Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Dome/map lights helps!
huanvanhuynh

Dome/map lights helps!

[Image: 5fff562b3fdf7fc0fae7c70794785b89.jpg][Image: 72ae0d1fdc6e79d9b3ff169a085924d8.jpg]

Hello guys! New owner from Texas!!

I'm trying to change my interior bulbs with leds one and managed to replaced the trunk and the foot lights and love it! But my LEDs was 8000k in color and wanted to replace the map lights too so it will match with all the color. Because of my itchy hands. Pry off the clear lens on the map lights. I think I accidentally break the 3 connector on the back of the lens. I don't know if that lens is removable or there's something holding the lens permanently. The 2015 is using leds bulbs and seem not removable. I end up put it back and now the biggest problem is the soft touch or sensitive touch isn't working anymore. There's 2 bulbs was on and can't turn it off unless the car parked and locked. Wifey bitching about the lights and my itchy hands. And we just got the car for less than a week and and only put 700 miles when we made a trip to San Antonio! Any advice to fix it? Haven't bring it to the dealer. But pretty sure 500 bucks or more is easy for Land Rover dealer! Pls help! And thanks in advance!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
12-09-2015 08:59pm
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
borbor1313

Dome/map lights helps!

Hi , have you reset the lights after changing them ?
Not sure how they work exactly but because the lens is only plastic you are not really breaking any electrical circuit. This if further reinforced by the fact that you don't even need to touch them just wave your hand or finger in close proximity to activate or deactivate.
Suggest that you reopen and reinstall the plastic lens cover several seperate times retesting after each attempt . I know this works when you have a flaky connection after installing LEDs although didn't tear off the cover like you
28-09-2015 12:50pm
huanvanhuynh

Dome/map lights helps!

I can't reset the lights since the touch sensitive isn't working. I did bring it to dealer and they said the contact pins isn't working.
29-09-2015 04:28pm