Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Trying to test drive ANGRY!!!
XFullFatTim
Bat wielding forum enforcer

RE: Trying to test drive ANGRY!!!

Your chum from Jaguar would of course recommend you to buy a Jaguar instead, but judging by the deals they offer they have sales problems with some of their models. Evoque's problem is that Land Rover cannot keep up with fulfilling the number of orders they have (it's the same for Range Rover Sport and the Big Range Rover) and , yes, build quality could be better but not everyone has suffered poorly built cars, I'm on my 2nd one, my last one was delivered on launch day. The new one has a new option on it that I think has a cabling problem that is causing a rattle but the rest of the car is fine.

A Pangea Green New Defender 110 First Edition is now sitting on my drive alongside British Racing Green Electric Mini Cooper SE Level 3. After 21 years in my hands my TDI300 90 was handed on to the next custodian on 15 July 2022.
(This post was last modified: 05-09-2014 02:02am by XFullFatTim.)
05-09-2014 02:00am
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
under

Funnily enough i was thinking he was going to say that, but no, he just said don't buy one!!!
06-09-2014 08:08pm
Tony

(06-09-2014 08:08pm)under Wrote:  Funnily enough i was thinking he was going to say that, but no, he just said don't buy one!!!

Take your friends advice!

I am all for supporting British industry but when the products are defective and over priced and the customer service is rubbish then take your money elsewhere.

Evoque Dynamic SD4 Lux Auto Total Rubbish, worst car I have owned - GONE AT LAST!
07-09-2014 11:29am
m_101

I have to say, I've had decent service from LR but at the price we are paying for our cars I would expect higher quality.
It does seem that jaguars aren't selling as well for some reason. I think the competition is very stiff in their current market sectors (BMW 5-series/Merc E-class/Audi A6 for XF, then the 7-series/S-class/A8 for the XJ, Porsche 911/Cayman for the F-type) so that might account for it. However having had a ride in a friend's 2010 XJ the quality is on a par with the Germans at the moment. I just have no idea why this doesn't seem to translate towards LR products at the moment.
On a plus note, if I were to change in a couple of years, at least the Evoque's supply issues means that residuals are staying high!

5 door MY12 Fuji Dynamic Plus with shadow chromes, santorini contrast roof, power tailgate and a couple of added rattles!
Mods - Black RR bonnet vents, Side steps, Silicone rear wiper, rear sill protector, rear sill plates, LED interior lighting conversion, 2014 Sat Nav update.
(This post was last modified: 07-09-2014 02:15pm by m_101.)
07-09-2014 02:14pm
under

I personally think i have too look at the mercs again or see if i can wait for the XE as they have just told me instead of a december build it will now be march/april at the "earliest" [emoji36][emoji36][emoji36] and all this because of the dealer not sorting out the test drive for over a month until Pete got involved. So i think they may have lost me as a customer before I was one.
07-09-2014 03:29pm