Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Does your iPod Connection break up?
mark_n

Does your iPod Connection break up?

I'm wondering how your sound quality is with a wired iPod connection?

I've always found the quality to be a bit glitchy and the sound quality poor compared to CD or Bluetooth streaming from an iPhone. I'd prefer to use this wired connection because you can then navigate (slowly) from the RRE console display which is safer - not to mention legal - compared to using the Bluetooth interface.

I've dug around to unearth 3 generations of iPod - plus the iPhone itself - and none seems very different from the others and it doesn't seem to matter whether you are using MP3 or Apple Lossless.

Any experiences?

Mark

Evoque was great, now in an RRS SVR
25-11-2012 05:45am
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
griff

RE: Does your iPod Connection break up?

Hi Mark
I have used my ipod from day one and no problems apart from right at the beginning when I realised that if the USB was not snug then I did get a dicky connection. I soon found that making sure the wires were snug made the difference and I have had no problem in the last year.

Cheers

Arrived: SD4 Prestige Auto Coupe with Lux pack. Ipanema Sand with Black Panoramic Roof
Ambience Interior with Macassa wood.

Now a Jag XFR Kyanite Blue - wow what power.
At home and superb.
25-11-2012 09:58am
Zesty314

(25-11-2012 05:45am)mark_n Wrote:  I'm wondering how your sound quality is with a wired iPod connection?

I've always found the quality to be a bit glitchy and the sound quality poor compared to CD or Bluetooth streaming from an iPhone. I'd prefer to use this wired connection because you can then navigate (slowly) from the RRE console display which is safer - not to mention legal - compared to using the Bluetooth interface.

I've dug around to unearth 3 generations of iPod - plus the iPhone itself - and none seems very different from the others and it doesn't seem to matter whether you are using MP3 or Apple Lossless.

Any experiences?

I pick my car up tomorrow so haven't tried to see which option gives the best sound quality, but in all my previous cars a wired iphone connection was far superior to Bluetooth audio. Currently I have my iPhone wired in my C70 for audio and Bluetooth for the phone connection and that's what I am planning wither the evoque.

Cheers

Mark H

Delivered Nov 12: 5 door Pure SD4 Auto, OG with black contrast roof, almond/espresso interior, 20 inch black style 6 wheels, fogs and privacy....oh and a real spare.
25-11-2012 12:23pm
Evo-king

I'm using one of the earliest ipod classics 30gb, connected via cable and have used it since day 1 with no real problems.

Evoque No3: MY15 Dynamic Lux SD4, Auto, Santorini Black, Pimento Dynamic Plus Sports Seats, Ebony headlining, Pan Roof, Shadow Chrome Alloys.
25-11-2012 10:21pm
IvorRedOne

No problems with my ipod 120gb. Sound quality excellent but prefer to use my moible phone Galaxy S3 to bluetooth the music.
26-11-2012 01:58pm
Bessiebella

Hi Mark I have had the same problem with the iPod, so I now use a memory stick which is very small so doesn't take all the room up in the storage box. I tied a few different cables but it made no difference there was alway interference.
Ann
26-11-2012 06:27pm
mark_n

Interesting, thank you. I tried it with a new cable and iPhone 5, still the same. I have not tried a USB drive, I'll give it. Go. Car is in for service tomorrow so I will mention it to them.

Mark

26-11-2012 09:18pm
missevoque

(26-11-2012 09:18pm)mark_n Wrote:  Interesting, thank you. I tried it with a new cable and iPhone 5, still the same. I have not tried a USB drive, I'll give it. Go. Car is in for service tomorrow so I will mention it to them.

Hi Mark,

Did you get a solution from the dealer? My car is 4 months old and it's just started to "crackle" on the ipod connection. Like you, I also use a wired connection. Would love any tips!

Missy

Pure SD4 Auto Fuji White
Tech Pack, Clearview Pack, pano roof, electric tailgate, etc etc
Built June 12, 2012.... Arrived in Sydney August 1st.... The countdown to delivery is on!
15-12-2012 07:07am
gw76

the sound on mine persistently cuts out, regardless of order of installation/bluetooth on/off etc. Its very annoying as its the only way to see the playlist
15-12-2012 02:16pm
mark_n

The dealer has replaced the part of the storage compartment with the connectors; it may have been a loose connection or someting wrong with the part itself but the sound is much improved.

Mark

15-12-2012 05:06pm