Thread Rating:
  • 3 Votes - 5 Average
Does Evoque have a GVIF input?
Evoquer

This is a video showing how to mirror Android Phone Screen in Range Rover Sport.

Does anyone know if Evoque has this GVIF input? Some smart phones have TV OUT and the phone can be connected through a GVIF adaptor. Even though you cannot *control* the phone from the car touch screen but you can *see* all what your smartphone will display and this will be a cost effective/ less-hassle option compared to the next video.

I like this a lot but I am not sure if I want to replace Evoque screen with a tablet pc. Evoque might stop suddenly.

Evoque Coupe, Pure, Fuji white, Ebony, Climate Pkg, and US Pure Premium pkg

[Image: event.png]
(This post was last modified: 29-01-2012 07:14pm by Evoquer.)
29-01-2012 07:09pm
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
olde

RE: Does Evoque have a GVIF input?

If you could control the phone by touching the Evoque's screen... Hmmm. Puts thinking hat on. Shocked

Whistle Our Petition to Improve the Evoque sent to Range Rover CEO, get your copy ---> HERE <---
29-01-2012 07:18pm
Evoquer

It's not impossible.

Yes. My goal is not to TOUCH the phone once I am in the car. I'd like to be a good driver.

29-01-2012 07:53pm
bell-auto-services

I have some modules coming in soon that will let the OEM nav screen be used for a composite input of your choice which could be used on a Iphone or android with a TVout cable as well as the option Digital TV if you so wish.

More info as soon as they arrive.

Pete

TV/DVD-On-The-Move modules available from £145+ £10 UK mainland shipping Excluding higlands and Islands.
29-01-2012 08:42pm
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Evoquer

Hmm... that's still one way communication (from Phone to Evoque), isn't it? Would it allow bi-directional control?

(This post was last modified: 29-01-2012 08:57pm by Evoquer.)
29-01-2012 08:51pm
Craig_d1

Means you don't need car sat nav if you've got it on your phone
29-01-2012 10:37pm
Cedric

(29-01-2012 10:37pm)Craig_d1 Wrote:  Means you don't need car sat nav if you've got it on your phone

I doubt that. The main reason why I took the integrated gps is to avoid poor signal reception, although I have gps on the phone.
If you are going to use the main screen you probably need to put the phone in a spot where see the screen properly to make sure you get a decent gps signal.
29-01-2012 11:18pm
Evoquer

(29-01-2012 10:37pm)Craig_d1 Wrote:  Means you don't need car sat nav if you've got it on your phone
Exactly. I couldn't justify myself why I should spend a couple of thousands dollars to get a SAT NAV when my phone can do better for free (well, almost), so I didn't order the package - hence all these researches.

I've tested my TomTom and iPhone App (Waze) in an Evoque with solar attenuating glasses & heated windshield and the result? The reception on both devices was quite all right. TomTom took some moments to detect the GPS signal but the iPhone App was fast enough to guide me through the roads. According to the poll, there are 50/50 chances. We need more voters to make this statistics more valid.

30-01-2012 01:09am
Cedric

(30-01-2012 01:09am)Evoquer Wrote:  I've tested my TomTom and iPhone App (Waze) in an Evoque with solar attenuating glasses & heated windshield and the result? The reception on both devices was quite all right. TomTom took some moments to detect the GPS signal but the iPhone App was fast enough to guide me through the roads. According to the poll, there are 50/50 chances. We need more voters to make this statistics more valid.

I think your iPhone app was faster because it prboably uses assisted gps to get a lock, meaning you have a data subscription on your phone.
30-01-2012 11:48am
gibbyd

(29-01-2012 08:42pm)bell-auto-services Wrote:  I have some modules coming in soon that will let the OEM nav screen be used for a composite input of your choice which could be used on a Iphone or android with a TVout cable as well as the option Digital TV if you so wish.

More info as soon as they arrive.

Pete
Hi Pete
I don't have tech pack. Will this mod work with the IPhone to play videos from YouTube etc.......
06-02-2012 10:17pm