Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Easy Entry Seat
Pedalpower

Easy Entry Seat

Has anyone else noticed what seems to be erratic behavior from the easy entry seat ?, when enabled, upon turning the ignition off and opening the drivers door the seat should lower. However it does not seem to work if you don't set the hand brake manually one, i.e. if you just turn the ignition off, the hand brake automatically comes on, but the seat does not lower. Its pretty random, anyone else seem this ?
06-02-2012 10:43am
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
BFGEvoqueMan

RE: Easy Entry Seat

(06-02-2012 10:43am)Pedalpower Wrote:  Has anyone else noticed what seems to be erratic behavior from the easy entry seat ?, when enabled, upon turning the ignition off and opening the drivers door the seat should lower. However it does not seem to work if you don't set the hand brake manually one, i.e. if you just turn the ignition off, the hand brake automatically comes on, but the seat does not lower. Its pretty random, anyone else seem this ?

Now I realise why mine doesn't work all the time; as the weather is so cold here (-15) at the moment I am leaving it in gear and not putting on the handbrake o/n so that it doesn't freeze on. What possible reason could JLR have for that???

5 Dr SD4 Dynamic Plus (220PS!)
- Santorini Black with Indus Silver Roof
- Plus Pack (Agility Pimento/Ebony Oxford Leather)
- 20" Style 7 Alloy Wheels, Adaptive Bi-Xenon's with high beam assist, Aero Flip Spolier
- Keyless Entry, Privacy Glass, Auto dipping Interior Mirror, 825W stereo
06-02-2012 10:48am
Pedalpower

I have no idea, its really odd, my guess is its a bug, it looks for the handbrake the be enabled then ignition off then door open. However if you just kill the ignition without manually engaging the handbrake it does not work !. Its poor as a great feature is that you can just stop on the foot brake, kill the ignition and the car will enable the handbrake itself. Do this though and the seat does not lower !
06-02-2012 12:30pm
XFullFatTim
Bat wielding forum enforcer

Not only does the car auto-engage the EPB but it also automatically selects P and drops the selector on the autos

A Pangea Green New Defender 110 First Edition is now sitting on my drive alongside British Racing Green Electric Mini Cooper SE Level 3. After 21 years in my hands my TDI300 90 was handed on to the next custodian on 15 July 2022.
06-02-2012 02:21pm
berlin2011

Is this a manual transmission vs auto thing - I've not experience the need to set the handbrake for the easy entry to work, but mine's an automatic so can't exactly leave it in gear

Current: SD4 Dynamic Auto, 5 Door, Orkney Grey with Black Contrast Pano roof and 20" Shadow Chrome wheels. Pursuit interior. [countdown="Hand over"]15th June 2013 2:00pm[/countdown]

Gone: Si4 Prestige Auto Coupe, Orkney Grey with Panoramic Roof, Element interior, Shadow Chrome 20" wheels with most of the bits & pieces loaded. [countdown="Hand over"]29th November 2011 2:00pm[/countdown]
06-02-2012 03:08pm
Pedalpower

Could be, my car is manual, and just checked my theory again, manually setting the handbrake results in the seat dropping (when you open the door), just killing the ignition... no seat drop. Maybe they figure if you just turn off the ignition you could be in traffic, waiting in the car etc etc and likely to drive off again... does not explain the effect on the auto though... strange, and irritating as the auto hand brake with ignition off is a great feature
06-02-2012 03:22pm
Kimv

Maybe they wired it in a odd way to prevent the Stop/Start mechanism from making the seat lower? And this is something which is only on the manual.

Dynamic SD4 Auto 5dr, Tech Pack, Santorini Black, Verve Interior with Ebony headlining, Panoramic Roof, Privacy Glass, Solar Attenuating Glass, Style 7 Alloys, Adaptive Dynamics.
06-02-2012 03:32pm
claudio_z4

I noticed the same problem. Mine works if I put in P before switching off the engine. Indeed a strange behaviour.
06-02-2012 04:35pm
Pedalpower

I think is must be a bug, according to the handbook it should work if the ignition is off and door open, but evidently there is a dependence on the handbrake status, which unfortunately does not take into account the fact that the handbrake comes on automatically when you turn the inanition off Sad
06-02-2012 07:03pm
RoverMD

Easy Entry Seat

US dynamic auto. Mine works fine as expected.

'12 Dynamic - Buckingham Blue
06-02-2012 11:35pm