Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Evoque Vibration
bell-auto-services

RE: Evoque Vibration

Theycan fix it easyly i think from the tests ive made today when tuning. Increasing the idle speed when a gear is selected by 25-30rpm makes a massive difference and really smooths it out.

Pete

TV/DVD-On-The-Move modules available from £145+ £10 UK mainland shipping Excluding higlands and Islands.
09-02-2012 10:30pm
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Claud

(09-02-2012 10:30pm)bell-auto-services Wrote:  Theycan fix it easyly i think from the tests ive made today when tuning. Increasing the idle speed when a gear is selected by 25-30rpm makes a massive difference and really smooths it out.

Pete

Pete

I agree,my dealer raised the idle speed to just over 800 rpm which was not enough, I am going to ask them to take it up to 850 rpm, the same as on our Freelander SD4 which is quite smooth at idle in drive.

[Image: 118733.png]
2013 Discovery HSE Luxury Corris Grey
Sold - 2011 Evoque SD4 Prestige, Auto, Magnaride, Orkney Grey, Lux Pack, TPMS, Heated Steering Wheel
2010 Freelander SD4
1997 Defender 90 XD Wolf (ex Ghurkas)
1991 Defender County 110 V8
1959 Series II
1953 Series I
1952 Minerva Ambulance
09-02-2012 10:46pm
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
chiggy

I have this in my car but its very very very light.

To be honest I don't really care at all. It doesn't change the car for me and for me isn't that bad for it to be classed as unacceptable.

again though - it is very very very soft vibration and doesn't phase me in the slightest - maybe I only noticed it cause I read this thread actually.

Evoque Round 2: Fuji Si4 Dynamic - 5dr. Pursuit interior. Dynamic Tech Pack. Adaptive Xenons. 19in Standard Alloy wheels. Twisted Evil
Contrast black roof (to be painted soon). (Previously a Firenze Pure owner - still my favourite colour Wink)
10-02-2012 01:43am
Barneyridge

(10-02-2012 01:43am)chiggy Wrote:  I have this in my car but its very very very light.

To be honest I don't really care at all. It doesn't change the car for me and for me isn't that bad for it to be classed as unacceptable.

again though - it is very very very soft vibration and doesn't phase me in the slightest - maybe I only noticed it cause I read this thread actually.

Chiggy, I was sitting in traffic this morning think the same, ie slight vibration, but only because of this thread. Cool

Pure TD4, Fiji, Auto, Pan Roof + Extras - Delivered Very Happy
10-02-2012 02:55am
chiggy

Or maybe its the quality of diesel we get here in Australia that has something to do with it. The sensitive British Stomach of the Evoque can't handle the rugged Australian Diesel.

Although they probably both come from the same American place... Iraq/Afghanistan.

Evoque Round 2: Fuji Si4 Dynamic - 5dr. Pursuit interior. Dynamic Tech Pack. Adaptive Xenons. 19in Standard Alloy wheels. Twisted Evil
Contrast black roof (to be painted soon). (Previously a Firenze Pure owner - still my favourite colour Wink)
10-02-2012 02:58am
Barneyridge

(10-02-2012 02:58am)chiggy Wrote:  Or maybe its the quality of diesel we get here in Australia that has something to do with it. The sensitive British Stomach of the Evoque can't handle the rugged Australian Diesel.

Although they probably both come from the same American place... Iraq/Afghanistan.

Laughing

Pure TD4, Fiji, Auto, Pan Roof + Extras - Delivered Very Happy
10-02-2012 03:08am
bell-auto-services

(09-02-2012 10:30pm)bell-auto-services Wrote:  Theycan fix it easyly i think from the tests ive made today when tuning. Increasing the idle speed when a gear is selected by 25-30rpm makes a massive difference and really smooths it out.

Pete

I was logged onto my car today with the dealer tools i have and talken a couple of pictures for people still having this idle problem. You may be able to print them out and show them to your dealer so they know where to look in there tools to increase idle speed and cure your rough idle problem.

Hope they help someone.

Pete

Attached File(s) Thumbnail(s)

TV/DVD-On-The-Move modules available from £145+ £10 UK mainland shipping Excluding higlands and Islands.
(This post was last modified: 22-03-2012 10:15pm by bell-auto-services.)
22-03-2012 12:32pm
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
MarcoRRE

fantastic, Smile
but what parameters resolve the problem?
the 1 or 2 image?
tnx
22-03-2012 09:32pm
bell-auto-services

Image two is with the added 25rpm which makes a good difference, some may need 50rpm it's hard to say what all will need.

Pete

22-03-2012 10:13pm
lngrn36

(10-02-2012 02:58am)chiggy Wrote:  Although they probably both come from the same American place... Iraq/Afghanistan.

Now THAT'S funny!
Rolling with Laughter

Tim
Evoque Coupe Pure+
SI4 - Auto
Sumatra Black - Ebony/Ebony
Climate package
Satellite Radio
22-03-2012 11:47pm