Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Double Locking problems
Wired

Double Locking problems

I sometimes have problems with the double locking, by which I mean pressing the remote twice to activate the alarm system fully.

I have no problem on the first lock. Lights flash and the mirrors fold in, but when I press it a second time I sometimes get it beeping its horn at me.

I cant find the cause of this. I usually check the windows but they seem to be all closed.

Anyone that can offer some suggestions on were to look for the problem?

SD4 Automatic Prestige BALTIC BLUE - 5 DOOR - 19" wheels - Xeons - Tech pack - winter pack - Pano roof
16-04-2012 10:49am
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Donny Dog

RE: Double Locking problems

(16-04-2012 10:49am)Wired Wrote:  I sometimes have problems with the double locking, by which I mean pressing the remote twice to activate the alarm system fully.

I have no problem on the first lock. Lights flash and the mirrors fold in, but when I press it a second time I sometimes get it beeping its horn at me.

I cant find the cause of this. I usually check the windows but they seem to be all closed.

How quickly do you do your second 'press', and how long do you hold it for? I've not experimented with doing it 'wrong', but have found success with a very quick second press (or touch using keyless), that is, without any delay, and with both presses being firm but as near instantaneous as can be. I think (from memory) you are actually allowed a maximum of 3 seconds.
(This post was last modified: 16-04-2012 12:34pm by cjfp.)
16-04-2012 11:52am
andrey1302

(16-04-2012 10:49am)Wired Wrote:  I sometimes have problems with the double locking, by which I mean pressing the remote twice to activate the alarm system fully.

Check in you settings, cuz it just might be your settings and just the audible confirmation that the car is locked...

You can change the settings with your steering wheel, I think its in the vehicle setup part of the menu....

Hope this helps

Fuji 3 dr Pure SD4
[Image: 124851.png]
16-04-2012 12:02pm
Ezandania

The car honking means the system is fully locked. This normally happens when you press the lock button within three seconds of the first press.

First press - normal lock - passengers can still open the lock from inside.
Second press - full lock - anyone in the car cannot open any locks, all those tilt sensors activated so alarm activated when car is towed away etc etc.

I cant remember all of it...try Ref 'Door Locking' in the manual for details....

2012 Evoque Dynamic Si4 Auto, Fuji White/Agility Dynamic Plus, 20" Style 6's, Panoramic Roof, Keyless Entry, Power Tailgate, Surround Cameras, 825W Meridian Sound, Adaptive Dynamics, Adaptive Xenon HIDs
2003 Mini Cooper S
1999 Honda S2000
16-04-2012 01:27pm
Donny Dog

(16-04-2012 01:27pm)Ezandania Wrote:  The car honking means the system is fully locked. This normally happens when you press the lock button within three seconds of the first press.

First press - normal lock - passengers can still open the lock from inside.
Second press - full lock - anyone in the car cannot open any locks, all those tilt sensors activated so alarm activated when car is towed away etc etc.

I cant remember all of it...try Ref 'Door Locking' in the manual for details....

Mine doesn't 'honk', it just 'cheeps', and not very loud at that.
16-04-2012 01:33pm
PhilSkill

I have audible lock set, and it just chirps an electronic beep, it doesn't sound the horn. You do have to press the 2 presses quite quickly though to activate it.

MY12 Fuji Dynamic SD4 Manual, Pano Roof, Electric Tailgate with own Close module
[Image: 124529.png][Image: 1004887.png]
16-04-2012 01:50pm
Ezandania

(16-04-2012 01:33pm)Donny Dog Wrote:  Mine doesn't 'honk', it just 'cheeps', and not very loud at that.

You need to train it more LOL

2012 Evoque Dynamic Si4 Auto, Fuji White/Agility Dynamic Plus, 20" Style 6's, Panoramic Roof, Keyless Entry, Power Tailgate, Surround Cameras, 825W Meridian Sound, Adaptive Dynamics, Adaptive Xenon HIDs
2003 Mini Cooper S
1999 Honda S2000
16-04-2012 01:50pm
Wired

(16-04-2012 11:52am)Donny Dog Wrote:  How quickly do you do your second 'press', and how long do you hold it for? I've not experimented with doing it 'wrong', but have found success with a very quick second press (or touch using keyless), that is, without any delay, and with both presses being firm but as near instantaneous as can be. I think (from memory) you are actually allowed a maximum of 3 seconds.

I tried quick and slow but usually I wait till the mirrors are folded. I will try to be quicker next time.

I do have audible sound set but that's just a soft beep or a chirp as some have said here. What I get is what I interpreted as a fault warning. I didn't know about the 3 sec rule Embarrassed

Will try some different ways when I am home.

SD4 Automatic Prestige BALTIC BLUE - 5 DOOR - 19" wheels - Xeons - Tech pack - winter pack - Pano roof
16-04-2012 02:14pm
LDT

(16-04-2012 01:33pm)Donny Dog Wrote:  Mine doesn't 'honk', it just 'cheeps', and not very loud at that.

I have a feeble cheep too! So feeble it is sometimes inaudible. Smile

Prestige SD4 Auto, Ipanema/Ambience, Style 4 Wheels, Pan Roof, Privacy, Dimming Mirror, High Beam Assist, Surround Cameras, Spare Wheel, Mud Flaps.
[Image: 116286.png]
16-04-2012 04:00pm
Wired

Well, I did some test and also switched of the audible alarm. Looks like that's what it was, a very loud double locking sound.
What still puzzles me is that sometimes I would not get any sound. Was this a faulty lock situation?

Also I was wondering if there is any other way to see if the car is single or double locked? There is a status light flashing in the cockpit. Does that tell me anything?

17-04-2012 09:39am