Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Door trim removal..?
RacingSnake

Door trim removal..?

Hi guys,
My neighbours (who I don't get on with) opened their door onto my car causing a 'car park' dent... they've denied it but I have it on CCTV Rolling Eyes

Arguments aside (it's left with the landlord for now), I want to get this fixed as it's the only mark on the car.

I need to remove the passenger side door trim to get access to the back of the dent.
So, does anyone have a guide for it? (it's a coupe).

I found the 5 door (rear door) guide (on here), but if anyone has the correct guide it would be useful!

Thanks in advance.

Attached File(s) Thumbnail(s)

Ordered: Fuji Dynamic Lux Coupe / style 7 wheels / Privacy glass / adaptive xenons / something else which I've forgotton.
Should be end of April (was March, then April, then end of May/June).
Collected, Friday 13th Shocked April 2012
17-05-2014 08:55pm
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
cjfp

RE: Door trim removal..?

If you go to one of those dent removal guys then they often do it without having to remove any bits - they did mine and you cant see it at all, its certainly an art.

Oh, and b@stards

Pure 3dr SD4 Tech Man ; Firenze Red ; 19" Style 3 ; Pano ; Ebony / Ivory Int ; Auto dim rear view ; 2 seats ; Park Aid - Rear cam ; Ext. folding mirrors ; Adap Xenon ; Fogs ; Mud Flaps ; Side Steps - Rec'd 28/12/11 - Sadly going 6/6/14 - Gone, now running BMW X6
(This post was last modified: 17-05-2014 09:46pm by cjfp.)
17-05-2014 09:46pm
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
RacingSnake

I will go to one of the dent guys, but they'll need to get behind it, so if it's simple enough I'd rather remove the trim and provide that extra access Smile

Ordered: Fuji Dynamic Lux Coupe / style 7 wheels / Privacy glass / adaptive xenons / something else which I've forgotton.
17-05-2014 10:05pm
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
cjfp

They got behind mine by going in down the window gap, but obviously do as you feel best Smile

Pure 3dr SD4 Tech Man ; Firenze Red ; 19" Style 3 ; Pano ; Ebony / Ivory Int ; Auto dim rear view ; 2 seats ; Park Aid - Rear cam ; Ext. folding mirrors ; Adap Xenon ; Fogs ; Mud Flaps ; Side Steps - Rec'd 28/12/11 - Sadly going 6/6/14 - Gone, now running BMW X6
17-05-2014 10:18pm
RacingSnake

*Bump*

I'll give the removal a go myself by the weekend if there is no guide Smile

20-05-2014 07:12am
speary

Even with the panel off there is no guarantee that you will be able to see the inside of the outer skin. It's not like the old days where there were great big holes in the steel inner door panel

Pure Coupe SD4 Manual; Fuji White; 19" style 5 wheels; Addaptive Xenons; Auto Lights, Wipers and Rear Mirror; Folding mirrors with cool puddle lights. Magnoflow Exhaust finishers
20-05-2014 08:21am
m_101

agreed speary, not sure on the coupe but on the 5-door but I think it is held on by a few clips which pop out, and one screw which is hidden under a small plastic circular piece on the opening edge of the door. hard to describe but almost in a horizontal line with the door handle . hope that is of some use?

5 door MY12 Fuji Dynamic Plus with shadow chromes, santorini contrast roof, power tailgate and a couple of added rattles!
Mods - Black RR bonnet vents, Side steps, Silicone rear wiper, rear sill protector, rear sill plates, LED interior lighting conversion, 2014 Sat Nav update.
20-05-2014 04:54pm
XFullFatTim
Bat wielding forum enforcer

And as is the case with most car makers these days you will need a special tool to remove and refit the panel without breaking any of the clips!

A Pangea Green New Defender 110 First Edition is now sitting on my drive alongside British Racing Green Electric Mini Cooper SE Level 3. After 21 years in my hands my TDI300 90 was handed on to the next custodian on 15 July 2022.
20-05-2014 05:01pm
RacingSnake

(20-05-2014 08:21am)speary Wrote:  Even with the panel off there is no guarantee that you will be able to see the inside of the outer skin. It's not like the old days where there were great big holes in the steel inner door panel
I did have this worry, but feel I need to provide the absolute best chance to reach it. I can see the pressing points of the double skin and they're a good 3" from the position of the dent. So I still have hope.

I'll get the panel off at the weekend and if it doesn't provide enough access, then I'll look at the window method as cjfp suggested.

(20-05-2014 04:54pm)m_101 Wrote:  hope that is of some use?
Thanks, I saw the 5 door guide and will use that in the absence of anything else!

(This post was last modified: 20-05-2014 06:14pm by RacingSnake.)
20-05-2014 06:12pm
mstraka

I believe the door clips are a design that will need to be replaced when they are released. They appear to be of the same design that holds the tailgate trim panel to the tailgate. I found that in removing my tailgate trim only about half of the clips could be reused.
21-05-2014 04:13am