Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Dynamic Plus front seat covers
XFullFatTim
Bat wielding forum enforcer

Dynamic Plus front seat covers

I popped into my local dealers accessories department the other day to ask about a set of waterproof seat covers for the Dynamic Plus seats. I know that Pete Bell has been looking into this but I thought i would "officially" ask for a set.

The reply that the dealer got back front LR is interesting. Basically it goes something like this - The bean counters at LR decided that demand for the Dynamic Plus would be very small so took the decision that they would not make special seat covers to fit Dynamic Plus.

In my view an extremely silly attitude - in view of the cost of the option of these chairs surely it is MORE likely that people would want to protect them than leave them to get damaged.

I have been in contact with Halfords and they are prepared to let me go over to the local store and try sets of seat covers until I find some that fit. Probably save me a fortune over buy a LR branded set and also deprive LR of a mega mark up on the cost they would doubtless charge to have proper LT covers.

A Pangea Green New Defender 110 First Edition is now sitting on my drive alongside British Racing Green Electric Mini Cooper SE Level 3. After 21 years in my hands my TDI300 90 was handed on to the next custodian on 15 July 2022.
16-09-2011 09:42am
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
oop north

RE: Dynamic Plus front seat covers

The typical Dynamic Plus owner will be aiming not to get the seats wet at all - seat covers are much more a "LR thing" - so commercially I would expect the factory decision to be correct even if it's annoying for you!
16-09-2011 09:54am
XFullFatTim
Bat wielding forum enforcer

I do have one seat cover that fits, it was one of the special covers the factory puts on the seats for protection during transportation. They are recyclable fabric and are not waterproof.

I realise that not everybody wants to take their car where I have taken mine - but there are other reasons for wanting to protect the seats than for keeping muck and water off the leather. Some folks travel to work in work gear that can get dirty during the working day and might not want to get oil/ grease/ dirt off work gear onto the seats.

A Pangea Green New Defender 110 First Edition is now sitting on my drive alongside British Racing Green Electric Mini Cooper SE Level 3. After 21 years in my hands my TDI300 90 was handed on to the next custodian on 15 July 2022.
(This post was last modified: 16-09-2011 10:19am by XFullFatTim.)
16-09-2011 10:19am
bell-auto-services

Im the same, i need seat covers for my seats asi go toand from work in the same work gearand some days thatwill be fine. But some not and for 3kfor 2 seats i want to look after them for when i do get in the car clean.

It looks like Tim and I will be left to sort landrover mess out lol

Pete

TV/DVD-On-The-Move modules available from £145+ £10 UK mainland shipping Excluding higlands and Islands.
16-09-2011 08:30pm
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply