Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Earphones not changing channel
Geezer71

Earphones not changing channel

So i tried out the headphones and the volume works ok but when i try and change channel by pressing the button, nothing happens, i hear a beep but the channel does not change. Any ideas

Regards
Geezer

Black 2.2 SD4 panoramic roof, Lux pack, privacy glass 20 in alloys.
25-04-2013 12:02pm
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
same2you

RE: Earphones not changing channel

(25-04-2013 12:02pm)Geezer71 Wrote:  So i tried out the headphones and the volume works ok but when i try and change channel by pressing the button, nothing happens, i hear a beep but the channel does not change. Any ideas

Regards
Geezer

Need a little more information... Do you have the rear entertainment system, or are you just using the screen in the front? If you are using the rear entertainment, do you have different sources playing on each side (i.e. a DVD on one, and a movie file from a USB drive on another... or different music on the other, etc)?
26-04-2013 03:04am
Geezer71

i just have the front entertainment, and i am just trying to change the channel on the TV from the headphones so the passenger does not have to disturb my sat nav while i am driving. as i say there is a beep when i press it but nothing changes.

Regards

26-04-2013 08:54am
same2you

The channel button is not meant to change the channel on the TV. The connection between the whitefire headphones and the transmitter can operate on several "channels" which broadcast different streams. This is for people that are using different sources (typically) in the back (like when my son is watching Spiderman, and my daughter is listening to some silly boy-band that nobody else wants to hear). So, rather than marrying a particular set of headphones to a particular seat in the car, you have the channel button to tune into whatever stream that you need.

So the transmitter can be sending out 3 different streams (Radio, DVD, USB, etc), and each set of headphones select which stream to tune into via the channel button.
27-04-2013 04:20am
Geezer71

Cheers, that saves me a trip to the showroom tomorrow,
your the man.

regards

06-05-2013 09:44pm