Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Discounts Or Deals On New Evoques
MeanDorris

Discounts Or Deals On New Evoques

New on here but been a member on one of the sister sites for a while...

Just interested in whether people are yet able to have negotiated anything in the way of discounts in the UK as yet, now the Evoque has been out a while?

I'm looking at a auto Pure with some upgrades including the tech pack, have spoken to my normal dealer, but they have recently been bought out, and the sales manager I had a good relationship with has moved on to a new career.

This would be my 4th new vehicle purchase from them in 3 years, and it is a little unpalatble that there doesn't seem to be an inch of movement on the price, even on the options or accessories.

Is this still very much par for the course out there or can anyone recommend a dealer that may be a little more generous with the view to acquring a new regular customer?

I will probably be looking to trade in a Freelander 2, so a sensible approach to trade in values also required.

I have been offered a Landrover experience day, but not really interested in that as have had one before I have not used.

If no technical discount on the base have people managed to get the odd thing thrown in?
18-10-2012 02:16pm
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
The Valeter

RE: Discounts Or Deals On New Evoques

More chance of sailing to the moon regarding discounts presently.

Came Home On 02/03/13 Pure Tech In Barolo Black/Cirrus Trim with Bespoke Firenze Ascents + Numerous Factory Options!!
Also :-

Rover 25GSi - 2005 Everyday Car.
MG ZR-Express Van - 2005 Special Factory Order (Literally a one off).
MG Montego 2.0i - 1990 Shows/Sunny Days.
MG Metro 1300 - 1983 Being Restored!
18-10-2012 02:20pm
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Evo-king

Very little has been reported being thrown in, even a full tank of fuel seems the exception rather than the rule.

Evoque No3: MY15 Dynamic Lux SD4, Auto, Santorini Black, Pimento Dynamic Plus Sports Seats, Ebony headlining, Pan Roof, Shadow Chrome Alloys.
18-10-2012 02:35pm
XFullFatTim
Bat wielding forum enforcer

Discounts:Rolling with LaughterRolling with LaughterRolling with LaughterRolling with LaughterRolling with LaughterRolling with LaughterRolling with LaughterRolling with LaughterRolling with LaughterRolling with LaughterRolling with LaughterRolling with Laughter

There's a 4 month long waiting list in the UK, longer for some variants. Why on this earth would dealers want to offer discounts when people are still happy to pay list and wait for their car? Some folks even report having to pay list for a USED one!

A Pangea Green New Defender 110 First Edition is now sitting on my drive alongside British Racing Green Electric Mini Cooper SE Level 3. After 21 years in my hands my TDI300 90 was handed on to the next custodian on 15 July 2022.
(This post was last modified: 18-10-2012 04:45pm by XFullFatTim.)
18-10-2012 04:43pm
KidAd

I was offered a discount on Gardx, which is as good as no discount at all. Money off on an overpriced product (at the dealers at least) that will almost certainly be poorly applied doesn't really count.

As other posters have suggested - if you're struggling to keep up with demand, why would you reduce your prices? Land Rovers and their dealers are in the envious position of having more than enough people willing to pay full price at the moment.
18-10-2012 05:31pm
jojosr

I got 10% discount in Austria. So I was not sad, when I got only 5 litres of petrol from dealer and nothing else... Smile

Ordered: 2.3.2012:
RRE Prestige SD4 AT, Barolo Black, Spirit/Macassar/Ivory/Espresso Oxford Leather Interiour, Black Pano roof, Privacy Glass, AUX Heating, Heated seats and Wheel, Tech pack.
Delivered: 19.9.2012
[Image: 151832.png]
18-10-2012 06:36pm
Urban Splash

We have seen internal LR documentation stating that they expect the car to be delivered with a full tank. However, the dealers are so tight they are choosing to ignore this....

No chance of a worthwhile discount. Best you can hope for is a decent part ex price. If you are trading in a FL, I think they will take your eyes out in light of the recent facelift..

Delivered: Evoque 5 door Prestige SD4 Auto 4WD, Orkney Grey, Fixed Panoramic Roof, Ivory Headliner, Vibe Interior, Spare wheel, 20" Chrome Shadow Style 7
18-10-2012 06:47pm
stunt

You wont get anything of the list price at the moment.

You may get dealer fitted options thrown in but they wont be shown on your invoice.

Fuji SD4 Dynamic. Coupe. Manual, Privacy
18-10-2012 09:17pm
The Valeter

6 month wait for a petrol in UK I was told last week.

Came Home On 02/03/13 Pure Tech In Barolo Black/Cirrus Trim with Bespoke Firenze Ascents + Numerous Factory Options!!
Also :-

Rover 25GSi - 2005 Everyday Car.
MG ZR-Express Van - 2005 Special Factory Order (Literally a one off).
MG Montego 2.0i - 1990 Shows/Sunny Days.
MG Metro 1300 - 1983 Being Restored!
18-10-2012 10:36pm
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
tripletreiber

(18-10-2012 06:36pm)jojosr Wrote:  I got 10% discount in Austria. So I was not sad, when I got only 5 litres of petrol from dealer and nothing else... Smile

+1 in Germany... exactly the same 5 liter and no extra

[Image: 536437_41.png] Shocked
19-10-2012 05:02am