Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Easy Entry Seat
BFGEvoqueMan

RE: Easy Entry Seat

Can confirm mine ONLY works when you manually engage the handbrake, switch off the engine and then open the door. Switching off the engine and letting the car put the handbrake on itself and then opening the door results in no seat movment.

This makes it a TOTALLY POINTLESS FEATURE as if I let the technology (which LR insist I have) put the handbrake on for me, and god forbid I decide to leave it in gear without the handbrake on, I am not allowed to have my seat lowered??EvilEvilEvil

5 Dr SD4 Dynamic Plus (220PS!)
- Santorini Black with Indus Silver Roof
- Plus Pack (Agility Pimento/Ebony Oxford Leather)
- 20" Style 7 Alloy Wheels, Adaptive Bi-Xenon's with high beam assist, Aero Flip Spolier
- Keyless Entry, Privacy Glass, Auto dipping Interior Mirror, 825W stereo
13-02-2012 09:40am
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
berlin2011

Definitely a manual vs auto thing - when I switch off the car (auto) and the handbrake engages by itself my seat lowers the moment I open the door.

Current: SD4 Dynamic Auto, 5 Door, Orkney Grey with Black Contrast Pano roof and 20" Shadow Chrome wheels. Pursuit interior. [countdown="Hand over"]15th June 2013 2:00pm[/countdown]

Gone: Si4 Prestige Auto Coupe, Orkney Grey with Panoramic Roof, Element interior, Shadow Chrome 20" wheels with most of the bits & pieces loaded. [countdown="Hand over"]29th November 2011 2:00pm[/countdown]
13-02-2012 10:17am
defender_uk

well beginning to make sense. I couldn't work out the erratic behaviour of the seat either. I will try the various ideas now and see.

Defender_uk

Evoque Prestige Lux, OG, maual, style 4 wheels

comes to live with Defender 90 TDCi 07
13-02-2012 02:23pm
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Pedalpower

(13-02-2012 09:40am)BFGEvoqueMan Wrote:  Can confirm mine ONLY works when you manually engage the handbrake, switch off the engine and then open the door. Switching off the engine and letting the car put the handbrake on itself and then opening the door results in no seat movment.

This makes it a TOTALLY POINTLESS FEATURE as if I let the technology (which LR insist I have) put the handbrake on for me, and god forbid I decide to leave it in gear without the handbrake on, I am not allowed to have my seat lowered??EvilEvilEvil

Yep, def seems to be a bug, i was quite liking the auto handbrake on feature, really useful, however when using that the other useful feature of the seat lowering doesn't work !, Bingo ! Sad
13-02-2012 08:02pm
THEMACS

(13-02-2012 08:02pm)Pedalpower Wrote:  Yep, def seems to be a bug, i was quite liking the auto handbrake on feature, really useful, however when using that the other useful feature of the seat lowering doesn't work !, Bingo ! Sad

I am guessing if you have the seat in its lowest setting nothing happens anyway Confused

Orkney Grey 5 Door Prestige, Manual SD4, Vibe Interior, Panoramic Roof and Privacy Glass. Order Placed 2/7/11 Picked Up 17/3/12, Gone 10/5/14
13-02-2012 08:05pm