Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Driver door will not unlock on 2016 Evoque
PhilUK53

Hi

Is anyone else having this problem please?

I have a new Evoque and twice now the driver door will not unlock in cold weather. When I say cold only just below freezing. All the other doors are fine and the driver door itself is not frozen but it appears the lock mechanism itself is. I cannot open from the remote, inside or manual emergency key.

The first time I started the car from the passenger seat and when the car warmed up it suddenly worked. Second time it was colder (-5C) and it didn't work but as the sun warmed the car it eventually opened.

Can I stress the door is not frozen around the edge. It is more like the cold is affecting the lock itself in some way. Its booked into the dealership next week for them to check but any ideas before then would be welcome.
20-01-2016 01:37pm
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
bee

RE: Driver door will not unlock on 2016 Evoque

(20-01-2016 01:37pm)PhilUK53 Wrote:  Hi

I have a new Evoque and twice now the driver door will not unlock in cold weather. When I say cold only just below freezing. All the other doors are fine and the driver door itself is not frozen but it appears the lock mechanism itself is. I cannot open from the remote, inside or manual emergency key.

The first time I started the car from the passenger seat and when the car warmed up it suddenly worked. Second time it was colder (-5C) and it didn't work but as the sun warmed the car it eventually opened.

Can I stress the door is not frozen around the edge. It is more like the cold is affecting the lock itself in some way. Its booked into the dealership next week for them to check but any ideas before then would be welcome.
needs a new lock module.

2013 auto sicillian yellow special edition. with all the goodies supplied with this model.
20-01-2016 01:44pm
PhilUK53

But why just in cold weather?
20-01-2016 02:01pm
PhilSkill

Possibly a weak solenoid that hasn't quite enough pulling force when cold (resistance and temperature are linked).
Dealer will probably just replace it under Warranty. But let us know what they say.

MY12 Fuji Dynamic SD4 Manual, Pano Roof, Electric Tailgate with own Close module
[Image: 124529.png][Image: 1004887.png]
20-01-2016 04:30pm
PhilUK53

Just spoke to the dealer who says it would not be a solenoid. They are going to look at it tomorrow so I will post the outcome.
20-01-2016 06:28pm
majeric

(20-01-2016 01:37pm)PhilUK53 Wrote:  Hi

Morning!

i had exactly the same issue yesterday morning.
Couldn't open the drivers door with the outside handle. Internal handle was fine, but outside one didnt do anything!

Called LR assist and they've reported the issue. Car is going in today for investigation.
22-01-2016 10:52am
PhilUK53

(22-01-2016 10:52am)majeric Wrote:  Morning!

Couldn't open the drivers door with the outside handle. Internal handle was fine, but outside one didnt do anything!

Called LR assist and they've reported the issue. Car is going in today for investigation.

My dealer has ordered in a new latch. In my case I couldn't open the door at all. Manually, remote or internal.
22-01-2016 10:55am
PhilUK53

(22-01-2016 10:55am)PhilUK53 Wrote:  My dealer has ordered in a new latch. In my case I couldn't open the door at all. Manually, remote or internal.

Tweeted this problem and Land Rover responded. They the emailed so I copied my reply back to worldwide CEO.

Next morning had an email from his office saying the UK CEO would respond. With 30 mins had a call from his Exec team saying they will be following this closely and to phone her if I needed any help.

Took the car in today. Red carpet treatment including guy from Jaguar/Land Rover to meet me with a new latch and a latch cover they have just made because they are starting to get other reports of this. There are only two in the country...one on my car and one on test at the factory.

Always pays to find out the CEO's email.......
28-01-2016 08:27pm
majeric

Hey!

Are you able to message me the email address? I have an arms length of issues with my MY16

Found it!
(This post was last modified: 28-01-2016 10:35pm by majeric.)
28-01-2016 09:49pm
stephenevoque

(22-01-2016 10:52am)majeric Wrote:  Morning!

Had same problem last month so all I did was pour warm water over the door then it opened without any fuss.

Have a 2012 (62) Evoque and the o/s/f central door locking mechanism failed to work and LR replaced it under warranty now the n/s/f has gone to be now out of warranty. What could be the problem? should I order a solenoid or a door control module??
(This post was last modified: 05-02-2016 09:21pm by stephenevoque.)
05-02-2016 09:14pm