Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Buying an Evoque questions.
bach

Buying an Evoque questions.

Hi guys,
I'm trying to buy an used Evoque, but after reading about all the issue it has, I'm getting confused. Should I buy an Evoque or an Audi Q5 (both 2013)? What should I worry about if I decided to buy an Evoque? And do you think this Evoque worth the price?
2013 Range Rover Evoque (Pure Plus Package) in excellent condition.
$24000
2.0 Turbo
Baltic blue exterior, light grey leather interior
58000 miles
Other features include:
Power Seats with Lumbar & Driver Memory
Panoramic Roof
Backup Camera
Front & Rear Sensors
Homelink
Sirius Satellite Radio (subscription required). . .
First owner (No smoking)
Clean title
Clean interior
09-03-2016 10:23am
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
XFullFatTim
Bat wielding forum enforcer

RE: Buying an Evoque questions.

In the USA one thing to investigate is how far you are from your local dealership/ sales outlet as Land Rover dealerships are not exactly on every street corner over there and we have heard of members who make 200-300 miles trips to their nearest dealership when help is required............. Evoque is no more unreliable than the Audi you are interested in, and Land Rover has never lied about the emissions of their cars........... They are up front about how bad they are! Also how many Evoques do you see around over there? They are far less common than the Q5 I would imagine, so if you want an eye catching car rather than a blob on wheels then the Evoque is the car for you!

A Pangea Green New Defender 110 First Edition is now sitting on my drive alongside British Racing Green Electric Mini Cooper SE Level 3. After 21 years in my hands my TDI300 90 was handed on to the next custodian on 15 July 2022.
09-03-2016 11:06am
bach

(09-03-2016 11:06am)XFullFatTim Wrote:  In the USA one thing to investigate is how far you are from your local dealership/ sales outlet as Land Rover dealerships are not exactly on every street corner over there and we have heard of members who make 200-300 miles trips to their nearest dealership when help is required............. Evoque is no more unreliable than the Audi you are interested in, and Land Rover has never lied about the emissions of their cars........... They are up front about how bad they are! Also how many Evoques do you see around over there? They are far less common than the Q5 I would imagine, so if you want an eye catching car rather than a blob on wheels then the Evoque is the car for you!

The last reason that stop me buying an Evoque is that, Im here in the USA for only one more year. Would it be easy to sell? As I don't see much Evoque on the street. I would maintain it very well and add around 20k miles to it as I calculated.
(This post was last modified: 09-03-2016 11:20am by bach.)
09-03-2016 11:19am
XFullFatTim
Bat wielding forum enforcer

I'm in the UK so don't know how easily a used Evoque sells over there, maybe one of our US based members can answer that.

A Pangea Green New Defender 110 First Edition is now sitting on my drive alongside British Racing Green Electric Mini Cooper SE Level 3. After 21 years in my hands my TDI300 90 was handed on to the next custodian on 15 July 2022.
09-03-2016 11:31am
Beats

If you're going off road or just interested in how a car looks then get an Evoque, in all other areas I found the q5 superior.
(This post was last modified: 11-03-2016 01:01am by Beats.)
11-03-2016 01:00am
335i

I dont like the q5 and would take evoque over q5 anyday. I have driven q5 many times and it reminds me of my old a4 which is not a good thing and the q5 is dated as it came out in end of 07.

That price is quite good for the evoque does it have clean carfax?
12-03-2016 05:47am