Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Evoque - aging badly....
RacingSnake

Evoque - aging badly....

Just seen this thread on pistonheads...
http://www.pistonheads.com/gassing/topic...F%3F%3F%3F
Quote:When they first came out I loved them. Problem is too many if them are on the road which to me has diluted the look. Over the last month I have started to think they have really aged badly; the front still looks good but the side and rear profiles look really odd and oout of date - way too cluttered for a start.

I know it has always been a marmite car but does anyone's think they look a bit old fashioned?
I've refrained from posting, because as an owner I'd probably be over-defensive.
But even so, I thought what a thoroughly odd post!

I think the evoque is still one of the most cutting edge designs out there that is in fact aging excellently!

Ordered: Fuji Dynamic Lux Coupe / style 7 wheels / Privacy glass / adaptive xenons / something else which I've forgotton.
Should be end of April (was March, then April, then end of May/June).
Collected, Friday 13th Shocked April 2012
21-11-2013 07:49pm
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
XFullFatTim
Bat wielding forum enforcer

RE: Evoque - aging badly....

The poster is right in one respect - there are way too many of them out there now! I counted more than 12 on a trip into and back from town today, a 36 mile round trip that had me coming home at school run time. Most appeared to be Dynamics too

A Pangea Green New Defender 110 First Edition is now sitting on my drive alongside British Racing Green Electric Mini Cooper SE Level 3. After 21 years in my hands my TDI300 90 was handed on to the next custodian on 15 July 2022.
21-11-2013 08:11pm
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
jbob

Evoque - aging badly....

And you care about their opinion because......?

There will always be haters. If you like it, keep it and enjoy, if you think the same as them, sell it.

Simples!
21-11-2013 08:14pm
RacingSnake

everyone is entitled to their opinion, but saying that the evoque looks old I would have thought was not something anyone (anywhere) would be saying!

I do agree though, there are a lot out there - that doesn't mean it's aging badly though!

If I were to hazard a guess, I'd say that the op drives something German - as there is a bit of natural split there... probably thinks the X5 is cutting edge Laughing

Ordered: Fuji Dynamic Lux Coupe / style 7 wheels / Privacy glass / adaptive xenons / something else which I've forgotton.
Should be end of April (was March, then April, then end of May/June).
Collected, Friday 13th Shocked April 2012
21-11-2013 08:34pm
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
sco77harris

I disagree, I actually think it will be looked back on as a classic design.
21-11-2013 11:34pm
phpandsql

RS really like ur avatar so cool did you make it can i have a higher res one for desktop perhaps please?
21-11-2013 11:45pm
broady43

As I have always said from the beginning.The Evoque will become an iconic car one day,as to ageing badly.That's probably a jealous person.

5 door Pure sd4 Tech Fuji with black roof, tinted windows, ebony seats, style 4 alloys, xenons, fogs,black grille.
Arrived 29/03/2012.
22-11-2013 12:14am
PhilSkill

Theres a lot about, as there is with all successful cars, we were spoilt a bit having something so unique in the early days, i see at least 3 in every 10 miles now, but I enjoy seeing them still, It helps there are 2 designs in the Dynamic and Pure/Prestige look, and most I see dont have the signature lights so are Pure's. I still see more freelanders and RRS/RR's but they've been out longer. I do wish they did a few more colours though, White/Grey/Black is all I really see except a local Firenze every morning.

If any bit was going to date I'd say it would be the rear end view, but the rear lights are a great feature that should help that from happening.

MY12 Fuji Dynamic SD4 Manual, Pano Roof, Electric Tailgate with own Close module
[Image: 124529.png][Image: 1004887.png]
22-11-2013 12:35am
sco77harris

North West London is Evoque central, when drive one mile to the gym, I see about 3 and then several more in the car park.
22-11-2013 01:26am
scrannel

Well, interesting. When I was first looking to buy I saw quite a few. Then, suddenly, they all seemed to vanish. Now, if I see one every three - four days that's a lot. See the most when in Beverly Hills. Most of them are black and not Dynamics. What I see the most of are Sports... like roaches!

2013 Dynamic USA specs with MagneRide + Strata wood int. with Lunar perf. Ork Grey.
BMW K1200R. Black.
22-11-2013 04:44am