Thread Rating:
  • 1 Votes - 5 Average
Early days of a love affair ...
nicoleireland

Early days of a love affair ...

So, my lovely new car arrived two weeks ago. Great excitment as she was rolled off the delivery lorry at my home. Lots of neighbours popping out under cloak of darkness to have a closer peek.

Now I'm not exactly a car buff so my comments probably not worth tuppence but here goesSmile

I have a Fuji White pure with Almond interior, tech pack, big wheels (18inch??) and fog lights. The White is a great colour and despite the mucky Irish weather, still looks good after 2 weeks - I think it will be much easier to keep than my previous black car. Almond interior very nice - very surprised by the quality of the base spec actually. I had not seen the car before I got it, so a pleasant surprise. Nice bright interior too despite not having a pano roof (which I would have loved but couldn't spec here in Ireland). Various comments about being quite flash but I think its a lovely colour - agree that its not discreet but I don't think its vulgar either - I put it down to sour grapes tee heee ..

Music system is really, really good - and its just the standard Meridian. Also the USB connections are fantastic - means my little one can plug in her DVD player and other USB devices which keeps her happy.

Ambient lighting is nice but seems a little flaky - sometimes it comes on but more often than not it doesn't? I have to re-read the manual to see what's up.

Engine very, very quiet. My friend who has a FFRR couldn't believe how much quieter and softer the ride was.

Fuel consumption ... 80e to fill her up and I got 800km out of the tank - don't what this is MPG but I'm happy enough.

Headlights - can't find a setting for auto headlights and as you must turn off the headlights when you turn off the engine, I end up forgetting to stick them on at night (old car had auto lights). If anyone can enlighten me, feel free.

Finally, off road ... had opportunity to drive around a big, wet mucky field last week and it was great craic. The evoque managed beautifully while my friends fancy Lexus jeep got stuck ... ResultSmile

And that is it from across the pond ... Very happy girl and now just waiting for the convertible Evoque which I saw online ... Even more beautiful if possibleSmile
29-09-2011 10:03am
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
J77

RE: Early days of a love affair ...

Regarding your headlights, did you spec auto lights? if not then that's why you can't find a setting for it as a pure doesn't have them as standard. Thumbs Up

18MY Range Rover Velar R-Dynamic SE D240
29-09-2011 10:33am
DynamicRRV

Sounds great!!Well done...Smile
29-09-2011 10:41am
nicoleireland

Doh! should have specced emSad
29-09-2011 02:48pm
Big G

Hi - I'm in Dublin too. Suprised to hear about the pano roof though I ordered it through my dealer albeit €900 for it !!
(This post was last modified: 29-09-2011 04:34pm by XFullFatTim.)
29-09-2011 04:23pm
tigrr_uk

Would you be able to put some pics on?

If I manage to get one, it will be a pure so would love to see your awesome new motor.

Mark
29-09-2011 04:59pm
maverick12

(29-09-2011 10:03am)nicoleireland Wrote:  So, my lovely new car arrived two weeks ago. Great excitment as she was rolled off the delivery lorry at my home. Lots of neighbours popping out under cloak of darkness to have a closer peek.

Now I'm not exactly a car buff so my comments probably not worth tuppence but here goesSmile

I have a Fuji White pure with Almond interior, tech pack, big wheels (18inch??) and fog lights. The White is a great colour and despite the mucky Irish weather, still looks good after 2 weeks - I think it will be much easier to keep than my previous black car. Almond interior very nice - very surprised by the quality of the base spec actually. I had not seen the car before I got it, so a pleasant surprise. Nice bright interior too despite not having a pano roof (which I would have loved but couldn't spec here in Ireland). Various comments about being quite flash but I think its a lovely colour - agree that its not discreet but I don't think its vulgar either - I put it down to sour grapes tee heee ..

Music system is really, really good - and its just the standard Meridian. Also the USB connections are fantastic - means my little one can plug in her DVD player and other USB devices which keeps her happy.

Ambient lighting is nice but seems a little flaky - sometimes it comes on but more often than not it doesn't? I have to re-read the manual to see what's up.

Engine very, very quiet. My friend who has a FFRR couldn't believe how much quieter and softer the ride was.

Fuel consumption ... 80e to fill her up and I got 800km out of the tank - don't what this is MPG but I'm happy enough.

Headlights - can't find a setting for auto headlights and as you must turn off the headlights when you turn off the engine, I end up forgetting to stick them on at night (old car had auto lights). If anyone can enlighten me, feel free.

Finally, off road ... had opportunity to drive around a big, wet mucky field last week and it was great craic. The evoque managed beautifully while my friends fancy Lexus jeep got stuck ... ResultSmile

And that is it from across the pond ... Very happy girl and now just waiting for the convertible Evoque which I saw online ... Even more beautiful if possibleSmile

You still very happy with you new range rover be interested in you comments

steve
(This post was last modified: 29-09-2011 05:41pm by maverick12.)
29-09-2011 05:40pm
Barneyridge

+1 for Pic's please Smile

Pure TD4, Fiji, Auto, Pan Roof + Extras - Delivered Very Happy
30-09-2011 04:07am
bluebear

I have specced the same colour combo as you so really pleased to read your comments about both the colour and the quality, so thank you.

Just makes me want to get mine more!

Oh, and would also love to see some photos

Collected - Pure Coupe SD4 Tech Auto, fuji with Almond/Expresso interior. Style 5 19" alloys, panoramic roof, xenons, privacy glass, electric adjustment exterior mirrors, rear camera, park assist, fog lamps, spare wheel
(This post was last modified: 30-09-2011 06:07am by bluebear.)
30-09-2011 06:06am
WB
WB

(29-09-2011 02:48pm)nicoleireland Wrote:  Doh! should have specced emSad

Auto lights are part of the UK tech pack - is yours a UK spec car?
30-09-2011 12:12pm