test drive home Tim?

Now Sold: 5dr Pure SD4 Man / Fuji White / Pano Roof / Tech Park / Style 6 Alloys / Privacy Glass / Xenons / Black H'lining / Power Fold Door Mirrors / Power Tailgate / Carpet Mats / Front Fogs.
10-09-2011 07:53am
Token

Love it!

Don't care what anyone says...everyone enjoys a bit of attention!
Love it!

Don't care what anyone says...everyone enjoys a bit of attention!

Evoque Coupe 2.2 SD4 Dynamic LUX 190HP (in some kind of grey!)

[Image: event.png]
(This post was last modified: 10-09-2011 07:59am by Token.)
10-09-2011 07:59am
MW73

LR are running a tv commercial now. I saw it the other evening and it features a White dynamic coupe with shots of it driving down the strip in Vegas! Very cool ad indeed and its strap line was something like 'you don't have to shout to get heard'
(This post was last modified: 10-09-2011 05:01pm by MW73.)
10-09-2011 09:29am
physik

New advert is here :

10-09-2011 02:34pm
Evoqess

Ha, this brings back memories of when I bought my smart car, then my Piaggio MP3 in 2007 (much rarer in Canada than Europe).
It's nice to know that people are feeling comfortable enough to approach the Evoque - to me it says " accessible to the masses " not "untouchable, impractical super car".
Can't wait to throw the dogs in the back and find a backroad somewhere Wink

Evoque fan who used to drive Shocked a Pure, Fuji, 19" style 4 alloys, heated everything, rear cam, power tailgate, pan roof, privacy glass etc
10-09-2011 06:35pm