Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Engine control module update out yesterday.
bell-auto-services

Engine control module update out yesterday.

HUMMM Edit, its not for our cars. the TSBfor some reason was in the wrong section.

TV/DVD-On-The-Move modules available from £145+ £10 UK mainland shipping Excluding higlands and Islands.
(This post was last modified: 04-04-2012 04:10pm by bell-auto-services.)
03-04-2012 11:16pm
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Evoqess

RE: Engine control module update out yesterday.

Wonder if that oscillation is the vibration felt at about 1500 revs - like a buzzing?

Evoque fan who used to drive Shocked a Pure, Fuji, 19" style 4 alloys, heated everything, rear cam, power tailgate, pan roof, privacy glass etc
04-04-2012 04:08am
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Spiderman

Thanks for the update Pete!

Quit work - Get some stuff - Go somewhere - Have some fun
04-04-2012 05:05am
XFullFatTim
Bat wielding forum enforcer

Thanks Peter, that is now on my "to do at service list" which actually hasn't got much on it at the moment:
Engine hesitation as described above
Poor fuel economy
rattle in the rear 3/4 area of the drivers side
wind rustle in both door seals.

A Pangea Green New Defender 110 First Edition is now sitting on my drive alongside British Racing Green Electric Mini Cooper SE Level 3. After 21 years in my hands my TDI300 90 was handed on to the next custodian on 15 July 2022.
04-04-2012 09:30am
RacingSnake

Tim, I noticed there is both a "rattle fix" service measure and a wind noise service measure too.
So thats 3 out of your 4 that should be able to be addressed Very Happy

Ordered: Fuji Dynamic Lux Coupe / style 7 wheels / Privacy glass / adaptive xenons / something else which I've forgotton.
Should be end of April (was March, then April, then end of May/June).
Collected, Friday 13th Shocked April 2012
04-04-2012 09:33am
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
XFullFatTim

I'm aware that there is a new door seal design - when I complained on here about it in my "maiden Voyage" thread I took the car back to LPR 10 days later when I was in London and they looked at it and agreed that I had a problem. A few days later they advised that there would be an updated design supplied in due course. I was told when I took the car into LPR that LR were aware of my post on here and were concerned to address the problem.

A Pangea Green New Defender 110 First Edition is now sitting on my drive alongside British Racing Green Electric Mini Cooper SE Level 3. After 21 years in my hands my TDI300 90 was handed on to the next custodian on 15 July 2022.
04-04-2012 09:38am
chiggy

(04-04-2012 09:38am)XFullFatTim Wrote:  I'm aware that there is a new door seal design - when I complained on here about it in my "maiden Voyage" thread I took the car back to LPR 10 days later when I was in London and they looked at it and agreed that I had a problem. A few days later they advised that there would be an updated design supplied in due course. I was told when I took the car into LPR that LR were aware of my post on here and were concerned to address the problem.

Apparently LR actually look through these forums.

When I complained about a few issues to LR Australia they mentioned that they had read about it on babyrr.com so not sure!

Unless of course the moderators secretly work for LR... or officially...

Does the new door seal design help in any way?

Evoque Round 2: Fuji Si4 Dynamic - 5dr. Pursuit interior. Dynamic Tech Pack. Adaptive Xenons. 19in Standard Alloy wheels. Twisted Evil
Contrast black roof (to be painted soon). (Previously a Firenze Pure owner - still my favourite colour Wink)
04-04-2012 09:55am
XFullFatTim

I don't know Chiggy, I don't have them fitted! I find the wind noise annoying but can live with it until the car goes for its first service or something really serious requires attention.

We know that LR reads the forums, mods aren't (yet) in the pay of the company for only allowing favourable posts to be posted and this is the first Owner's forum that I have participated in where LR has had an above board, subscribed member looking in as part of the Customer Services operation. Nik@Land Rover does a pretty good job of helping members out with queries and sorting out problems and we do appreciate the input from LRCS

(This post was last modified: 04-04-2012 10:13am by XFullFatTim.)
04-04-2012 10:08am
tintin_57

Are these electronics updates automatically applied when the Evoque is in for it's service? I presume only the dealership service centres can apply them can they?
04-04-2012 11:58am
XFullFatTim

Any LR service bay will do it BUT it might not be done as part of a service unless you complain that the take up after easing off the throttle is poor. Not all TSB's are automatically applied unless you ask specifically for them, saving LR ££££££££££££'s Sometime though your car has to be left overnight for big ECU changes. It isn't unheard of for dealers to also charge for carrying out some of these upgrades, which they shouldn't do as they can make a warranty claim to LR for the upgrade................

(This post was last modified: 04-04-2012 12:06pm by XFullFatTim.)
04-04-2012 12:05pm