Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Evoque /RRS size comparison
XFullFatTim
Bat wielding forum enforcer

Evoque /RRS size comparison

Somebody asked in one of my posts for a photo of the size comparison of the RRS/Evoque and I tried to get a photo but it wasn't too successful. I was looking in my photo bucket albums for something else this morning and found this scanned page from Autocar magazine last year which gives the view I was trying to recreate
[Image: evoquerrs.jpg]

A Pangea Green New Defender 110 First Edition is now sitting on my drive alongside British Racing Green Electric Mini Cooper SE Level 3. After 21 years in my hands my TDI300 90 was handed on to the next custodian on 15 July 2022.
12-09-2011 08:14am
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
defender_uk

RE: Evoque /RRS size comparison

neat good comparison.

Thanks Tim

Defender_uk

Evoque Prestige Lux, OG, maual, style 4 wheels

comes to live with Defender 90 TDCi 07
12-09-2011 08:23am
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Token

I was surprised by how high the seating was on the Evoque...after everything I'd read I was expecting a lower seating position. I like the more commanding position so it was a pleasant surprise, but as it's been a year since I had my FFRR I'm not sure how the Evoque seating position compares to the FFRR and the RRS. What's your view Tim?

The picture shows the RRS to be quite a lot taller, but is that seat height or headroom?

Evoque Coupe 2.2 SD4 Dynamic LUX 190HP (in some kind of grey!)

[Image: event.png]
12-09-2011 11:27am
Zermatt Vulgaris

Ok only based on showroom but having got out of a RRS yesterday and sitting straight in an evoque i would say the most un RR/LR aspect of the evoque is the seating position which is more akin with the Q5/X3 than RRS/D4/FFRR.

Not a bad thing but not to me a command driving position.

Visiting from rrsport.co.uk
2011MY Zermatt Silver Range Rover Sport HSE 3.0 TDV6
12-09-2011 11:31am
XFullFatTim

Definitely not LR's usual "commanding " position at the wheel but it isn't exactly normal car either. I'm 5foot 7" tall and like the seat to be quite high, in Evoque I have it right on the max height to see over the bonnet - I'm not joking but for me I could do with another 3-5 cms of height adjustment. The view out I have is similar to the one I had when I test drive an Aston Martin V8 Vantage and an MX5 a couple of years ago - I cannot see the front edge of the bonnet at all, having said that I haven't a problem parking Evoque either, because the bonnet edge is not far away from the highest bit of the bonnet anyway and I have PDC and surround cam to help

A Pangea Green New Defender 110 First Edition is now sitting on my drive alongside British Racing Green Electric Mini Cooper SE Level 3. After 21 years in my hands my TDI300 90 was handed on to the next custodian on 15 July 2022.
(This post was last modified: 12-09-2011 12:16pm by XFullFatTim.)
12-09-2011 12:15pm
LP

In the comparison pic above the smaller vehicle is an LRX. Did the evoque end up being the same size in side profile?
12-09-2011 12:20pm
XFullFatTim

IIRC Only the bonnet line and the wing mirrors changed between LRX and the final Evoque design, the bonnet had to changed for pedestrian safety requirements otherwise it would have stayed as per LRX, so that diagram is pretty much as it ended up too.

(This post was last modified: 12-09-2011 05:13pm by XFullFatTim.)
12-09-2011 05:12pm