Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Eco Stop/Start
leesug

Eco Stop/Start

Hi All,

The Eco stop start appears to have ceased functioning. I am aware of the dependencies (temperature, elecrtical load etc) but it seems to have stopped kicking in.

Anyone else any idea why this may have happened or is it a dealer query?

Lee

Pure SD4 Manual, Orkney Grey with Black interior, pure style pack, Xenons and a range of dealer fit extras that added £1k to my bill! (managed to secure a showroom car)
Ex too many, but slightly interesting Porsche 911 3.2, 996, 928 * 2, Saab, BMW, Merc a plenty....
30-11-2011 01:08pm
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Kwacka

Eco Stop/Start

Lee are you in dynamic mode? It doesn't work then either
30-11-2011 02:25pm
leesug

RE: Eco Stop/Start

(30-11-2011 02:25pm)Kwacka Wrote:  Lee are you in dynamic mode? It doesn't work then either

Thanks for the reply, the pure does not have that functionaility. I will keep looking!

Lee

Pure SD4 Manual, Orkney Grey with Black interior, pure style pack, Xenons and a range of dealer fit extras that added £1k to my bill! (managed to secure a showroom car)
Ex too many, but slightly interesting Porsche 911 3.2, 996, 928 * 2, Saab, BMW, Merc a plenty....
30-11-2011 02:54pm
CRC@LandRover

Hi Leesug,

Sorry to hear that you're having issues with your Eco Stop/Start. When did you first notice that it had stopped working?

If you decide to take this to a dealership and need any help please let me know.

Regards

Nick

Please note although Land Rover will try to assist you with your issue, we are unable to provide any technical advice. This account is available between 0900 and 17:00 hours Monday – Friday. Outside of this time if you require assistance, please drop us a Private Message and we'll get back to you.
30-11-2011 03:27pm
leesug

(30-11-2011 03:27pm)Nick@LandRover Wrote:  Hi Leesug,

Sorry to hear that you're having issues with your Eco Stop/Start. When did you first notice that it had stopped working?

If you decide to take this to a dealership and need any help please let me know.

Regards

Nick

Hi Nick,

Two or three days ago, I have just got used to it and then it did not seem to work. I have tried reducing the load and made sure the temp was both up to speed and ambiently warm but it now never kicks in.

I think I may have to take it to be looked at.

Ta
Lee

30-11-2011 03:30pm
CRC@LandRover

(30-11-2011 03:30pm)leesug Wrote:  Hi Nick,

Two or three days ago, I have just got used to it and then it did not seem to work. I have tried reducing the load and made sure the temp was both up to speed and ambiently warm but it now never kicks in.

Ta
Lee

Hi Lee,

I'm happy to speak to the dealership when you've got it booked in. Just send me a private message with your details.

Regards

Nick

Please note although Land Rover will try to assist you with your issue, we are unable to provide any technical advice. This account is available between 0900 and 17:00 hours Monday – Friday. Outside of this time if you require assistance, please drop us a Private Message and we'll get back to you.
30-11-2011 04:09pm
msalido

My Eco Stop/Start has just damaged during my first day with my RRE.
It has worked for several times and then a message appears: "Damaged ECO" (in spanish...) and the light of the ECO bottom switch off.
15-12-2011 08:41am
defender_uk

(30-11-2011 03:30pm)leesug Wrote:  Hi Nick,

Ta
Lee

Hi Leesung

What did dealer say about your eco? Is it fixed? I am not sure if I have a slight problem develpoing as well now....will monitor it.

Thanks.

Defender_uk

Evoque Prestige Lux, OG, maual, style 4 wheels

comes to live with Defender 90 TDCi 07
15-12-2011 09:24am
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
PhilSkill

Sometimes mine doesn't choose to cut out, can't find a pattern yet, it's a bit intermittent so you almost prepare yourself for it to cut out, and you can't tell if it will or not. If you didn't think about it, it wouldn't bother me, but it is quite noticable when it cuts unless you have the Music really loud!

I have found you can trick it into cutting out and not restarting if while moving you drop the clutch, put in neutral, let clutch up again and as you coast to a stop drop and raise the clutch just as it stops the engine. Then you have clutch up and no engine as usual, but when you drop the clutch the engine doesn't re-start, you need to let the clutch fully up and then down again to start the engine.

MY12 Fuji Dynamic SD4 Manual, Pano Roof, Electric Tailgate with own Close module
[Image: 124529.png][Image: 1004887.png]
15-12-2011 02:48pm
leesug

Typically it started working again, but I have to say there is no pattern at all to the way it works. It is a little disconcerting but I think it is one of those things to get used to.

Phil - yes I have found that the engine will not start and I have to put back in neutral lift clutch and then dip it again. Not convinved to be honest with the system

15-12-2011 03:29pm