Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Discovery Sport
Evo-king

RE: Discovery Sport

2.2d.

According to the configurator.

Ingenium engines to come later I guess.

Evoque No3: MY15 Dynamic Lux SD4, Auto, Santorini Black, Pimento Dynamic Plus Sports Seats, Ebony headlining, Pan Roof, Shadow Chrome Alloys.
03-09-2014 09:45pm
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
vinny

With 7 people on board be lucky to get up any hills with the same engine as the evoque,too under powered.

My order- fuji white sd4 manual coupe,tech pack,xenons,style 6 20's,pano roof,privacy,front fogs,rear camera,folding mirrors,ebony int/ivory headliner,dec delivery.(still waiting!) Collected 14/01/2012
NOW SOLD as of 26/07/14 Very Happy
Now driving Audi SQ5, everything the Evoque should of been.
03-09-2014 10:57pm
PhilSkill

Front end and running gear from the Evoque, same Engines and Haldex Diff, only rear end redesigned.

Freelander 2 still on the website, seeing them side by side shows the similarities.

MY12 Fuji Dynamic SD4 Manual, Pano Roof, Electric Tailgate with own Close module
[Image: 124529.png][Image: 1004887.png]
04-09-2014 10:00am
XFullFatTim
Bat wielding forum enforcer

Outside is attractive, inside the front dash looks untidy with all those odd switches, the Evoque does the dash much better. As for the third row of seats - waste of time, just like the 5+2 in RRS.

A Pangea Green New Defender 110 First Edition is now sitting on my drive alongside British Racing Green Electric Mini Cooper SE Level 3. After 21 years in my hands my TDI300 90 was handed on to the next custodian on 15 July 2022.
04-09-2014 01:55pm
Tony

I have found why the rear half does not look right - to me anyway. If you compare the side photos on LR's web site DS sport to RRS2 they both look very similar in profile but on the DS the 'C' piller is body coloured whereas on the RRS2, FFRR and Evoque the entire window line is black. I think LR have used the term 'floating roof' to describe it before. How long before a rework to include the all black window line?. IIRC a similar thing was done in reverse on the very first FL1s where the side window surrounds were painted matt black, this was very quickly deleted.

Playing around with colours on the configurator black with black glass gives a better effect but its a pity you cannot delete the 3rd row brat seats - waste of useable space and waste of money for us.

Evoque Dynamic SD4 Lux Auto Total Rubbish, worst car I have owned - GONE AT LAST!
04-09-2014 02:41pm
XFullFatTim
Bat wielding forum enforcer

Floating roof is an RR design "feature" not a "Land Rover" thing. The Freely1 black window surrounds, those were preproduction cars IIRC and some white ones escaped into the open market and to those in the know they are desirable. The "black" was only a transfer I think, it wasn't painted.

A Pangea Green New Defender 110 First Edition is now sitting on my drive alongside British Racing Green Electric Mini Cooper SE Level 3. After 21 years in my hands my TDI300 90 was handed on to the next custodian on 15 July 2022.
04-09-2014 04:20pm
Tony

Tim, Yes, I think that is where I last saw the reference to the 'floating roof' with the launch of the current FFRR. One of my neighbours has an early escapee FL1 with black window surrounds, it also has the old tractor (pre TD4) diesel, base model, still running strong minimal electronics.

I still think the large 'C' post spoils the side view but for us it won't make any difference unless quality is improved.

Evoque Dynamic SD4 Lux Auto Total Rubbish, worst car I have owned - GONE AT LAST!
04-09-2014 05:22pm
AAA86

Discovery Sport

Not sure about the interior, still looks old to me with some parts from the evoque! Even the pano, its basically cut and paste from the evoque. Yoi would expect a proper sunroof on th D sport [emoji19]
04-09-2014 05:54pm
Lone Rangerover

(04-09-2014 05:54pm)AAA86 Wrote:  Not sure about the interior, still looks old to me with some parts from the evoque! Even the pano, its basically cut and paste from the evoque. Yoi would expect a proper sunroof on th D sport [emoji19]

so is the new Discovery Sport essentially an extended evoque chassis ?
04-09-2014 06:28pm
Daglass

Looks great on the outside. Don't like the dash at all.
I wonder how many rattles it will have.

Pure 5 Door, SD4, Orkney Grey, Pano Roof, Style 6 Alloys, Front Sensors, Rear Camera, Fogs, Tailgate
Ordered - October 15 2011
Built - March 30 2012
Delivery - April 18 2012
Sold - December 24 2014
04-09-2014 07:00pm