Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Evoque in Sumatra Black with Ambiance Interior finally here
Martynk

Evoque in Sumatra Black with Ambiance Interior finally here

Hi All

Finally after ordering in June, being told November 13th, then December 12th, and actually picking it up on the 7th December, I have my new RR Evoque.

Typically it has rained a lot since getting it, so a little muddy but very happy with it, its pretty much everything that I thought it would be, plus a bit more. Mind you with only 60 miles so far on the clock, its hardly been on any journeys yet, but starting Monday we should get a couple of decent trips in over Christmas.

General view is that everything works great, the Iphone connectivity is great, and the blue tooth picks up my music as well from the phone. I have an Ipod touch connected via the Ipod connection, plus I have painstakingly plugged in around 4 CD's so far (That is a slow job). The Dab radio is great, and the TV system works a treat. Trained the voice control and that works great (if a little slow). The Cameras work great, I pull out of a narrow turning onto a road, and the front cameras pick up any Cars and pedestrians before I stick out too far.

I did try the Park Assist, but well it's pretty fast and I thought I was going to hit the car behind, so chickened out and put the brake on (also partly because it was a crowded street and people were looking) so will find somewhere quieter to try it Embarrassed

Keyless entry is better than I thought, I use it all the time now, but when its pouring with rain, the 'finger touch' on the door handle to lock doesn't always seem to work. I like the option to switch on the lights remotely, and the puddle lights are good. I thought I had light up 'Range Rover' steps as you opened the door, but not on my model.

Glass roof is great, lots of light, but shame you dont get any of it over the drivers head, but given the shape I can see why.

No Curry Hooks in the boot, whereas the RR Vogue has them - miss those, seats are very comfortable, although I have to say that although I do wear pretty reasonable Jeans, I found myself cleaning the Leather seat today on the corner, to wipe off some 'blue', but it came off fine.

Wheels look really nice, but not looking forward to cleaning them, I think with all the spokes its going to be a labour of love.

Got the Paint finish wax option, seems good, gave it a quick wash today and came up spankingly shiny.

Not much else really, just one happy customer! - Pictures below, the spec is:

Diesel Auto Prestige, Sumatra Black, Temporary spare wheel, 19" Style 5 Wheels, Auto High Beam assist, Heated Steering Wheel, Lux Pack and Tech Pack.

[Image: rreinterior2.jpg]

[Image: rreinterior.jpg]

[Image: rre5.jpg]

[Image: rre4.jpg]

[Image: rre1.jpg]
10-12-2011 08:53pm
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
cjfp

RE: Evoque in Sumatra Black with Ambiance Interior finally here

Very nice.

Park Assist - don't u control the speed so it's only as fast as u want it to be??
This thread seems to indicate that there are curry hooks. .

http://babyrr.com/forum/Thread-The-thing...off-before

Pure 3dr SD4 Tech Man ; Firenze Red ; 19" Style 3 ; Pano ; Ebony / Ivory Int ; Auto dim rear view ; 2 seats ; Park Aid - Rear cam ; Ext. folding mirrors ; Adap Xenon ; Fogs ; Mud Flaps ; Side Steps - Rec'd 28/12/11 - Sadly going 6/6/14 - Gone, now running BMW X6
(This post was last modified: 10-12-2011 09:03pm by cjfp.)
10-12-2011 08:58pm
Evo-king

martynk.

How does this remote lights work, is it standard or part of an option pack?

Also do you know if it has a welcome home light function, where the lights stay on after you leave the car for about 30 seconds?

Evoque No3: MY15 Dynamic Lux SD4, Auto, Santorini Black, Pimento Dynamic Plus Sports Seats, Ebony headlining, Pan Roof, Shadow Chrome Alloys.
10-12-2011 10:48pm
cjfp

There is welcome home lights and dealer should give u a choice of how long u want them to stay on.

Pure 3dr SD4 Tech Man ; Firenze Red ; 19" Style 3 ; Pano ; Ebony / Ivory Int ; Auto dim rear view ; 2 seats ; Park Aid - Rear cam ; Ext. folding mirrors ; Adap Xenon ; Fogs ; Mud Flaps ; Side Steps - Rec'd 28/12/11 - Sadly going 6/6/14 - Gone, now running BMW X6
10-12-2011 10:52pm
Evoqess

Wonderful and congratulations! Great to see such a bright cabin - such an awesome space to spend time in hey?
Those alloys are my personal favorite of the LR wheels despite the detailing concerns as you mentioned.

Evoque fan who used to drive Shocked a Pure, Fuji, 19" style 4 alloys, heated everything, rear cam, power tailgate, pan roof, privacy glass etc
11-12-2011 01:35am
boxersergio

congrats!!! enjoy!!! Sergio
11-12-2011 04:06am
olde

Congrats! You have the same car as mine I think. Except, we aren't allowed to have auto park and dual view video in Canada. Also, they refer to Ambiance as Ivory/Espresso over here. Otherwise, it looks exactly the same. Although, yours is definitely cleaner! Laughing

Whistle Our Petition to Improve the Evoque sent to Range Rover CEO, get your copy ---> HERE <---
11-12-2011 05:02am
Martynk

Thanks All - Very happy with it, but as above,can you control the speed of the Park Assist? I probably sound a bit of a wuss, but it felt too fast, so as I say I will choose somewhere a little quieter and try it out.

The front lights come on with one click of the remote, the reversing lights with a second click (which is a nice feature) and the lights stay on for 20 seconds or so after you leave the car, assuming the auto feature is on.

So where are the Curry Hooks then? Unless I am missing the obvious....

Thanks Olde - I think it is a nice colour combination as well, still not sure if I should have gone for a black interior given the ease of marking, but I guess as long as I keep on top of it - how are you finding yours?

Martyn
11-12-2011 07:37am
cjfp

According to that thread. .

c) In addition to the luggage retaining eyes screwed into the boot floor there are two quite substantial plastic hooks for hanging shopping bags on (or in Disco2 speak "curry hooks") moulded into the side trim that the parcel shelf rests on when lowered. These are part of the moulding and heavy duty - much better than the usual small hooks LR fits to FFRR's that are meant for hooking the luggage retaining nets on.

11-12-2011 09:29am
berlin2011

Are you referring to the bits circled in red in the photo below

Current: SD4 Dynamic Auto, 5 Door, Orkney Grey with Black Contrast Pano roof and 20" Shadow Chrome wheels. Pursuit interior. [countdown="Hand over"]15th June 2013 2:00pm[/countdown]

Gone: Si4 Prestige Auto Coupe, Orkney Grey with Panoramic Roof, Element interior, Shadow Chrome 20" wheels with most of the bits & pieces loaded. [countdown="Hand over"]29th November 2011 2:00pm[/countdown]
11-12-2011 10:05am