Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Do I have to deal with my dealer?
dandavis1

RE: Do I have to deal with my dealer?

Really? My buttons might not glow (can't remember), but they're lit by an LED shining down from above. The buttons on the steering wheel definitely do though. My steering wheel looks like a Xmas tree at night.
19-12-2011 01:52pm
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
dandavis1

(19-12-2011 09:27am)Mag1c_dragon Wrote:  Another slight annoyance is that the buttons where you turn on the air flow direction do not glow in the dark (neither are any of the buttons on the steering wheel either) So driving in the dark I can never see which button to press.

Just double checked and all my buttons light up. Sounds like you may have a fault with your electrics?
19-12-2011 05:45pm
bogstomper

(19-12-2011 09:27am)Mag1c_dragon Wrote:  I don't have rattles but thought the same about the heating - thought it was just me being too cold all the time and it being winter! In particular I get a draught from underneath the steering wheel and it's always cold around my thighs. Doesnt get as warm a the rest of the car. The Remainder of the cabin in OK, I just use the heated seats all the time. But like you I have so far found it the heating a bit lacking.

Another slight annoyance is that the buttons where you turn on the air flow direction do not glow in the dark (neither are any of the buttons on the steering wheel either) So driving in the dark I can never see which button to press.

@Mag1c - i have a dynamic and my steering wheel buttons (including the paddle shifts) are illuminated - sounds like yours needs checking out.
19-12-2011 08:35pm
fam1x

I hope not, once I have my car there is no way I'm every going back to the dealer or recommending them to anyone else. If anything be the opposite, not to sound like a broken record but I must have had the worst dealer in the country.

Pure SD4 Auto Black Tech pack, Pano roof, Powered tailgate, Dim rear view, Carpet mats & edging, Parking Assist Aid - Rear camera, Folding mirrors, Front Fogs, Auto Light, Rain sensor, Adaptive Xenons, Heated SW, Keyless entry and Privacy Glass arrived 13 Jan 12 Smile
(This post was last modified: 20-12-2011 11:18am by fam1x.)
19-12-2011 09:36pm
dandavis1

(19-12-2011 09:36pm)fam1x Wrote:  I hope not as once I have my at there is no way I'm every going back to them or recommending them to anyone. If anything be the opposite not to sound like a broken record but I must have had the worst dealer in the country.

Erm... what?
20-12-2011 09:58am
eastrnma

(18-12-2011 02:43pm)rsk21 Wrote:  Forgive the bluntness of the question but why might you think this would be different with LR vs any other manufacturer ?

My experience with BMW, Audi and Mercedes here is the U.S. is that the dealers will generally go to great lengths to demonstrate professionalism and ensure prompt service. Frankly, after dealing with other brands, I was shocked at the take-it-or-leave it attitude the LR dealer took.
(This post was last modified: 20-12-2011 11:32am by eastrnma.)
20-12-2011 11:32am
Mag1c_dragon

(19-12-2011 08:35pm)bogstomper Wrote:  @Mag1c - i have a dynamic and my steering wheel buttons (including the paddle shifts) are illuminated - sounds like yours needs checking out.

Oh no - cant believe my car has a fault!

Ordered June 11, Built - 24th November - Delivered - 7th Dec - NO DELAYS

Fuji White SD4 Dynamic, Auto, 5 Door, Black contrast roof with Panoramic Sunroof, Vortex Interior, Shadow Alloys, Ebony Roof Liner, Surround Cameras, TPMS Very Happy

http://www.flickr.com/photos/johnrampton/6495208095/
20-12-2011 08:02pm
Mag1c_dragon

Been out and had a look at my car - nothing wrong with it! Fault in user (insert embarrassed face here!)

I haven't had my headlights on - only the half/LED ones. Turn lamps on = buttons illuminated.

I feel so stupid lol. Plus it means I have been driving at night for a couple of weeks with no lights on :-0

Ordered June 11, Built - 24th November - Delivered - 7th Dec - NO DELAYS

Fuji White SD4 Dynamic, Auto, 5 Door, Black contrast roof with Panoramic Sunroof, Vortex Interior, Shadow Alloys, Ebony Roof Liner, Surround Cameras, TPMS Very Happy

http://www.flickr.com/photos/johnrampton/6495208095/
20-12-2011 09:34pm
bogstomper

Oops - to be honest I feel better for you than I would have if your new car had been faulty - glad you're all sorted now! Wink
20-12-2011 11:02pm
ytshome

(20-12-2011 09:34pm)Mag1c_dragon Wrote:  Been out and had a look at my car - nothing wrong with it! Fault in user (insert embarrassed face here!)

I haven't had my headlights on - only the half/LED ones. Turn lamps on = buttons illuminated.

I feel so stupid lol. Plus it means I have been driving at night for a couple of weeks with no lights on :-0

Taxi for MagicLaughing

Arrived. Prestige SD4 Auto 5DR OG September 11
21-12-2011 12:45am