Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Most stupid and selfish thing I have ever seen!
XFullFatTim
Bat wielding forum enforcer

RE: Most stupid and selfish thing I have ever seen!

Unfortunately some folks are so busy talking on the phone or listening to loud music or just not concentrating on the job in hand the don't realise that they have touched somebody else's car while maneuouvring - I'm not condoning what they do as I also try to park across 2 bays and have been known to use 4 bays in a block so nobody can touch either the front or the rear of the car as well as the sides. I was accosted in Sainsbury's car park a few years back and advised to re-park by a trolley attendant. I took him over to a Ford Focus parked over 4 slots and asked why the attendant wasn't getting that one moved................ "Sir that car belongs to the store manager" was the reply "OK so if it's ok for him to park like that all day then it's OK for me to park like that for an hour" I've never been hassled about parking there since - i also pointed out that I didn't have to shop in Sainsbury's and have the choice of Morrision's, Tesco, Aldi and Waitrose in Stirling too. I might have to transfer my shopping trips to Waitrose though, their carpark is never more than about 1/3rd full so plenty of room to use two or four slots! I won't go near the Aldi or Morrison's as their carparks are always chocka although the local Aldi does seem to have wider than normal slots.
BTW, judging by both front corners of my father's Honda Jazz he doesn't see when he is scuffing another car, despite having parking sensors.............. 25 years ago he would have gone ape if somebody had scratched any of his cars in a car park now he's as bad as them and still driving at 87 years old when maybe he shouldn't be.

A Pangea Green New Defender 110 First Edition is now sitting on my drive alongside British Racing Green Electric Mini Cooper SE Level 3. After 21 years in my hands my TDI300 90 was handed on to the next custodian on 15 July 2022.
(This post was last modified: 09-04-2015 11:56am by XFullFatTim.)
09-04-2015 11:39am
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Stadt Panzer

My old man is still driving, and he would have reacted just like Tim's father 25 years ago. Lucky for us all he retired to Spain and no one seems to care there anyway, I mean have you ever seen a local Spanish car without dents or scratches?

Somewhere in the North Sea.
10-04-2015 07:52am
Simplesimon

Ha ha!

Our other car is a Toyota IQ. It belonged to my mother who sadly passed away last year!
But you should see the state of it. Scuffs on all corners. And has never been right since she put it in drive instead of reverse on her drive.
Demolished the front end and very nearly the porch on house!!

And I have to drive it most of the time. As SWMBO is too embarrassed to be seen in it and pinches the evoque!!
11-04-2015 01:10pm
dynamicgirl

Totally agree, ..this sort of selfishness boils my blood. Honestly, I would have wanted to punch this guys lights out, if he had been spray painting his wheels right next to my car. For most people our cars are the second most expensive purchases we make after our homes and it doesn't matter whether we have a car worth a couple of grand or one worth a lot more, ..no one wants some thoughtless moron damaging our property in this way. Yes, it would have been good to video him and show it to the supermarket staff, but as said, hindsight is a wonderful thing and I would have been far too incensed at the potential damage to my paintwork that it would have escaped me to think of taking footage of Spray Man in action. What a Censored

Paula.

MY15 Dynamic SD4 Auto 5 Door in Zanzibar Bronze with Black Pack, Style 9's, Ebony Leather, Privacy Glass, Panoramic Roof, Power Tailgate, Keyless, Heated Steering Wheel, VB Edition Centre Caps, Black Alloy Nuts & Lockers, Philips XV 5K Xenons, Witter Detachable Tow Bar & Full Interior LED's. Barmeca Black Side Steps, Bonnet Vents and Mudflaps to be fitted. Very Happy
Gone MY12 Dynamic SI4 Coupe, Fuji White, Contrast Black Roof, All Black Pack Parts Fitted.
11-04-2015 02:31pm
Simplesimon

(11-04-2015 02:31pm)dynamicgirl Wrote:  Totally agree, ..this sort of selfishness boils my blood. Honestly, I would have wanted to punch this guys lights out, if he had been spray painting his wheels right next to my car. For most people our cars are the second most expensive purchases we make after our homes and it doesn't matter whether we have a car worth a couple of grand or one worth a lot more, ..no one wants some thoughtless moron damaging our property in this way. Yes, it would have been good to video him and show it to the supermarket staff, but as said, hindsight is a wonderful thing and I would have been far too incensed at the potential damage to my paintwork that it would have escaped me to think of taking footage of Spray Man in action. What a Censored

Paula.
Next time I go to the supermarket. Will you come with me Paula?Sad

Wink
11-04-2015 07:00pm
dynamicgirl

(11-04-2015 07:00pm)Simplesimon Wrote:  Next time I go to the supermarket. Will you come with me Paula?Sad

Wink

No probs! Laughing

MY15 Dynamic SD4 Auto 5 Door in Zanzibar Bronze with Black Pack, Style 9's, Ebony Leather, Privacy Glass, Panoramic Roof, Power Tailgate, Keyless, Heated Steering Wheel, VB Edition Centre Caps, Black Alloy Nuts & Lockers, Philips XV 5K Xenons, Witter Detachable Tow Bar & Full Interior LED's. Barmeca Black Side Steps, Bonnet Vents and Mudflaps to be fitted. Very Happy
Gone MY12 Dynamic SI4 Coupe, Fuji White, Contrast Black Roof, All Black Pack Parts Fitted.
15-04-2015 07:12pm