Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Door sounds like its going t fall off
Alex

RE: Door sounds like its going t fall off

Funny noticed the issue on mine this morning. I remember at the Evoque Live event last year and a similar issue where the drivers door was making a noise when opening. I noticed it was to do with the hinge and I asked a LR assistant why it was doing that and he said as it was a preproduction car it had been rushed so probably why the door hinge was loose. He then promptly got someone to tighten it, and he said don't worry this will not be an issue when the vehicles are launched.

So when opening my drivers door this morning and noticed that clicking sound I thought oh great this is exactly the same problem at the car show last year. Guessing this must be a flaw in the design somewhere as mine has happened six months later. Will go to dealers to get tightened but wonder if this will reoccur.

Arrived 22nd December - SD4 Dynamic Auto, Fuji White, Panoramic/Contrast Roof, Dynamic Plus & Lux Pack
29-05-2012 06:40am
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
jitenc

(25-05-2012 08:02pm)cutter7 Wrote:  I had this problem after the first month! easy fix..

When you open the drivers door look between the upper and lower hinge and you will see the black 'double stage opener strut'.

Mine was that loose i could move the strut with my fingers!!

Just re-tighten the fixing points with a ratchet and all should be ok.

I did mine back in Jan and i have never had this grinding opening noise since.

I think maybe the torque setting at manufacture was at fault?

+1. It's an easy to fix problem.. Think next time I take the Evoque in LR,I will ask them to tighten all the hinges.. Bound that the problem will reoccur again.

Got mine : Dynamic Fuji White with Lux Pack and black contrast roof.
Optional extras : Privacy glass, Heated steering wheel and TPMS.
Me: Very HappyVery Happy
29-05-2012 06:58am
BFGEvoqueMan

(25-05-2012 08:02pm)cutter7 Wrote:  I had this problem after the first month! easy fix..

When you open the drivers door look between the upper and lower hinge and you will see the black 'double stage opener strut'.

Mine was that loose i could move the strut with my fingers!!

Just re-tighten the fixing points with a ratchet and all should be ok.

I did mine back in Jan and i have never had this grinding opening noise since.

I think maybe the torque setting at manufacture was at fault?

+1, use a torx head bit to tighten and it has never occured again. Annoying, but not worth the time and hassle to take it to thne dealers (even though my local garage are excellent). My car was built 4th Jan, perhaps this was a bit of post Christmas blues?

5 Dr SD4 Dynamic Plus (220PS!)
- Santorini Black with Indus Silver Roof
- Plus Pack (Agility Pimento/Ebony Oxford Leather)
- 20" Style 7 Alloy Wheels, Adaptive Bi-Xenon's with high beam assist, Aero Flip Spolier
- Keyless Entry, Privacy Glass, Auto dipping Interior Mirror, 825W stereo
29-05-2012 07:05pm
fam1x

Thanks but I don't have torx screw drivers should invest in a set Smile

Pure SD4 Auto Black Tech pack, Pano roof, Powered tailgate, Dim rear view, Carpet mats & edging, Parking Assist Aid - Rear camera, Folding mirrors, Front Fogs, Auto Light, Rain sensor, Adaptive Xenons, Heated SW, Keyless entry and Privacy Glass arrived 13 Jan 12 Smile
29-05-2012 09:54pm
gw76

Mine has started to do this. Dont have a socket set. Anyone know the exact size of the female star socket needed and I could just invest in that just now. Tried with pliers to temporarily tighten but could see the bold getting damaged. I dont have time to go all the way to the dealership just for that.
15-03-2014 05:24pm
m_101

if you have a normal socket set then I think that works temporarily but don't know the size of the star set used, sorry.

5 door MY12 Fuji Dynamic Plus with shadow chromes, santorini contrast roof, power tailgate and a couple of added rattles!
Mods - Black RR bonnet vents, Side steps, Silicone rear wiper, rear sill protector, rear sill plates, LED interior lighting conversion, 2014 Sat Nav update.
15-03-2014 09:51pm