Thread Rating:
  • 1 Votes - 2 Average
Dont buy from >>>
brough74

Dont buy from >>>

Basically im very peed off.

Collected my car on the 18/05 and i noticed 2 faults striaght away, paint bleb in the front bumper and drivers door seal sagging.

The car was picked up on the 30/05 and fixed and returned to me on the 06/06. I notice the have now scratched the wheel arch paint and the laquer is not very good.
When washing it and giving it a good going over i notice the wheel arch trim is now marked and there is a mark on the drivers door lower trim in the plastic also the lower trim moves in and out when pushed.

I contacted the garage (LLoyds landrover carlisle) and told them i want to reject the car. They wont have this, so what can i do ?

Landrover customer services cant help (useless)

So now im totally out of love with the car

Im trying the sales of good act, also contacted a few websites but ive not heard from the dealer (surprise suprise)

Can anyone help ??????
14-06-2012 06:00pm
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Straydox

RE: Dont buy from >>>

Your challenge is proving that the vehicle wasn't of 'merchantable quality' is you plan to go down the sale of goods act road. Once you give the dealer the chance to rectify the faults - and they do it properly then it gets more difficult.

Who have you contacted in the dealership? Have you put your position and expectation in writing?

Delivered 15th May 2012, rejected and returned 4th Feb 2013 - SD4 5 door Prestige manual with a bucket full of rattles Mauritius Blue. Crazy Audi MY2020 RSQ3
14-06-2012 07:52pm
brough74

ive contacted the sales manager, i have put my position in writing in an email and kept a copy or does it need to be in a letter to the manager ?
14-06-2012 08:09pm
Straydox

You need the Dealer Principal (MD) as a minimum I'd say. Do be sure in your head of the solution you are seeking - i.e. a replacement vehicle.

They know all too well that people try and reject cars for a whole bunch of reasons other than 'its a lemon' including not being able to afford the financial commitment it/change of circumstances/ordered the wrong car or spec - even colour.

Delivered 15th May 2012, rejected and returned 4th Feb 2013 - SD4 5 door Prestige manual with a bucket full of rattles Mauritius Blue. Crazy Audi MY2020 RSQ3
14-06-2012 09:41pm
XFullFatTim
Bat wielding forum enforcer

You might also have a problem proving that the additional scratches have rendered the car of unmerchantable quality. IIRC you have also to allow them at least 3 attempts to put right the original fault before you can reject the car.

A Pangea Green New Defender 110 First Edition is now sitting on my drive alongside British Racing Green Electric Mini Cooper SE Level 3. After 21 years in my hands my TDI300 90 was handed on to the next custodian on 15 July 2022.
14-06-2012 09:49pm
chiggy

These aren't problems that deem the car mechanically faulty. Its a first generation model and issues are expected. The difference between a car like this and a normal BMW or Audi is that you get very passionate about a car like this and you want each and every detail absolutely perfect. This is normal.

I completely agree that trim levels etc should be fixed - and its not that they can't be fixed - everything can be fixed. All you have to do is show it to them and they will fix it.

I went through the same thing with door issues, trim issues, rattles, clicks etc...my previous car went in 5 times in 5 months to get various things fixed. I eventually sold it and just bought myself a new one.

LR will not replace a car unless there is something drastically wrong with it where the car cannot be driven or has major build issues. Your car doesn't. My guess is that you are just very frustrated at the moment and that has led you to complaining to LR etc etc. As much as you might not like to hear this, and I didn't like hearing it either, its a first generation model and issues are expected. Build issues are expected. As long as you take it in and get it fixed - tht's all that matters.

It takes the joy out of driving the car especially when you wait for so long and you're so passionate about a car. Its just a natural feeling. Get a meeting with the dealer principle and the service manager and voice your concerns on the quality of the service and what issues you have. Request another Evoque as a loan car and get it underway.

My question to you is, if they fix everything... will you still be unhappy about it? or in your mind is it still going to be an imperfect car cause they had to fix some things?

Evoque Round 2: Fuji Si4 Dynamic - 5dr. Pursuit interior. Dynamic Tech Pack. Adaptive Xenons. 19in Standard Alloy wheels. Twisted Evil
Contrast black roof (to be painted soon). (Previously a Firenze Pure owner - still my favourite colour Wink)
15-06-2012 01:51am
brough74

Yes its all superficial but its peed me off, the first time its because it went to get fixed and came back with more scratches on it than it went in with. So i dont want them to touch it again, just want to hand it back and walk away. I spend this much money i want it perfect.

This has tarnished my expectation of the car beyond repair
18-06-2012 09:20pm
chiggy

(18-06-2012 09:20pm)brough74 Wrote:  Yes its all superficial but its peed me off, the first time its because it went to get fixed and came back with more scratches on it than it went in with. So i dont want them to touch it again, just want to hand it back and walk away. I spend this much money i want it perfect.

This has tarnished my expectation of the car beyond repair

I still know that feeling of anger - I have to say I got lucky with the sale of my evoque and I cannot be happier with my new one.

I wish you luck though - trust me everytime you see an evoque (if you sell it and don't get another).. you will always regret getting rid of it!

Evoque Round 2: Fuji Si4 Dynamic - 5dr. Pursuit interior. Dynamic Tech Pack. Adaptive Xenons. 19in Standard Alloy wheels. Twisted Evil
Contrast black roof (to be painted soon). (Previously a Firenze Pure owner - still my favourite colour Wink)
19-06-2012 02:58am
ducati996guy

Hi

I do some web work for a couple manufacturers. The chances of being able to switch to another car is virtually zero. They may do a respray for you if you can get the DP and customer service mamanger at Land Rover involved.

Manufacturer likely sees it as a Dealer Issue. Don't forget the margins here are very skinny. Dealer likely only made $2k on the whole deal so they wont want to fork out for a respray.

I would recommend trying to be very rational and composed with the customer service manager. I work around these guys quite a lot and basically a rational approach will work best. When they get angry customers (70%) they get not as good a treatment as a well written letter in a rational manner. Also do everything in writing.

Explain clearly why you want the manufacturer to get involved and what you would like them to do.

Was the car a demo unit or brand new? If demo, then likely the manufacturer will still think a dealer issue. If new then you may get a respray of the affected areas but only if the Customer Service manager at Land Rover signs off on it.

Good luck.,

David

Prestige 5 door TD4
Buckingham Blue
19-06-2012 04:19am
Capital

(19-06-2012 04:19am)ducati996guy Wrote:  Hi

I do some web work for a couple manufacturers. The chances of being able to switch to another car is virtually zero. They may do a respray for you if you can get the DP and customer service mamanger at Land Rover involved.

Manufacturer likely sees it as a Dealer Issue. Don't forget the margins here are very skinny. Dealer likely only made $2k on the whole deal so they wont want to fork out for a respray.

I would recommend trying to be very rational and composed with the customer service manager. I work around these guys quite a lot and basically a rational approach will work best. When they get angry customers (70%) they get not as good a treatment as a well written letter in a rational manner. Also do everything in writing.

Explain clearly why you want the manufacturer to get involved and what you would like them to do.

Was the car a demo unit or brand new? If demo, then likely the manufacturer will still think a dealer issue. If new then you may get a respray of the affected areas but only if the Customer Service manager at Land Rover signs off on it.

Good luck.,

David
Zero in Oz but the laws in the UK do give consumers the right to reject a car under some circumstances (unlike those in Australia that leave it up to us to negotiate with the dealer and LRA).

Someone may like to give us non protected Aussies a run down on your laws.
19-06-2012 09:25am