Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Don't damage any tyres
XFullFatTim
Bat wielding forum enforcer

RE: Don't damage any tyres

Yes totally separate, you can buy from a broker or as I did as part of a package from the dealership. Premium is a one off payment for a fixed period of cover, mine covers me for 5 years and includes 5 new tyres to replace damaged ones, 2 complete new alloys and 8 alloy wheel reburbishments if i remember correctly - I paid £200 but it was part of a bundle that included GardX paint treatment and GAP insurance. The only thing that affects the premium is how much your dealer will charge so it really does pay to shop around, also the amount of cover can vary widely too. Fair wear and tear isn't covered and the damage to my tyre was when the tyre had only run 3800 miles so almost new.

A Pangea Green New Defender 110 First Edition is now sitting on my drive alongside British Racing Green Electric Mini Cooper SE Level 3. After 21 years in my hands my TDI300 90 was handed on to the next custodian on 15 July 2022.
(This post was last modified: 19-04-2012 08:35pm by XFullFatTim.)
19-04-2012 08:33pm
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Mudi1

(19-04-2012 08:33pm)XFullFatTim Wrote:  Yes totally separate, you can buy from a broker or as I did as part of a package from the dealership. Premium is a one off payment for a fixed period of cover, mine covers me for 5 years and includes 5 new tyres to replace damaged ones, 2 complete new alloys and 8 alloy wheel reburbishments if i remember correctly - I paid £200 but it was part of a bundle that included GardX paint treatment and GAP insurance. The only thing that affects the premium is how much your dealer will charge so it really does pay to shop around, also the amount of cover can vary widely too. Fair wear and tear isn't covered and the damage to my tyre was when the tyre had only run 3800 miles so almost new.

Thanks Tim
Looks like one I might need as I too have ordered the 20's (and Gap Insurance). I better do some off-roading I suppose, or what is the point of buying a RR.

Gap insurance quote is £600. Which I thought to be standard from the dealer Harwoods.
19-04-2012 10:40pm
PhilSkill

You can get gap way cheaper than that from the dealers, have a search round on here to get an idea. get a quote from somewhere else and present that to the dealer they'll drop their price!

MY12 Fuji Dynamic SD4 Manual, Pano Roof, Electric Tailgate with own Close module
[Image: 124529.png][Image: 1004887.png]
19-04-2012 10:56pm
XFullFatTim
Bat wielding forum enforcer

Evoque is good off road but don't expect a lot of it, the ground clearance, especially of a Dynamic, isn't huge and I'm not sure how you stand with the wheel and tyre cover for off road use, most insurers won't touch off road as the risk of damage is quite high = claims! I have an old Defender that I use to get the off road out of my system, even though both my RRS's and the last big Range Rover could go most places my Defender could go, it just didn't seem right wrecking £72,000 of car..................

A Pangea Green New Defender 110 First Edition is now sitting on my drive alongside British Racing Green Electric Mini Cooper SE Level 3. After 21 years in my hands my TDI300 90 was handed on to the next custodian on 15 July 2022.
19-04-2012 10:56pm
Mudi1

(19-04-2012 10:56pm)PhilSkill Wrote:  You can get gap way cheaper than that from the dealers, have a search round on here to get an idea. get a quote from somewhere else and present that to the dealer they'll drop their price!

Will do, ta Phil
(19-04-2012 10:56pm)XFullFatTim Wrote:  Evoque is good off road but don't expect a lot of it, the ground clearance, especially of a Dynamic, isn't huge and I'm not sure how you stand with the wheel and tyre cover for off road use, most insurers won't touch off road as the risk of damage is quite high = claims! I have an old Defender that I use to get the off road out of my system, even though both my RRS's and the last big Range Rover could go most places my Defender could go, it just didn't seem right wrecking £72,000 of car..................

Point taken. I am a Londoner, my off-roading will be to cross a grassy flat field, not a mountain! (I have ordered a prestige with 20's plus Magneride as I like all four wheels firmly on the ground when turning tight corners through a town). I just thought I might be a bit more adventurous. Ha.

I'll stick to that on the mountain bike then -again used at worst over tree stumps and racing down bridle paths, (if I can find any), but def. not mountains.
(This post was last modified: 19-04-2012 11:14pm by Mudi1.)
19-04-2012 11:01pm
poohbridge

DONT BUY WHEEL and TYRE INSURANCE from Premia Solutions

I have been reading some of your forum concerning Tyre and Wheel Insurance. Please do your research is my best advice. I bought a £260 wheel and tyre insurance with Premia Solutions. Despite filling in their very odd claim form ... taking photos and being as detailed as possible they have denied my claim ... apparently pot hole damage is not covered ... despite the fact that this is not mentioned on their Terms and Conditions. You have been warned. I am seeking advice from the Financial Ombudsmand ..... last stop small claims court. These companies can not be allowed to rip you off and the garages that sell them should think carefully. I will not buy any policies from garages now ... I got caught out on a GAP insurance once also. You are better offer researching it yourself if you want it and it will also be cheaper for you than going through the garage.
01-08-2012 06:30pm