Thread Rating:
  • 1 Votes - 5 Average
Evoque Replacement
Chrisr1806

RE: Evoque Replacement

Thanks Mark. Need to visit my dealer.

Arrived: MY14.5 RRS HSE SDV6 in Loire Blue, Ivory interior, piano black trim, privacy glass,
panoramic sunroof, tow bar, mudflaps and full size spare Cool

Gone but not forgotten: 2011 Freelander 2 SD4 HSE in Santorini Black, 19" Alloys, ebony interior,
piano black trim & grab handles, privacy glass, lux pack, rear spoiler, mudflaps and tow bar Very Happy
09-01-2015 10:16am
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
J77

(09-01-2015 06:29am)mark_n Wrote:  End of 2015 I think.

Tim, is this new one going to be your only car? I'm hugely respectful of the car's heritage and abilities but I think it would be unbearably crude as an only-car. Perhaps I'm getting soft in my old-age...

This is the problem I have, the heritage looks great but has no radio or air con and there is no factory option for it either, doubt I'll go ahead with it. The adventure one looks a bit too bling for my liking.

18MY Range Rover Velar R-Dynamic SE D240
09-01-2015 11:49am
XFullFatTim
Bat wielding forum enforcer

Mark, having had to live with my 90 for 6 months between the Coupe going and the Zanzibar Evoque arriving I know I couldn't live with one of them as my only car, the Puma engined 90 has a reputation for being a bit bouncy on road, the added length and weight of the 110 means it is a much more pleasant drive. The difference in comfort between my 1996 90 and even a recent 90 is chalk and cheese different, the Puma is not in the same league as a Freelander2 or Evoque but bouncy ride apart, it's a much nicer drive than my current Defender. I'll give it a go for a couple of years and see how I get on - I shouldn't loose too much money on it if I want to sell it on. I'm really not sure what I would buy to replace it though.
Production ceases in December this year, no current new Defenders can be registered after April 1 2016 I believ due to the new emissions and safety rules, the Defender replacement won't come until 2017/2018 I read over on Defender2.net

A Pangea Green New Defender 110 First Edition is now sitting on my drive alongside British Racing Green Electric Mini Cooper SE Level 3. After 21 years in my hands my TDI300 90 was handed on to the next custodian on 15 July 2022.
(This post was last modified: 09-01-2015 01:19pm by XFullFatTim.)
09-01-2015 01:15pm
J77

Ok rather than a heritage special edition I thought about a 90 XS SW in Loire Blue with lunar premium leather seats and silver pack only to find I can't have one in Loire Blue Thud

I think it's Land Rovers way of saying I've to stick with the Disco sport Laughing

18MY Range Rover Velar R-Dynamic SE D240
09-01-2015 10:26pm
XFullFatTim
Bat wielding forum enforcer

Everyone who wants a blue Defender is really p*ssed off with LR for having dropped even the solid blue from the colour charts. Does seem an odd decision as the blues were quite popular.

A Pangea Green New Defender 110 First Edition is now sitting on my drive alongside British Racing Green Electric Mini Cooper SE Level 3. After 21 years in my hands my TDI300 90 was handed on to the next custodian on 15 July 2022.
(This post was last modified: 10-01-2015 10:58am by XFullFatTim.)
10-01-2015 10:58am
Chrisr1806

My RRS is Loire so not a problem for me. Laughing

I'm thinking Silver as never had a silver car before, I love red but don't want it to look like a fire car...

Arrived: MY14.5 RRS HSE SDV6 in Loire Blue, Ivory interior, piano black trim, privacy glass,
panoramic sunroof, tow bar, mudflaps and full size spare Cool

Gone but not forgotten: 2011 Freelander 2 SD4 HSE in Santorini Black, 19" Alloys, ebony interior,
piano black trim & grab handles, privacy glass, lux pack, rear spoiler, mudflaps and tow bar Very Happy
10-01-2015 04:29pm