Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
NAV Setting?
Lostsole1970

NAV Setting?

Could someone tell me if there is a way to turn off the standard building icon in the NAV maps? (2015 MY) Depending on the zoom level, the buildings can obstruct useful information, like say, road names. I've looked and I have not found a setting to adjust this. Any help would be much appreciated.

This part is just me being picky, but it also bothers me that all buildings look the same and look nothing like the actual structure that they are supposed to represent. Sorry, but that doesn't help me at all. I could be right next to a sprawling factory and it would look like a single high rise structure.

I'm not a big fan of the entire UI, not just the NAV UI. I do like touch screens, but feel that the touch screen in a car detracts from my driving. Having to look away from the road and reach is a bad combination. Plus, in my Evoque, the screen response time after a touch is not very snappy, which also adds to the overall time of being distracted.
20-01-2016 03:14am
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
XFullFatTim
Bat wielding forum enforcer

RE: NAV Setting?

Hi Lostsole and welcome to ther forums. I never knew that you could see buildings on the 2015 SatNav, certainly don't on the same system in my 2015MY RR Sport. Anyway, the other point about the screen response time is a long standing issue with not just Evoque owners but also with Discovery, Freelander, DiscoSport, Range Rover Sport and Range Rover owners. Jaguar owners also complain about it! Land Rover doesn't seem to be too interesting in changing existing systems but the latest versions in the 201MY Evoque and Discovery Sport as well as the XE Jaguar and F Type seem to be much better with this issue and also have faster data processing.

A Pangea Green New Defender 110 First Edition is now sitting on my drive alongside British Racing Green Electric Mini Cooper SE Level 3. After 21 years in my hands my TDI300 90 was handed on to the next custodian on 15 July 2022.
(This post was last modified: 21-01-2016 07:20pm by XFullFatTim.)
21-01-2016 07:19pm
Lostsole1970

Thanks for the welcome. Here's a couple of pictures of the buildings in question. Any idea of how to get rid of them?

[Image: 14wbrs2.jpg]

[Image: 5nqbcw.jpg]

(21-01-2016 07:19pm)XFullFatTim Wrote:  Hi Lostsole and welcome to ther forums. I never knew that you could see buildings on the 2015 SatNav, certainly don't on the same system in my 2015MY RR Sport. Anyway, the other point about the screen response time is a long standing issue with not just Evoque owners but also with Discovery, Freelander, DiscoSport, Range Rover Sport and Range Rover owners. Jaguar owners also complain about it! Land Rover doesn't seem to be too interesting in changing existing systems but the latest versions in the 201MY Evoque and Discovery Sport as well as the XE Jaguar and F Type seem to be much better with this issue and also have faster data processing.
29-01-2016 05:11am
Barton Evoque

Don't you just click the 3d at the top.

Evoque My13 TD4 Pure.Orkney Grey with Tech Pack~Spare Wheel~Front Fogs~Privacy Glass~Ebony Interior~Mudflaps~Evoque Footrest~DVD Headrests~Towtrust Towbar.Collected 17th Sept. Very Happy
Also nicely modded Audi TT Roadster.
(This post was last modified: 29-01-2016 11:39am by Barton Evoque.)
29-01-2016 11:38am
Pete

Aren't those just POI icons for businesses? Turn off most of the settings for POIs and those should disappear.

Porsche Macan
29-01-2016 12:30pm
Lostsole1970

Thank you all! It was the POI setting. I turned off POI and I can now see road names again.

I appreciate the help.
02-02-2016 08:24pm
Donny Dog

Anyone know what the small, seemingly random, arrows that are all over the map are for?
03-02-2016 12:11am
Lostsole1970

I don't recall those. Can you take a photo?

(03-02-2016 12:11am)Donny Dog Wrote:  Anyone know what the small, seemingly random, arrows that are all over the map are for?
03-02-2016 04:14am
Pete

The arrows can indicate traffic slowdowns in a particular direction - the colour of the road in question indicates severity. Might also be one-way streets.

Porsche Macan
03-02-2016 09:17am
Donny Dog

(03-02-2016 09:17am)Pete Wrote:  The arrows can indicate traffic slowdowns in a particular direction - the colour of the road in question indicates severity. Might also be one-way streets.

They are randomly all over the map, some not even on roads. I will take a photo as someone requested above.

(03-02-2016 04:14am)Lostsole1970 Wrote:  I don't recall those. Can you take a photo?

Will do.
(This post was last modified: 03-02-2016 09:58am by Donny Dog.)
03-02-2016 09:57am