Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Do I have to deal with my dealer?
dandavis1

My car has now developed three very annoying rattles plus I'm sure the heating doesn't work properly (last nigh I drove for 24 miles with the heating on "HI" and the fan on max before the cabin felt warm).

Only thing is I thought my dealer was rubbish and I don't trust them to look after my concerns - do I have to deal with them or can I go to any Land Rover dealer?
18-12-2011 02:24pm
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
rsk21

Any dealer

If there are faults that require rectifying they will be covered under warranty and any franchised dealer should assist.

Forgive the bluntness of the question but why might you think this would be different with LR vs any other manufacturer ?
18-12-2011 02:43pm
Coolbanana

RE: Do I have to deal with my dealer?

Any Dealer.

I bought my car from Guy Salmon 180 miles away from my home but Looker's Park Royal will get the servicing etc.

My D4 was from Hunter's Southampton and Stratstone, Slough and Looker's dealt with my servicing and one minor warranty issue that I had with it.

Car:Range Rover Sport 3.0SDV6 HSE - Orkney Grey, Almond interior and with lots of options
Bike:Ducati Monster 1100 EVO
18-12-2011 02:44pm
dandavis1

(18-12-2011 02:43pm)rsk21 Wrote:  Forgive the bluntness of the question but why might you think this would be different with LR vs any other manufacturer ?

I wasn't suggesting LR were any different to any other car manufacturer - its the first new car I've bought, so wasn't sure how these things worked.

With most stuff purchased, the contract is between you and the trader, not the manufacturer, so I wondered if my contract was with my specific dealer.
(This post was last modified: 18-12-2011 03:14pm by dandavis1.)
18-12-2011 03:13pm
Straydox

(18-12-2011 03:13pm)dandavis1 Wrote:  With most stuff purchased, the contract is between you and the trader, not the manufacturer, so I wondered if my contract was with my specific dealer.

You car's guarantee (Warranty in automotive terms) enables you to use any dealer holding the Land Rover franchise. The contractual aspects of the commercial transaction between you and the dealer will really only come into play if the vehicle isn't fit for the purpose intended.

I have noted over the years (and many, many new cars) that some dealers have excellent sales departments and get let down by their colleagues in service - its all about the quality of the people.

Delivered 15th May 2012, rejected and returned 4th Feb 2013 - SD4 5 door Prestige manual with a bucket full of rattles Mauritius Blue. Crazy Audi MY2020 RSQ3
18-12-2011 04:04pm
rsk21

(18-12-2011 03:13pm)dandavis1 Wrote:  I wasn't suggesting LR were any different to any other car manufacturer - its the first new car I've bought, so wasn't sure how these things worked.

With most stuff purchased, the contract is between you and the trader, not the manufacturer, so I wondered if my contract was with my specific dealer.

I wasn't having a pop mate just couldn't find a way to phrase the question without it sounding a bit blunt.

First new car ? A man of your well documented wealth ? Wink
18-12-2011 05:54pm
berlin2011

Details on the rattles?

Current: SD4 Dynamic Auto, 5 Door, Orkney Grey with Black Contrast Pano roof and 20" Shadow Chrome wheels. Pursuit interior. [countdown="Hand over"]15th June 2013 2:00pm[/countdown]

Gone: Si4 Prestige Auto Coupe, Orkney Grey with Panoramic Roof, Element interior, Shadow Chrome 20" wheels with most of the bits & pieces loaded. [countdown="Hand over"]29th November 2011 2:00pm[/countdown]
18-12-2011 07:56pm
dandavis1

(18-12-2011 07:56pm)berlin2011 Wrote:  Details on the rattles?

From the day I bought it, the nearside door panel rattles as I go over bumps etc., and now the drivers door has started doing the same. There's also an intermittent rattle from the back somewhere plus the whole centre console creaks as I accelerate and brake with any vigor.

And is anyone else finding the heating quite underwhelming? Every car I've ever owned can easily make the car very very warm, but the Evoque seems to have real problems even getting the cabin to a comfortable temp when it's cold outside.
18-12-2011 10:02pm
berlin2011

Let me know how you get on with rattles being sorted... my car is developing one or two as well.

Current: SD4 Dynamic Auto, 5 Door, Orkney Grey with Black Contrast Pano roof and 20" Shadow Chrome wheels. Pursuit interior. [countdown="Hand over"]15th June 2013 2:00pm[/countdown]

Gone: Si4 Prestige Auto Coupe, Orkney Grey with Panoramic Roof, Element interior, Shadow Chrome 20" wheels with most of the bits & pieces loaded. [countdown="Hand over"]29th November 2011 2:00pm[/countdown]
19-12-2011 07:04am
Mag1c_dragon

(18-12-2011 10:02pm)dandavis1 Wrote:  And is anyone else finding the heating quite underwhelming? Every car I've ever owned can easily make the car very very warm, but the Evoque seems to have real problems even getting the cabin to a comfortable temp when it's cold outside.

I don't have rattles but thought the same about the heating - thought it was just me being too cold all the time and it being winter! In particular I get a draught from underneath the steering wheel and it's always cold around my thighs. Doesnt get as warm a the rest of the car. The Remainder of the cabin in OK, I just use the heated seats all the time. But like you I have so far found it the heating a bit lacking.

Another slight annoyance is that the buttons where you turn on the air flow direction do not glow in the dark (neither are any of the buttons on the steering wheel either) So driving in the dark I can never see which button to press.

Ordered June 11, Built - 24th November - Delivered - 7th Dec - NO DELAYS

Fuji White SD4 Dynamic, Auto, 5 Door, Black contrast roof with Panoramic Sunroof, Vortex Interior, Shadow Alloys, Ebony Roof Liner, Surround Cameras, TPMS Very Happy

http://www.flickr.com/photos/johnrampton/6495208095/
19-12-2011 09:27am